Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Re: TV: The League Of Anarchy Is A Bunch Of Justified Mad Men

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      The Newsroom....

I knew we were approaching the end game... But sweet merciful crap
      You had to figure the Jim and Maggie scenario would happen before the end, but the Charlie piece wasn't expected.

Also, Aaron Sorkin deserves all the applauds there are for putting out there the dangers the internet creates in getting information into that ever loving ether without any sort of vetting process. It can't be said enough about the dangers of mob rule that the internet creates.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Is there some type of penalty for false advertising for TV programs? Discovery owes me something for two hours of my life. You can't name it Eaten Alive and call it quits before the snake even makes it past the crown of the head.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Is there some type of penalty for false advertising for TV programs? Discovery owes me something for two hours of my life. You can't name it Eaten Alive and call it quits before the snake even makes it past the crown of the head.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXtWxhlsUg
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            The Newsroom....

I knew we were approaching the end game... But sweet merciful crap
            The Newsroom has always been terrible, but good Lord, that may have been the ****tiest hour of television ever produced.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              No, you deserve it for watching in the first place...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                The Newsroom has always been terrible, but good Lord, that may have been the ****tiest hour of television ever produced.
                If you believe it to be "the ****tiest hour of televen ever produced", why are you watching it?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Gave the pilot episode for State of Affairs a shot this weekend. My reaction was identical to my wife's: It's got Katherine Heigl in it, but what the hell?

It's the story of desk jockeys in the CIA, but they're also super bad a** agents. The love angle of Katherine Heigl being engaged to the President's son is way to heavy handed.

I wasn't expecting a Sorkin-esque copy of the West Wing involving the CIA, but they certainly could have used similar subtleties.

I may give the second episode a try. But this isn't a show I need to get caught up on.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Gave the pilot episode for State of Affairs a shot this weekend. My reaction was identical to my wife's: It's got Katherine Heigl in it, but what the hell?

It's the story of desk jockeys in the CIA, but they're also super bad a** agents. The love angle of Katherine Heigl being engaged to the President's son is way to heavy handed.

I wasn't expecting a Sorkin-esque copy of the West Wing involving the CIA, but they certainly could have used similar subtleties.

I may give the second episode a try. But this isn't a show I need to get caught up on.
                    You pretty much nailed it. It probably won't get much better. It's filler for me until Black List comes back. I wonder where it will go then?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: TV: The League Of Anarchy Is A Bunch Of Justified Mad Men

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      If you believe it to be "the ****tiest hour of televen ever produced", why are you watching it?
                      Basically to finish it at this point. Charlie's death did elicit a genuine laugh from me though.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Because he is a hipster who hates everything people actually enjoy. He is like super smart and edgy didnt you know!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You had to figure the Jim and Maggie scenario would happen before the end, but the Charlie piece wasn't expected.

Also, Aaron Sorkin deserves all the applauds there are for putting out there the dangers the internet creates in getting information into that ever loving ether without any sort of vetting process. It can't be said enough about the dangers of mob rule that the internet creates.
                          Yup...I thought the episode was great including the jail parts.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Two things about The Newsroom:

1. I was obviously distracted and not paying attention but I didn't realize that the guy in Will's cell was not real.

2. The girl that played Mary, the Princeton rape victim, also plays Julia Louis-Dreyfus' daughter in Veep and is KIEFER SUTHERLAND'S DAUGHTER!!! How did I not know that? The Kiefer part....I know she's on Veep.

OK, I lied, there's more....

3. I had a feeling something was going to happen to Charlie early on. He seemed totally over the top. I'm sad to see him go.

4. Does Neal get to come back?

While not Sorkin's best work, I do like this show and it's much better this season than last, Watertown mis pronounciation notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Two things about The Newsroom:

1. I was obviously distracted and not paying attention but I didn't realize that the guy in Will's cell was not real.
                              When the Will's cellmate started talking I thought it was immediately obvious that there was something off about the situation. At first I thought the jail put someone in his cell that they knew would annoy Will, then I started thinking that he was actually an FBI agent because the questions he asked weren't lining up with the original personality he displayed earlier. I did not expect it was Will having a mental breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Because he is a hipster who hates everything people actually enjoy.
                                Find me a positive review of last night's show.

Comment

Working...
                                X