X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Term Part IX - How Lame is my Duck

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I doubt the point was that this program is a tremendous investment. More likely, it's that this program is hardly the egregious waste of tax payer money that the conservatives have been screaming about the last few years.
    Those goalposts are about to move so fast you won't be able to see them.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Those goalposts are about to move so fast you won't be able to see them.
      They should just cut the BS and move them to where they should have been all along: "we're ideologically opposed to the goals of this program".

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        They should just cut the BS and move them to where they should have been all along: "we're ideologically opposed to the goals of this program".
        Personally, I'm totally fine with the goals. Technologically and economically....very, very skeptical. If their internal projection is 1%, the truth is almost certainly a loss. Couching that a a big win and saying that shows that Republicans aren't smart is a bit of goalpost moving in its own right.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Personally, I'm totally fine with the goals. Technologically and economically....very, very skeptical. If their internal projection is 1%, the truth is almost certainly a loss. Couching that a a big win and saying that shows that Republicans aren't smart is a bit of goalpost moving in its own right.
          Yes, cause we all know the ROI on oil subsidies is much better public policy.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Scooby for the win! Well done.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

You will never ever see me defend those, so congrats on shooting down a target you taped to the muzzle of your own gun.

Comment

You will never ever see me defend those, so congrats on shooting down a target you taped to the muzzle of your own gun.
                Uh, no. I said Republicans were not smart. You disagreed with that. Which public policy side are the Republicans on?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Uh, no. I said Republicans were not smart. You disagreed with that. Which public policy side are the Republicans on?
                  You said that the internally projected 1.25% return over 20 years showed that Republicans are not smart. I caught you in the act, and now you're waving your arms and screaming a liberal equivalent of, "BENGHAZI!!!1!!1"

"They're not smart because A"
                  "Actually, A doesn't show that."
                  "Well, B!!!!!!!"
                  "I agree with you on B"
                  "See, I was right all along!"

Grow up.

Comment

You said that the internally projected 1.25% return over 20 years showed that Republicans are not smart. I caught you in the act, and now you're waving your arms and screaming a liberal equivalent of, "BENGHAZI!!!1!!1"

"They're not smart because A"
                    "Actually, A doesn't show that."
                    "Well, B!!!!!!!"
                    "I agree with you on B"
                    "See, I was right all along!"

Grow up.
                    LOL.

I posted the Republicans were stupid. I didnt say why I thought they were stupid. Now that I did I need to grow up?

Youre funny. Keep it up I needed a laugh today.

Comment

LOL.

I posted the Republicans were stupid. I didnt say why I thought they were stupid. Now that I did I need to grow up?

Youre funny. Keep it up I needed a laugh today.
                      My deepest, most sincere apologies. If I'd known you suffered from Tourette's and were prone to blurting out two things in the same post that you didn't actually see as connected, I would never have argued with you. I hope you get the help you need.

Comment

This is the lamest p !ssing contest I've ever seen out here since Walrus and Fishy got into an argument over which Yanni album was his best one. C'mon you two, you're both better than this!
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

A perfect summary of punditry, both the article and the comments.

My favorite:

Writing this column every so often used to be David Broder's job, but he died. Now it's Ron Fournier's job. One day, I suppose, it will devolve to Chuck Todd, or someone very much like Chuck Todd. In any event, rest assured: there will always be someone to write this column. It will never not be written. On the last day of Earth, amidst bombs or drifting toxic clouds or mutated survivors looking like Picasso drawings, or whatever dire fate and mischance await us all at the end, a man like this will be writing a column like this. It's kind of comforting, in its own way.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Can there be a Tea Party of the Left? A WaPo columnist thinks so.

Snarky comment: They picketed Sen. Landrieu's DC house because they could not find her house in LA.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's the age-old question: are you better off edging towards the center to snip off some of the other guy's votes, or hiking out to the fringe to inspire your base?

It was only ever a question when we assumed political opinion followed a normal distribution, but if political opinion is (as I suspect) multi-modal, with two crests on the solid left and solid right and a trough in the very center, then purity politics becomes obvious. And that's not even taking into account lofo voters who don't follow issues but are impressed by emotional things like "standing tall" or "seeming weak."
                              Last edited by Kepler; 11-18-2014, 09:23 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                It's the age-old question: are you better off edging towards the center to snip off some of the other guy's votes, or hiking out to the fringe to inspire your base?

It was only ever a question when we assumed political opinion followed a normal distribution, but if political opinion is (as I suspect) multi-modal, with two crests on the solid left and solid right and a trough in the very center, then purity politics becomes obvious. And that's not even taking into account lofo voters who don't follow issues but are impressed by emotional things like "standing tall" or "seeming weak."
                                Since the base votes in the primaries, You gotta show them the love in order to get to the general election. BUT everybody (well 40%) votes in the general and you have to attract the middle BUT you've staked out a position in the primary that is foreign to the middle.

What do you do? What do you do?

Eliminate the primary and go back to the smoke filled room to pick the best candidate to win in November.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X