Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

First team to score wins that game. Applies both nights.

Comment

Live Blog 11/21 Michigan Tech vs. Minnesota State

Comment

So the Mavs won a low-scoring first game. Not what we thought.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Impressed with MSU, thought we did not play with enough urgency tonight until we got down.
          Still a good effort, but not as fluid on the passing as the first 10 games.
          Kero and Petan were very good tonight.
          Sturos was big and Gould looked comfortable with Kero and Petan.
          Phillips was amazing. Mankato ran him twice and slashed and hacked him all night.
          I think Tech will come out tomorrow very motivated by the result tonight.
          I liked all the line combos, but we might need Auk on D tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            Impressed with MSU, thought we did not play with enough urgency tonight until we got down.
            Still a good effort, but not as fluid on the passing as the first 10 games.
            Kero and Petan were very good tonight.
            Sturos was big and Gould looked comfortable with Kero and Petan.
            Phillips was amazing. Mankato ran him twice and slashed and hacked him all night.
            I think Tech will come out tomorrow very motivated by the result tonight.
            I liked all the line combos, but we might need Auk on D tomorrow night.
            Not sure about hacking, but the Mavericks were great at attacking the net tonight. Phillipe kept Tech in it for awhile, and Williams was fantastic when he needed to be. HUGE win.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

When was the last time the mavericks beat a number one ranked team?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                When was the last time the mavericks beat a number one ranked team?
                Not 100% sure, but I thought the Gophers were #1 in January, 2013 when we beat them at Mariucci. The score? 2-1 on a late third period goal. The goaltender who withstood a withering last minute attack? Stephon Williams.

Of course, and I say this not to be a downer, but as a reminder - We got whipped by the Gophers the next night.
                Last edited by purpleinnebraska; 11-21-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  Not 100% sure, but I thought the Gophers were #1 in January, 2013 when we beat them at Mariucci. The score? 2-1 on a late third period goal. The goaltender who withstood a withering last minute attack? Stephon Williams.

Of course, and I say this not to be a downer, but as a reminder - We got whipped by the Gophers the next night.
                  Correct. Last victory over a #1 rated team was January 25, 2013 at Mariucci Arena against Minnesota. I remember watching this on Big Ten Network actually.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Even though it doesn't mean anything right now, it is still pretty awesome to #1 in the PWR rankings!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                      Even though it doesn't mean anything right now, it is still pretty awesome to #1 in the PWR rankings!
                      I believe this is a first for our program. It's fun for the fans, but doesn't mean much with so much hockey left. Now I'm hoping for a sweep over a #1, which would also be a first. I expect another tight game tonight.

Comment

MSU is by far the best team we've played. You can't give them the chances because they burn you. Could have been worse without Phillips. Now a win and MSU can go away!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          I like this idea . . . and hopefully the Huskies will follow precedent . . . but I'm guessing MSU will show up again tonight. Go Huskies!

Comment

Nice game and win from the Mavs last night! I'm fully prepared for a sweep tonight... but hopefully that won't happen!
                            Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Live Blog 11/22 Michigan Tech vs. Minnesota State

Comment

How long until pairwise figures out the new WCHA is the AHA west of the Mississippi?
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X