Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Give me your tired, your boors.
    Your huddled masses yearning to be free....
    And that's exactly what you are getting

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
      Allegedly the money is already there, just working on some finer details. Giving the hockey booster group the on campus land in exchange for housing Olympic sports in the new arena seems a likely point of negotiation. I'd also like to point out that the Grand Canyon University Arena, an originally 5,000 seat basketball arena in Phoenix was open 15 months after the project was announced, then a later 2,000 seat expansion only took 5 months to complete, and from what I have heard the building only costed $40 Million.
      Yeah, but did any of that include everything you would need for the ice plant to keep the ice on the floor??
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        No one is collecting more players who have decommited or left a program than this org. Sounds like a great "all about the team" atmosphere
        Players going there for wrong reasons.
        They have to start somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          No one is collecting more players who have decommited or left a program than this org. Sounds like a great "all about the team" atmosphere
          Players going there for wrong reasons.
          So you've talked to the players and know their reasons for joining Arizona State, or are you simply assuming? Be careful about what you assume. For many, it could simply mean an opportunity to gain more ice time as opposed to being buried on the depth chart. I mean, if warm winter weather and some pretty girls are the main reasons for transfer, shouldn't they be lining up for Huntsville?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Desert Hockey Classic games are officially going to be at Gila River Arena in Glendale. As well as one game against the University of Arizona ACHA team and one game against the USDP U-18 team. The January 5th game against UConn will be at Oceanside Ice Arena.

Desert Hockey Classic first games will be ASU vs. Yale and Michigan Tech vs. UConn, followed by a consolation game and tournament final.

Also the Salary information for Greg Powers was released and he will apparently be making $250K per year for the next 5 years.
            Last edited by SunDevilBob; 08-05-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
              Desert Hockey Classic games are officially going to be at Gila River Arena in Glendale. As well as one game against the University of Arizona ACHA team and one game against the USDP U-18 team. The January 5th game against UConn will be at Oceanside Ice Arena.

Desert Hockey Classic first games will be ASU vs. Yale and Michigan Tech vs. UConn, followed by a consolation game and tournament final.

Also the Salary information for Greg Powers was released and he will apparently be making $250K per year for the next 5 years.
              Can finally look into booking hotels now!
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

https://twitter.com/SunDevilHockey/s...22874796339200

Could this be a hint of the conference they are going to join?
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  https://twitter.com/SunDevilHockey/s...22874796339200

Could this be a hint of the conference they are going to join?
                  Interesting.
                  Last edited by 4four4; 08-05-2015, 08:01 PM.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

That would still be an absolute shocker to me if they joined the big ten.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I would be stunned if this happens.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

That tweet says "BIG games coming in 2016-17." I doubt it's meant to be a hint at B1G games. Maybe one or two Big Ten opponents. But not a hint of a league choice. Arizona has stated they will play an independent schedule in 2016-17 and join a league in 2017-18. They could've chosen to accelerate that, but I doubt it.

Comment

they won't be joining the WCHA neither (would require them to fork out travel subsidies), so that kind of narrows it down.
                          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Amen.

To me, too.

I've spoken my piece on why I think the Big 10 never adds a hockey affiliate, earlier in this thread:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6046932

My opinion has not changed.

Comment

If this was the world's least veiled hint, I would have to guess this would just be a contract to play rather than any kind of membership.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Delaney was ask this question at the B1G media days last week....along the lines of affiliate members like Johns Hopkins in lacrosse. He said they are willing to take each instance on its own, especially in cases where the school is located in markets where BTN is carried and there is a large B1G alumni population.

Well, BTN is carried in metro Phoenix and there might be more B1G alumni here than PAC12 alumni.........it at least seems that way.

ASU would easily draw 2-3K fans from Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State to games out here, maybe more. OSU would be the only outlier......and you would get a decent Buckeye turnout if their team had a pulse.

They won't get that from CC or Denver or St Cloud or Omaha......UND would be the only NCHC team that would bring in significant outside fans.

Also, If they are paying their first year coach 250K....I don't think they are too worried about travel costs and staying close to the Colorado schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X