This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part IX - How Lame is my Duck

It would be a nightmare to try to force everyone to vote. I suppose you could hit them with a penalty the way you do for not buying health insurance, if we want to be that heavy-handed again. But apart from a financial penalty, I don't see how you force folks to vote who, for a variety of reasons, don't want to.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      It just occurred to me that the Soviet Union had a 90% voting rate. Draw your own conclusions.
      The Fascist Dictatorship in Australia has mandated voting. Look at how it has destroyed that country.

Comment

Originally posted by bob gray View Post
        obama got it mandated you have to buy health care. Now he's interested in mandating that you vote. What's next for this guy to mandate for people? the party of reaching into your lives in every aspect they can is at it again.

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          The Fascist Dictatorship in Australia has mandated voting. Look at how it has destroyed that country.
          That's because the sun is in the North. They get sunburned on the other side of their bodies.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            With this President, who knows, he could try something like that. You heard it here first from Rover.

Seems like you're back to your usual feisty partisan self. For a little while your postings were unexpectedly balanced and reasonable. But we're back to our regular programming.
            He must be campaigning to defend PotY.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Those newborn twins took the edge off a little bit as I hadn't slept in 2 months. As they're sleeping longer I'M BACK BABY!
              Congrats Rover, that's awesome. The best time & energy investment you'll ever make. Trouble is it's a long-term thing, it takes 6 or 8 years before you can profitably put them to work in the salt mines.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Congrats Rover, that's awesome. The best time & energy investment you'll ever make. Trouble is it's a long-term thing, it takes 6 or 8 years before you can profitably put them to work in the salt mines.
                Will the union contracts he supports allow that?

Comment

Bob, Clown, geezer - thanks guys! It was a long, looong time coming for us especially nerve wracking after we hit 40. Really the last thing I wanted to accomplish, so despite the lack of sleep and draining of funds its been great. Having kids forces you to assess things differently but I do believe they'll end up doing better than me, and will be well able to manage things with their peers in their own generation once mine departs from the scene.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    It presents too much potential for people sour at the system casting a "poison" vote.
                    That's relevant. It does put a hurdle so someone has to care to vote.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Do we have anyone from NH around here? This week in Republicans.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

Fourth graders from Lincoln Akerman School in Hampton Falls received a warm welcome at the State House last Thursday. They and their teacher, James Cutting, were guests in the Gallery.

That reception quickly turned chilly as students got a glimpse of the cold, harsh realities of politics in the Granite State.

The idea seemed pretty straightforward. The fourth-grade class, made up of 9-and-10-year-olds from the Southeast corner of the state, worked on a proposal to make the Red Tail Hawk the official State Raptor of New Hampshire. The kids and their teacher brought their proposal to the state capitol, and it was approved by the Environment and Agriculture Committee.

But as the report from NH1.com’s Shari Small makes clear, on the floor of the state House, the children ran into unexpectedly fierce Republican opposition. The kids heard one GOP lawmaker argue, for example, in reference to the Red Tail Hawk, “It grasps them with its talons then uses its razor sharp beak to basically tear it apart limb by limb, and I guess the shame about making this a state bird is it would serve as a much better mascot for Planned Parenthood.”

Those comments, from state Rep. Warren Groen (R), were apparently the harshest of the debate, but he wasn’t alone. In fact, the Republican-led New Hampshire state House killed the proposal from the 4th graders on a 133-to-160 vote.
                      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-19-2015, 04:39 PM.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If Obama forces everyone to vote, would he then support people identifying themselves with a valid ID to keep track of who has voted or who has not? But, hey, why should I expect him to make sense?
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                          If Obama forces everyone to vote, would he then support people identifying themselves with a valid ID to keep track of who has voted or who has not? But, hey, why should I expect him to make sense?
                          He'll blow the trumpet and the dead shall be raised incorruptible.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            He'll blow the trumpet and the dead shall be raised incorruptible.
                            And we shall be charged. Haw, haw, haw...

This joke brought to you by the conservative sense of humor.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just want Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and the other territories, protdctorates, and wholly-owned subsidiaries to get legit voting rights. And in the case of American Samoa, become actual citizens.

LWT really opened my eyes on that one.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I just want Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and the other territories, protdctorates, and wholly-owned subsidiaries to get legit voting rights. And in the case of American Samoa, become actual citizens.

LWT really opened my eyes on that one.
                                My wife was born on Guam. You'd be amazed (or not) how small a percentage of people know that it's part of the US.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X