Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Frankly, this is why you don't block the streets or jump out into traffic. The reports I heard from local sources paint a completely different story.

The protesters jumped out to block traffic and someone got hit. That's when the video starts.

I don't blame that poor guy for one second. That was a mob looking for blood. I would have gunned it far earlier.
    Driver was pulled over later, not ticketed nor arrested.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I heard something when I first tuned in that they may have self reported?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I heard something when I first tuned in that they may have self reported?
        KSTP chopper followed the car until it was pulled over. I know very little other than that. Once the protesters started smashing the windows of the car, I'd have done what the driver did at that point: GTFO.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Frankly, this is why you don't block the streets or jump out into traffic. The reports I heard from local sources paint a completely different story.

The protesters jumped out to block traffic and someone got hit. That's when the video starts.

I don't blame that poor guy for one second. That was a mob looking for blood. I would have gunned it far earlier.
          This is completely inaccurate. This video makes it quite clear that the driver of the car was the aggressor (leaving aside the stupidity of protesting in the street in the first place). Once the crowd is smashing his windows, well, he doesn't have much choice...but "poor guy"? Give me a break
          Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-25-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

The car had every right to inch forward. Was the driver going a little too fast? Yes. However, MOVE OUT OF THE GD WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The car had every right to inch forward.
              No, he really didn't. Sure, it's was illegal to be protesting in the street. But that does not give drivers license to use their cars as battering rams against them. I can't believe you honestly think that.

You know what you do? You do what the other drivers around him were doing, you go around and let the police deal with the illegal protesters.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                No, he really didn't. Sure, it's was illegal to be protesting in the street. But that does not give drivers license to use their cars as battering rams against them. I can't believe you honestly think that.

You know what you do? You do what the other drivers around him were doing, you go around and let the police deal with the illegal protesters.
                Kind of difficult to move around that crowd, watching that video. And yes, he has every right to inch forward. It becomes the law-breakers' responsibility to move out of the way.

There's probably a very good reason he was not arrested nor ticketed when he was pulled over soon afterwards.

Comment

Kind of difficult to move around that crowd, watching that video.
                  Watching the video, you see multiple other cars doing just that.

And yes, he has every right to inch forward. It becomes the law-breakers' responsibility to move out of the way.
                  Fascinating. Must have missed that little tid bit in drivers ed.
                  Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-25-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Perhaps there protesters should have figured out what some have. Don't play in the streets and you won't get ruin over.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, we still don't know why the guy went through the crowd. For all we know they were starting to throw rocks at him or jump on the car.
                      Code:

Comment

In fact, if you actually watch the video. People are jumping on the car before he even starts pushing through.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          Watching the video, you see multiple other cars doing just that.

Fascinating. Must have missed that little tid bit in drivers ed.
                          So you want the driver to break the law by driving on the other side of the street; in other words, yield to the law-breakers. Got it.

If I'm behind that wheel, not happening. I have the right to that road. The protesters don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            The car had every right to inch forward. Was the driver going a little too fast? Yes. However, MOVE OUT OF THE GD WAY.
                            Or, you know, you go at a reasonable, safe speed and not hit people with your car.

Blocking traffic is near the top of the list for non-violent protests. It's disruptive and an inconvenience but, outside of idiots like that driver, it doesn't really hurt anybody or, since this country is overly concerned about it instead of people being killed, any property. Stop getting worked up because people blocked the street, maybe be a little more concerned that a person decided to run their car into a large group of people.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Protesters have also blocked and slowed traffic in the Lincoln Tunnel yet, nobody has been run over hmmm...
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Or, you know, you go at a reasonable, safe speed and not hit people with your car.

Blocking traffic is near the top of the list for non-violent protests. It's disruptive and an inconvenience but, outside of idiots like that driver, it doesn't really hurt anybody or, since this country is overly concerned about it instead of people being killed, any property. Stop getting worked up because people blocked the street, maybe be a little more concerned that a person decided to run their car into a large group of people.
                                I already said that the driver should have gone slower. But I maintain him driving ahead was warranted, and if some idiot doesn't want to move, well, screw 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X