X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I was taking one of the first offerings from my search, figuring that their costs were lower than ours. Still, it illustrated perfectly the cost to the system - $292,500 in hospital resources for the average premature baby.
    I don't think those numbers say that It says TOTAL for ALL infants, not average for each. Average daily cost for infants under 1000g was $115. Avg daily cost for my daughter was closer to $5,000.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      I don't think those numbers say that It says TOTAL for ALL infants, not average for each. Average daily cost for infants under 1000g was $115. Avg daily cost for my daughter was closer to $5,000.
      Yeah, you're right. Lousy job interfering with my USCHO time.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

A) Define on "its own". Does being hooked up to premature life support systems in incubation pods (don't know the specific words) count as living on its own?

B) Who pays for the enormous medical costs associated with these children when the mothers don't want them?
        Or the countless complications associated with premature birth...
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Lousy job interfering with my USCHO time.
          I hate when that happens.

I'd be interested to see if paying 50x as much gives us anywhere close to 50x better results.

Comment

Conservatives have a longstanding history of make 'em come out but eff them once they do.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Says the [non-existent person I made up to have a straw man with whom to argue so that I always win,] who has no interest in fixing these neighborhoods or enacting meaningful gun laws.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

You're proposing a huge burden on our Child Protective Services, or whatever each state calls their respective agency. These people are already overworked and underfunded for the tasks we've assigned them, but you want to add on the medical bills amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars per child in incubation. That's not realistic.
                It sounds like you are saying that our current method of Child Protective Services isn't working. Maybe we should move some of that burden away from the government over to charities that would be delighted to care for those children? Have Child Protective Services do triage, and the courts to make the decisions, and then use a process that actually would succeed in keeping those children safe?

There is a series of articles underway right now in The NY Post describing how many times NY City protective services have failed to rescue children from abusive environments, after multiple warnings, and then those children were killed. Some people might argue that those children would have been better off had they not been born; others might argue that they should have been removed from those abusive households far earlier; a few on the fringe even try to argue that women who abuse their children should be sterilized, an idea I find totally repulsive (yet it still needs to be rebutted).

How is partial-birth abortion anything other than child abuse?

"Some people see the world as it is, and ask 'why?'
                Other people dream of the world as it could be, and ask 'why not?'"
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That's one hell of a pivot.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That's one hell of a pivot.
                    That's not a pivot...
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Comment

Two videos - don't worry, neither of them show an abortion or the results of one.

https://youtu.be/qtgqxvaV-8U

https://youtu.be/ekgiScr364Y
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Two videos - don't worry, neither of them show an abortion or the results of one.

Consider the source. I also see videos under that account with very sensational titles, such as, "Planned Parenthood Aids Pimp's Underage Sex Ring"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

You're in Flag territory on this, joe.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

While the videos are well produced, they are clearly propaganda and thus are unconvincing. I've always taken you as smarter than to buy into something like that.

Not to mention, if you are buying into the math of the first video, you are minimizing the importance of the wide range of other women's health care options provided, which, I would think, is insulting to most women.

Comment

Abortion at the top of the Federal agenda now that Republicans are back in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Never ceases to amaze. It's not what gets them elected but it's what they'll spend all their time on.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X