Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I'm going to go on record and predict a UConn tournament win. ASU is just starting out, and the Yale and MTU players' heads will have exploded the minute they get off the bus and see the ASU co-eds.
    The Tech bus for sure will look like that dude from Scanners.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      and the co-eds clothing. or rather the lack of. my god, those girls go to class in bikinis.
      clearly they're going to have to go early to acclimate.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        and the co-eds clothing. or rather the lack of. my god, those girls go to class in bikinis.
        Hey man... it's hot in September.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Does anyone know where the Desert Hockey Classic will be played? Trying to determine where to get a hotel room so I can walk to the games.

Comment

It was originally thought to be in Glendale for sure, but with the latest Glendale City/Coyotes Arena fight.......who knows now.
            It won't be at Oceanside I can assure you of that ...LOL. No D1 team would agree to play in that dump(I know they have cleaned it up, but its still a dump by D1 standards)
            The only other venue that could host it would be downtown at the newly named Talking Stick Resort Arena(US Airways Center).
            I think ASU for now should play downtown anyway. The arena only has bad hockey seats once you get more than 11,000 in there, which ASU won't get. It is right by the downtown campus and is a short, cheap light rail ride from the Tempe campus.
            They won't get as many students to drive 30 miles out to Glendale

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              Does anyone know where the Desert Hockey Classic will be played? Trying to determine where to get a hotel room so I can walk to the games.
              If it's Gila River, there are Marriotts across the street.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Was looking into hotels as well, too bad we don't know where it is.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

UConn will apparently come down to Arizona a bit early before the Desert Hockey Classic playing a game against ASU on Jan. 5

Comment

ASU will have an NHL prospect (assuming he isn't pushed to go somewhere else) in Joey Daccord who was drafted in the 7th round by Ottawa.

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer post about ASU http://www.withoutapeer.com/2015/07/...ona-state.html

I have no connection to WaP besides being a reader.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any word on location of the Desert Hockey Classic yet?
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I have not heard anything on this, although I had more contacts over at Oceanside when my son was still playing travel hockey there.....my guess would be Gila River though.

1) The Coyotes/Glendale arena stuff will be tied up in court for at least this year, so I'd bet the Coyotes will be there this year, which means........
                          2) There will be ice already there, whereas downtown would need to fire up the compressors and lay ice down as nobody has played there since the ECHL Roadrunners folded a number of years ago.

I'd say its 80% Glendale and 20% downtown.......

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                            I have not heard anything on this, although I had more contacts over at Oceanside when my son was still playing travel hockey there.....my guess would be Gila River though.

1) The Coyotes/Glendale arena stuff will be tied up in court for at least this year, so I'd bet the Coyotes will be there this year, which means........
                            2) There will be ice already there, whereas downtown would need to fire up the compressors and lay ice down as nobody has played there since the ECHL Roadrunners folded a number of years ago.

I'd say its 80% Glendale and 20% downtown.......
                            Yep, unless the Coyotes decide to abandon Gila River this season or the court case comes to a close before the tournament it will almost 100% be in Glendale. Only other possibility that leads the tournament elsewhere would be if the Coyotes stay in Glendale but aren't running the arena.

In other news ASU picked up a transfer from UMASS-Lowell in Dylan Hollman. He will play starting in the 2016-2017 season.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                              ...my guess would be Gila River though.
                              I hope so. Easier for me to drive to Glendale, plus I have never seen a game at the arena. Been in the stadium several times, but never made it to......how long has it NOT been Jobing.com arena.

When can we expect the first round match ups to be announced?

Comment

Another transfer coming in apparently, Wade Murphy from North Dakota. Also adds a 2nd NHL prospect to the team as he was drafted by the Predators in the 7th round of the 2013 Draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X