• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Iowa just passed a 6 week abortion ban.

Iowa lives up to its acronym again.
    weeks 13-18?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      LOL. Just wait.
      If planned Parenthood is smart, they challenge it in state court. The current Iowa judiciary is very big on striking down laws under the State Constitution, which means SCOTUS can't touch it.

Comment

This is a great ****ing idea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/u...imes&smtyp=cur

WASHINGTON — Clinics that provide abortions or refer patients to places that do would lose federal funding under a new Trump administration rule that takes direct aim at Planned Parenthood, according to three administration officials.

The rule, which is to be announced Friday, is a top priority of social conservatives and is the latest move by President Trump to impose curbs on abortion rights, in this case by withholding money from any facility or program that promotes abortion or refers patients to a caregiver that will provide one.

The policy would be a return to one instituted in 1988 by President Ronald Reagan that required abortion services to have a “physical separation” and “separate personnel” from other family planning activities. That policy is often described as a domestic gag rule because it barred caregivers at facilities that received family planning funds from providing any information to patients about an abortion or where to receive one.

Federal family planning laws already ban direct funding of organizations that use abortion as a family planning method. But conservative activists and Republican lawmakers have been pressing Alex M. Azar II, the secretary of health and human services, to tighten the rules further so that abortions could not occur — or be performed by the same staff — at locations that receive Title X federal family planning money.

Dawn Laguens, the executive vice president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, called the new proposal “outrageous” and “dangerous.”

The policy, she said in a statement late Thursday, is “designed to make it impossible for millions of patients to get birth control or preventive care from reproductive health care providers like Planned Parenthood. This is designed to force doctors and nurses to lie to their patients. It would have devastating consequences across this country.”
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Don't conservatives know that abortion mostly eliminates future Democratic voters?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Don't conservatives know that abortion mostly eliminates future Democratic voters?
            It evens out. Democratic kids are more likely to choose an abortion but are also more careful and knowledgeable. Republican kids are more likely to need an abortion because they were raised without morals or information.
            Last edited by Kepler; 05-19-2018, 01:44 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ireland

http://www.bbc.com/news/resources/id...ion_referendum
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Exit polls show Ireland overturning the abortion ban by a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Exit polls show Ireland overturning the abortion ban by a landslide.
                  And a big thank you goes to the Irish bishops who allowed priestly abuse to exist for decades and did nothing. Your day of Judgement will be coming.

You abandoned your flocks. And when you cried to them in need, they abandoned you and Holy Mother Church.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    And a big thank you goes to the Irish bishops who allowed priestly abuse to exist for decades and did nothing. Your day of Judgement will be coming.

You abandoned your flocks. And when you cried to them in need, they abandoned you and Holy Mother Church.
                    Or maybe they finally realized forcing 14 year old rape victims and women whose fetuses don't have heads to go through labor makes no sense.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Or maybe they finally realized forcing 14 year old rape victims and women whose fetuses don't have heads to go through labor makes no sense.
                      Or that.
                      Bravo, Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

So is God punishing the priests? Or is it the women this time? Surely God can’t be punishing the babies for this.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thank God it was limited to just the Irish.

Comment

Your day of Judgement will be coming.
                            Except, of course, it won't be and it isn't, because that's just a buncha bullsh-t.

If we actually took the scriptures seriously for half a second, we'd expect all these hypocritical hosebags to wind up in a supernatural faceoff a la Hellraiser 3. But that will never happen because God was always complete nonsense, and the clerics jamming their cocks down little Ciaran's throat all knew that.

Religion is just a con. It's always been a con. FFS, just figure it out already.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-26-2018, 01:25 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ireland votes to legalize reproductive rights.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I didn't realize Northern Ireland was still backwards despite being part of the U.K. Gay marriage and abortion are still banned there.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X