X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The League Of Anarchy Is A Bunch Of Justified Mad Men

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I watched part of it and liked it. I'm a Kristen Schaal fan so I may be biased.
    My wife hated the stereotype woman they chose to portray and I just looked at her like...and you think the guy who just becomes a drunken slob is a great stereotype for the guy? I laugh at it, she takes offense...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      My wife hated the stereotype woman they chose to portray and I just looked at her like...and you think the guy who just becomes a drunken slob is a great stereotype for the guy? I laugh at it, she takes offense...
      The guy is pretty much a live action Homer Simpson.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The guy is pretty much a live action Homer Simpson.
        Yeah, I just don't get how someone can look at a comedy and get upset about stereotypes being used in a female character and then not notice how stereotypical the male character is...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Yeah, I just don't get how someone can look at a comedy and get upset about stereotypes being used in a female character and then not notice how stereotypical the male character is...
          Clearly she has a soft spot for drunken slobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            Clearly she has a soft spot for drunken slobs.
            I'm not gonna like that I related to the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Up through 7 HoC. I am going to avoid this thread until I finish but man, the writing is uneven. It's like they're alternating between an excellent writer and a terrible one.
              Agreed. I'm through 6 right now and it's been very hit or miss. Heard from a friend that the final four episodes are great and that you need to watch them all back to back.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Sharknado3 - President and VP have been cast. We're watching!!!
                http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-sharknado-3/
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  So anyone watch last man on earth? or been keeping up with Backstrom. I think I got my wife into Backstrom, so thats good. I think she hated last man on earth, but I think I'll give it another go next weekend.
                  I loved and hated it. I am hooked after two episodes.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Question.. was I just implying that Chuck was Jimmy's brother? I seem to remember it being confirmed but others I know all claim otherwise until tonight's episode.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Season 3 finale of House of Cards. Wow. Just...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Agreed. I'm through 6 right now and it's been very hit or miss. Heard from a friend that the final four episodes are great and that you need to watch them all back to back.
                        Up through E10. I like it. The guy who plays Petrov is excellent, IMO.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Question.. was I just implying that Chuck was Jimmy's brother? I seem to remember it being confirmed but others I know all claim otherwise until tonight's episode.
                          I thought it was pretty obvious that they were brothers. Unless they just both happen to be named McGill and that scene of Chuck getting Jimmy out of jail was a hallucination.

Seriously though, Better Call Saul is soooooo much better than I thought it would be.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            Season 3 finale of House of Cards. Wow. Just...wow.
                            Found the last few episodes disappointing. Wanted more legislative/political action, less emotional/personal stuff.

That and Clair is becoming the Skylar White of the series, without any excuse for becoming one since most of what she wanted fell in her lap.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Found the last few episodes disappointing. Wanted more legislative/political action, less emotional/personal stuff.

That and Clair is becoming the Skylar White of the series, without any excuse for becoming one since most of what she wanted fell in her lap.
                              Finished House Of Cards. The final 3 eps should be binge-watched, and although solid, this season foreshadowed so much, it lost its spontaneity, which is what made HoC so great in the first place. The best moments were during the dealings with the Russians, IMO. I hope that S3 was just re-finding the series' legs, as this season was originally unplanned.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Great ep of The Americans this week.

Justified was also solid. Love Ava's actions. It was her only play.

Comment

Working...
                                X