X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The League Of Anarchy Is A Bunch Of Justified Mad Men

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And Maize, all the proof you need your point is wrong is Kepler agrees with you. His taste in TV is legendary for sucking
    Still waiting to see a positive review for that episode(beyond Entertainment Weekly, which, come on).
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Catching up from the last few weeks.

Watched the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead last night (a week late). The ending was a bit surprising, and a bit disappointing. I don't mind losing a main character, but it seems pointless to lose one that they've just spent 2 seasons actually giving substance to. Not sure what the reasoning is there, other than pure shock value.

My wife was chatting with a friend after it, and they both seem to think that it wasn't Dawn that did it. Wife's friend claimed that the entry wound was on the forehead, and the gun was under the chin, and that right before Daryll put Dawn's lights out Dawn mouthed "It wasn't me". I haven't found anything to corroborate this, and we had deleted the DVR by then. Anyone else see, or hear anything along these lines? Personally, I think it is a bit outlandish.
      It was Dawn, but she was using Lee Harvey Oswald's magic bullet that defies the laws of physics.

Those of us who follow the show behind the scenes knew this was coming (Kinney was not on set at all for the rest of the season) but it was done horribly. A lot of people were expecting it to be poorly written when they saw the script writer for this episode. Many fans already wanted her fired before this. It was so contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        They both enjoy hating on things that are popular.
        One bad review of The Dark Knight 6 years ago and people are still butthurt about it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          One bad review of The Dark Knight 6 years ago and people are still butthurt about it.
          I really think it has more to do with the horrible television shows (especially reality and teen-focused junk) that you've admitted to watching over the years.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            Never actually watched the original. I know, I know. Have to get around to it one of these days.
            This will be a good opportunity.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by st. Clown View Post
              i really think it has more to do with the horrible television shows (especially reality and teen-focused junk) that you've admitted to watching over the years.
              Bingo!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I really think it has more to do with the horrible television shows (especially reality and teen-focused junk) that you've admitted to watching over the years.
                OK, that makes more sense, but in my defense that's strictly domestic maintenance. Some husbands tolerate Hummel figurines. I watch Survivor. And you know what they say: "if you can't get out of it..."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  OK, that makes more sense, but in my defense that's strictly domestic maintenance. Some husbands tolerate Hummel figurines. I watch Survivor. And you know what they say: "if you can't get out of it..."
                  It is amazing how easy it is to get sucked into all that crap my wife loves to watch just sitting through an episode or 2...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The 30 for 30s for Randy Moss and The Boz are friggin awesome!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      The 30 for 30s for Randy Moss and The Boz are friggin awesome!
                      Really wanna see the Moss one. The Boz one that good? I've seen a handful of the 30 For 30s, some were awesome (Henry Hill, Oakland Raiders, Greg LeMond), some were meh.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Boz one is really great. I mean he is open and honest about the mistakes he made and how he was the one who screwed up (outside the book) and really cost himself and his career. The parts with his son are very heart wrenching...

The Randy one is really good and sheds a lot of light on who he was but it still has Randy kind of blaming everyone but himself at points.

Both are streaming on Netflix.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 12-09-2014, 11:18 PM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Really wanna see the Moss one. The Boz one that good? I've seen a handful of the 30 For 30s, some were awesome (Henry Hill, Oakland Raiders, Greg LeMond), some were meh.
                          The Moss one is great. Definitely worth it.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            The Moss one is great. Definitely worth it.
                            Thanks. It wasn't streaming the last time I checked Netflix, was disappointed. If you guys haven't, I really recommend the LeMond one. Having met the guy...real deal.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Huh.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Thanks. It wasn't streaming the last time I checked Netflix, was disappointed. If you guys haven't, I really recommend the LeMond one. Having met the guy...real deal.
                                I'd recommend two of the soccer ones. The Two Escobars is really good. Hillsborough was good but I've been able to watch it once. It's a hard subject.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X