X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    C'mon, Bulldog fans. I shouldn't be posting this, you should:

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...283289881.html

Pretty interesting weekend coming up on a lot of levels--for both these teams.
    I feel like I read this same story last time they played. Plus Willie Corrin is Blais' nephew.

Should be a good series and hopefully UMD doesn't have a let down from two huge weekends. I'll laugh if they're still going with "play like it's Saturday" bit. It's worked so well so far.

I just feel like a split is coming but it would be oh so nice to finish NOVEMBER unbeaten.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: Umd @ u-n-o

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I feel like I read this same story last time they played. Plus Willie Corrin is Blais' nephew.

Should be a good series and hopefully UMD doesn't have a let down from two huge weekends. I'll laugh if they're still going with "play like it's Saturday" bit. It's worked so well so far.

I just feel like a split is coming but it would be oh so nice to finish NOVEMBER unbeaten.
      There are so many unknowns as yet as far as UNO is concerned that I could envision just about any potential outcome to the weekend you could think of becoming reality. Bad opponents or not, we just finished up a 5-0-1 road trip, though. No matter what we do or don't have this year, that holds some significance with me. That said, I'd be VERY happy with a split this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
        There are so many unknowns as yet as far as UNO is concerned that I could envision just about any potential outcome to the weekend you could think of becoming reality. Bad opponents or not, we just finished up a 5-0-1 road trip, though. No matter what we do or don't have this year, that holds some significance with me. That said, I'd be VERY happy with a split this weekend.
        For how much you hate how many seats your new rink has...man it looks like so many empty seats in your current one. When you have a new program your attendance will be higher than average. It's not likely it will sustain that high average. New rink is just right
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

looks like the sheep just separated themselves from the goats. I'm surprised we got ahead 2-0.
          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

I think tonight was classic example of veteran team comes back and beats very, very young team.

If there is such a thing as a "good" loss this might be one. Yeah, they let one get away but, I hope they learned that when you have your foot firmly implanted on your opponent's throat you don't let off to reset it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              For how much you hate how many seats your new rink has...man it looks like so many empty seats in your current one. When you have a new program your attendance will be higher than average. It's not likely it will sustain that high average. New rink is just right
              Don't forget the the Clink seats 17,100 for hockey (no matter what you read on other web sites, including the school's).

7,194 at the game. For a Friday night at home before Christmas that isn't bad. UNO has never drawn very well, pre-holidays after moving to the Qwest/Clink. Unless Husker football is in the way, Saturday nights almost always outdraw Fridays, too. Husker and Gophers are 11:00 A.M. tomorrow so UNO attendance shouldn't be affected by it. The football game will be long over by 7:07 tomorrow night.

Comment

Interesting weekend, to say the least.

UNO could have easily swept this series (they didn't, I know). I loved the commentary by senior goaltender Ryan Massa last night in the press after we blew a two goal lead in the 3rd with around 10 minutes left last night and UNO lost in regulation. He basically called it a fluke without using those exact words.

I don't really know how good UMD is, or, isn't. They swept the Gophers last weekend so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. What I do know is they did not appear to be manifestly better than UNO, despite outshooting us this weekend 76-44 and losing in what must have been an enormously frustrating for them effort at 40-18 tonight.

What I saw out of us this weekend was a team that looked very talented and is trying to learn to play together with so many new guys and it was enormously satisfying to see us turn the tables on Coach Blais coached teams normal modus operandi and get massively outshot and win for change, like tonight.

IMHO, this was easily Ryan Massa's finest game in goal as a UNO Maverick. Screw any of his shutouts. And, UNO looked to easily have the best player on the ice tonight, by a ton, in Austin Ortega (who just missed scoring two other goals) the number 1 star of the game (easily).

UNO now owns wins over two different teams that have swept the then #1 team in the country, all with 11 freshmen that look like they are in a feeling out process with one another, still.

On to Grand Forks where we have always played well (perhaps since every game we have ever played against them there has been with their former head coach at the helm?).

The glass looks VERY half full.
                Last edited by Red Cows; 11-22-2014, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Re: U m d @ u n o

I'm surprised they were able to win Friday given how well Massa was playing. Through the first two periods then I felt the same as i did all Saturday night with Massa. He is playing incredibilty well right now and UMD just couldn't score. Disapointing that we lost a game in November but this team is in a good position. One of the toughest schedules in the country, 9-5 and high in the early early pairwise. Split on the road...sweep at home. A week off is going to help some of our injured players heal up before hosting CC and visiting Michigan Tech. That being said CC in two weeks is a must sweep.

I'm still not sold on UNO because of their youth and their classic late season collapse that is oh so common at this point. Blais is a good coach and it's probably the difference on how he's able to keep a young UNO team focused and playing well. Oh and Massa with his .95% save percentage is helpful too.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Biddy did you make it down?

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                      Biddy did you make it down?
                      No. Went last year and didn't feel the need to go again before the new rink opens. I did miss hanging out with Red Army who were very hospitable to us last time. Someday I'll make it down again but there are other trips I'd rather do (WMU, Miami, CC, DU).
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

You're welcome back any time.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                          You're welcome back any time.
                          Thank you. Pardon my forgetfulness but did we meet when I was there last year?
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

My Omaha family came back pretty disappointed after the game on Friday night. I'm glad you guys(UNO) salvaged a split or else I would have felt bad about the Gophers winning in Lincoln on Saturday and completely trashing their weekend.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              My Omaha family came back pretty disappointed after the game on Friday night. I'm glad you guys(UNO) salvaged a split or else I would have felt bad about the Gophers winning in Lincoln on Saturday and completely trashing their weekend.
                              Don't apologize! As a Husker fan, I know that every defeat moves us closer to my dream of going from Bo Pelini to No Pelini. I appreciate the Gophers effort in making it happen.

You may now return to hockey talk.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                Don't apologize! As a Husker fan, I know that every defeat moves us closer to my dream of going from Bo Pelini to No Pelini. I appreciate the Gophers effort in making it happen.

You may now return to hockey talk.
                                I am squarely anti-Pelini as well. I became militant about it, too, once the tape of him surfaced last season where he disparaged our entire fanbase. Since Eichorst and Perlman didn't rid us of him after that happened, I want them gone, too, since by retaining his services they de facto must agree with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X