Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    It's kinda cool that the WCHA, the conference where Ryan Lambert thinks the "W" stands for "Weaker," has the top matchup in college hockey this weekend. Now I just hope the Mavericks can live up to their end of the bargain, and make this entertaining.
    What can you say about this series? Something has to give. We're just as likely to see a 7-2 blowout as a 2-1 nail-biter. It was interesting to hear Mel say that the streak is putting pressure on the guys to keep winning. What a great problem to have. Here's to a kick-*** series against a worthy opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      Anybody can sweep Bemidji State.
      Except those who call our schedule weak...
      *Cough* UND.
      Hey Whioux said that?
      Ryan J
      Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-17-2014, 10:23 PM.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Maverick fans are good at sand bagging. we can play too.

our record in no way reflects the quality of the team. we've had weak opponents. lucky bounces. the refs like us.

actually we are just as scared of you as you are of us. we do have home ice... hope it helps!
        Haha, I really am worried for the Mavs, I really do think Tech is the real deal and can take us to task. All Tech really needs to do is try to score in the last 2 minutes of any period, the Mavs seem to stop playing during that time!

Comment

The only way this series could disappoint is if the refs decide to become the main attraction. If both teams stay out of penalty trouble it ought to be very entertaining.

Comment

Looking forward to this weekend already. I'm guessing its a split, and I'd be happy with that. Mankato is a very good team, and a split with them would be ok. If Tech does manage to sweep.....I don't know when they'll lose, maybe @NMU?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Looking forward to this weekend already. I'm guessing its a split, and I'd be happy with that. Mankato is a very good team, and a split with them would be ok. If Tech does manage to sweep.....I don't know when they'll lose, maybe @NMU?
              Well it sure wouldn't be Wisconsin.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this series. Still trying to decide if I should attend one of these games. I'll only be about 90 minutes away but I have to get up at 5am the following mornings to head out to the deer stand.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I'm really looking forward to this series. Still trying to decide if I should attend one of these games. I'll only be about 90 minutes away but I have to get up at 5am the following mornings to head out to the deer stand.
                  90 miles away and still thinking about it? Did some gopher fan clip your testicles? Come on!

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                    90 miles away and still thinking about it? Did some gopher fan clip your testicles? Come on!
                    Well it cuts into quality time with my dad and like I said, have to get up early for deer hunting and my body doesn't handle lack of sleep very well anymore.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Well it cuts into quality time with my dad and like I said, have to get up early for deer hunting and my body doesn't handle lack of sleep very well anymore.
                      Take Dad to the game. Problem solved! Usually when I hunt(ed) the first few hours were spent dozing off and sobering up. So hey, who am I to criticize responsible grown up behavior?

If you want tickets you better get them now, otherwise you'll be standing.

Comment

Less than 48 hours to puck drop - Minister Mel with some words for the fans. tMel has spoken, so shall it be.
                        http://youtu.be/aZvx-ioyyhY?t=4m50s

Ryan J

Comment

It's a **** shame that these games won't be televised. If there was a squeakball matchup this important, you can bet TV would be all over it.
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

This is the type of game NBC Sports should be covering for college hockey. Instead we get, what a shock.... yet another golden domers Notre Dame game.
                            Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                              It's a **** shame that these games won't be televised. If there was a squeakball matchup this important, you can bet TV would be all over it.
                              It's two small schools in a regional sport. No one else is going to care about it. That's why it's not on TV.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                It's two small schools in a regional sport. No one else is going to care about it. That's why it's not on TV.
                                regardless of how small they are, it is a battle of top ten teams in the country as of today...

Comment

Working...
                                X