X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich university cadets 2014-2015

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Which of the options?
    Sorry. Meant the option of Div II teams being eligible for the Div III tourney. On the men's side, this wouldn't effect the national tourney much as none of the Div II teams are top-notch teams in their leagues. On the women's side, it would effect the ECAC East the most, although I can't see Holy Cross ever being allowed to compete for a Div III title.

I'm a little more optimistic than my friend Nate that eventually it will get done because hockey is such a unique case.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Coming back to current events, I notice while planning my weekend around the trip to Middlebury this coming Saturday that the scheduled start is 7 PM?

What's up with that? I'm going with that there is a Men's game already scheduled for the 3 pm start time slot? If not then who made the call and why. I understand NCAA put NU up in the Middlebury Inn and I hope they are allowing them to extend their allowed checkout so as to have a place to hang all of Saturday afternoon.

Anyone out there care to fill us in?

Comment

Originally posted by NU FAN View Post
        Coming back to current events, I notice while planning my weekend around the trip to Middlebury this coming Saturday that the scheduled start is 7 PM?

What's up with that? I'm going with that there is a Men's game already scheduled for the 3 pm start time slot? If not then who made the call and why. I understand NCAA put NU up in the Middlebury Inn and I hope they are allowing them to extend their allowed checkout so as to have a place to hang all of Saturday afternoon.

I'm with ya on the checkout time. 10 or an 11 A.M. checkout could make for a long day waiting for a 7PM start.

Comment

What's up with that? I'm going with that there is a Men's game already scheduled for the 3 pm start time slot? If not then who made the call and why. * * *
          Can't help you out with an answer, but the Middlebury men's team is done for the year. So no 3 pm game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjames View Post
            I'm with ya on the checkout time. 10 or an 11 A.M. checkout could make for a long day waiting for a 7PM start.
            With the Middlebury Men's program done for the season, what else could preempt an NCAA 1/4 final 3 pm game start? I wonder if the NU AD is aware of this?

What about the SID...

Comment

Wait.... the NCAA is putting the Norwich team up overnight in a hotel for a 7 pm game when the school is 90 minutes from the rink!!??? What an enormous waste of money.....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                Wait.... the NCAA is putting the Norwich team up overnight in a hotel for a 7 pm game when the school is 90 minutes from the rink!!??? What an enormous waste of money.....
                So with one sarcastic comment out of a couple of hundred reads later, it seems no one has much to add to the start time story, oh well. Truth be known, I hate driving at night which is why the 3 pm start would of worked for me. And now I see there's some weather coming on Saturday... damm you Mandigo.

Comment

With the Middlebury Men's program done for the season, what else could preempt an NCAA 1/4 final 3 pm game start? I wonder if the NU AD is aware of this?
                  Well, come to find out, the NU AD picked up the tab for the extended stay at the Middlebury Inn, thank you Tony.

But on to the real story du jour. I said this a few post back...

"The regular season match vs Middlebury could of gone either way and feel the same toward this one, except I feel we will win based on confidence gained from the EAST title win, and the resulting experience. And then you have Middlebury losing it's game last weekend. Of course that's just an opinion mind you."

Seems I was spot on, unlike the two USCHO folks, Matt and Candace, who said this in one of their recent prediction pieces...

"No. 4 Norwich at No. 5 Middlebury
                  Candace: The most interesting first-round game on tap, IMO. Both Vermont teams. Middlebury won a close one last month, and I think the Panthers do again. Middlebury 2-1
                  Matt: Very. Intriguing. Matchup. Two very similar teams with similar players and statistics. Does that all go out the window here and one team routs the other? Nah. I’ll say Middlebury, 3-2 in overtime with Jessica Young getting the winner."

My point is that CONFIDENCE is everything when everything else is more or less equal. Now, will that work again next weekend vs. Platty? Only time will tell but just getting there for this young team is enormous. Congrats to the NU Women's hockey team!

Comment

And for those of you that want to see the highlights of the NU vs Middlebury game on local TV, here is the link. The highlights start at about 1 minute...

http://www.wca*****/story/28522133/d...rnaments-begin

That was quite a save by Robert to keep them in the game!

Comment

Norwich will face Plattsburgh at 3:30pm in the semifinals on Friday, March 20. Elmira takes on Wis. River Falls at 7pm in the other semifinal.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Norwich will face Plattsburgh at 3:30pm in the semifinals on Friday, March 20. Elmira takes on Wis. River Falls at 7pm in the other semifinal.
                        Well, before we start a discussion on our next opponent across the lake, I think I'll take the day off and savor yesterdays victory but as a teaser.... nah.

Comment

So with one sarcastic comment out of a couple of hundred reads later, it seems no one has much to add to the start time story, oh well. Truth be known, I hate driving at night which is why the 3 pm start would of worked for me. And now I see there's some weather coming on Saturday... damm you Mandigo.
                          Norwich is in a hilly and remote region. Weather and challenging driving conditions can be a factor any time of the year.

Comment

Amazing game yesterday. These girls never gave up. A huge cheer to Celeste Robert for the gymnastics routine she gave in net yesterday! Amazing!!!! These girls were pushed, held, choked, bear hugged, tripped, smashed and outright taken down but they never gave up. Kept getting up and it paid off. Congrats girls! Women hockey players rock!

Comment

I'll keep all my opinions about the "lovely" drive to Middlebury.. over mountains to myself. So true, beautiful mountains in daytime. Not so beautiful in rain, sleet, fog and at night.
                              Bigger crowd than I expected. Terrific to see all the Norwich fans making the hike over the mountains. Girls have a couple of things to work on but one of them is not the ability to play hard and to the best of their ability. I do love all the hugging and celebration after each goal! Loved the excitement on the bench too! Just wish it could be a few more...my heart can't take those 1-2 goal difference. More goals only to save my heart. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by womanplayhockey View Post
                                I'll keep all my opinions about the "lovely" drive to Middlebury.. over mountains to myself. So true, beautiful mountains in daytime. Not so beautiful in rain, sleet, fog and at night.
                                Bigger crowd than I expected. Terrific to see all the Norwich fans making the hike over the mountains. Girls have a couple of things to work on but one of them is not the ability to play hard and to the best of their ability. I do love all the hugging and celebration after each goal! Loved the excitement on the bench too! Just wish it could be a few more...my heart can't take those 1-2 goal difference. More goals only to save my heart. :-)
                                That was a gut wrenching miserable experience sitting through that game, but I loved every minute of it. Easy to say after the team your rooting for wins. Been on the other end of those types of games where you just can't get one past the goalie. Thought Middlebury let off the gas peddle a bit in the second. It seemed to be the only time of the game where Norwich could break the puck out. It was a much closer game in defeat for Norwich in the regular season. The crowd and atmosphere at Kenyon on Saturday was about as good as it get's. It was deafening in the Norwich end for those last few minutes. What Robert did in net and the way Champayne capitalized on her opportunities is why hockey is such a great game. Controlling the game as Middlebury did in any other sport is 9 out 10 times a sure victory. I hope and expect Norwich's upperclassmen to (some of which have won a National Title) convey a message to these young freshmen that you have to seize this opportunity because in your short collegiate career you may never get back.

Comment

Working...
                                X