2014-15 College Football Part II: SEC vs World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-15 College Football Part II: SEC vs World

This all reminds me of the D-I hockey selections before the PWR.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Another point I'm seeing brought up:

The committee went with tOSU because they have the following/tradition/better ratings... If that's the case (I don't buy that line of thinking personally), why not go for TCU... They can then say that the "Little Guy" can make it in this system... Boise/TCU would have never gotten this in the old system... Why not play that card if you have it in your hand?
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Big 12 Commissioner is talking himself in circles.

First he said he wasn't in the room when it was decided that TCU and Baylor would be declared co-champs. Really? The conference commissioner wasn't in the room for a decision that important on the conference's biggest sport?

Then he said he misspoke on media day about "one true champion." Sir, c'mon, don't call us stupid. Your conference put up an entire marketing campaign around what you said, if you misspoke you never would've have allowed that to become the slogan of the league.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          This all reminds me of the D-I hockey selections before the PWR.
          And we learned over time to only consider the final ranking, right? Right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Well, at least we agree on one thing. Given that the committee apparently didn't take into consideration several different key factors until the final ranking...why have the weekly rankings in the first place?
            Sellin' clicks, my friend. And we're all lab rats in there pressing the button....
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Sugar Bowl
              #1 Alabama vs. #4 Ohio State

Rose Bowl
              #2 Oregon vs. #3 Florida State

Pretty much what everyone thought.
              I wonder how much of a cluster******** there would have been if Missouri had somehow squeaked by Alabama? That would put Baylor and TCU in the conversation, along with a 2 loss SEC champ in Missouri that didn't exactly win convincingly, a 2 loss Alabama, and you could have arguments for a few other squads as well. For those of us wanting Chaos so that they're more likely to expand the playoffs, that would have been ideal. Darn pity it didn't.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I agree with OSU being in, but FSU should be swapped out I don't care about their being undefeated and defending champs. I just don't understand how you justify OSU in and not TCU/Baylor over FSU.

Comment

people might not want to believe it but sec gets shut out if bama lost yesterday.

as for fsu...leave them out entirely? please. at least they played ok state, florida, nd non conference. not great teams but baylor's non conference was an absolute joke. no point in doing any of this if a team like fsu is left out entirely.

Comment

Yeah, well, that's just your opinion, man.

Comment

They're not shutting out an undefeated P5 conference champion, regardless of last year/margin of victory/etc.

Thinking they would is utter idiocy.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I agree with OSU being in, but FSU should be swapped out I don't care about their being undefeated and defending champs. I just don't understand how you justify OSU in and not TCU/Baylor over FSU.
                        People here know how I feel about the Criminoles, but if you go undefeated in a Power 5 conference, the ONLY way you don't get in is if there are undefeated champions in all 5 of the power conferences.

At the end of the day, I'm fine with the 4 teams that got in. There is certainly a strong argument for each of Ohio State, Baylor, and TCU. At least all of the teams in consideration were champions of their conference...even both of the One True Co-Champions.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Holy ****. This year is going to have some epic match ups.

Peach is Ole Miss and TCU.
                          Orange is miss St and Georgia Tech
                          Fiesta us Boise and Arizona
                          Cotton is MSU vs Baylor
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            And we learned over time to only consider the final ranking, right? Right?
                            Well, in D-III they never release the final ranking.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hahahaha. Omfg. The committee jokingly discussed making a decision facto big 12 championship game by putting TCU and Baylor in the Cotton Bowl.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not really sure how MS St jumps three spots over MSU without playing... but I don't really care. Orange vs GaTech and Cotton vs Baylor is about the same to me, plus it's another game for the coaching staff to try to figure out a high powered offense before next year when we have to play Oregon and OSU again. GaTech would've just been preparing for Air Force.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X