Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich university cadets 2014-2015

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    The Norwich games against Amherst and Bowdoin will be an interesting barometer on all three teams development. The Lord Jeffs have faced Hamilton, Wesleyan and Cortland in compiling their 5-0 start. I am sure they are anxious to see how they stack up against this season's Cadets. The Amherst-Norwich match up has provided some memorable clashes in recent seasons. The trip Downeast for the game Sunday is a challenging trip (240 miles). Bowdoin is off to a 2-0-2 start, with wins over arch rival Colby and ties with ECAC-East UMB and Holy Cross. The Polar Bears should benefit from having the roster up to full strength with the return to the ice of their fall sport participants.
    I hope to be at Kreitzberg for the game Friday, but a prior commitment means watching the stream on Sunday.

GO U BEARS!!!
    Two great wins for this team. Considering most of the NESCAC's spent the weekend beating up on the ECAC East. It was good to get hard fought wins over Amherst and Bowdoin. Puck movement for the Cadets looks vastly improved from 3 weeks ago. Good tape to tape passing on the breakout, puck possesion, cycling, it's a shame there off until Jan 9. Loren Carrier looked very poised an steady in net last night, especially finding rebounds and not allowing second chances. She had to be at her best because Bowdoin's goalie was also as good, very quick, kick saved a bunch of low corner shots that should have been goals. Now it's practice, finals, a little R&R, then two more tough games vs Utica and down to that beautiful rink at Elmira.

Comment

A big congrats to the NU Women's Hockey Team for an outstanding way to finish the schedule leading into the Xmas break, and a BIGGER congrats to the three ladies who swept the weekly ECAC EAST awards! You can see the story here... http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20141208c3psc1

And all of this was done without #12 Capt. Ms. Champagne, who was starring at the Rugby finals in Florida this past week.

But it doesn't get any easier after the break with Utica in town, and then off to Elmira. I think the team has matured and believe the outcome vs. the Soaring Eagles will be different this time.

Meanwhile, Happy Holidays to all.

Comment

Thought some of you might like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHdt...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by NU FAN View Post

Merry Christmas to NU!

Comment

Nice video. Looking at that snow covered campus makes me wish there was a game this weekend. Great hockey fans in that part of Vermont. It really shows in the attendance for the men and womens teams. I highly recommend anyone interested in a great weekend of hockey, you should head up to Kreitzberg for Jan 9 and 10.

Friday Jan 9 Women play Utica at 3:30 then the Norwich men (#2 in the country) play #5 UMass Boston #5 at 7:00.
            Sat Jan10 the Men play#3 Babson at 4:00.

The roof will be coming off the place that weekend. I'll expect the women to have a good crowd being in the front of the doubleheader.
            I'm not trying to promote Norwich men on this forum. Just wanted to pass along some info on what I think most people on this site would appreciate.

Comment

Looking forward to getting back up to Northfield tomorrow. It has seemed like a little longer break than in the past. Utica is definitely a concern. I hope the Cadets are as concerned as I am. The bus ride down to Elmira for Sunday's matchup will not be fun if they look past this team. Utica's Reed and Norton will be players to watch. They had three points each in there loss to Elmira. That game was tied 5-5 before Elmira scored. The final was 7-5, but that was an empty netter with 2 secs on the clock. Norwich's goaltending and over all team speed should be tough to beat at Krietzberg. However legs don't always move and goaltenders aren't always as sharp when you look past an opponent.

GO CADETS, PLAY HARD!!!!!

Comment

Our highlights from Friday's win over Utica are now live! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VF...ature=youtu.be
                WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
                NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
                Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

I was looking at Norwich stats and noticed 2 players with #0. Does that mean they left school or are they really #0?

Comment

Not sure what to expect tonight. Celeste Roberts was dressed at the Castleton game on Saturday. Freshmen Laurie King has looked very strong in net . Can't say that I've seen her give up a bad goal . If it isn't Roberts, I sure hope to see King in net tonight vs Platty.

Scoring goals seems to be is a real problem with this team and the way they go about trying to score them. They never seem to create scoring opportunities. Alot of throwing of the puck in the direction of the net from any angle. Scored one goal against St.A's for the 1-1 tie on Friday and won 3-1 vs Castleton on Saturday with all three goals coming from the D shooting from the point. When you can't check your opponent, dump and chase seems to be a difficult style to play. Good teams like Elmira, Platty and Middlebury will just break it out every time.

Comment

Not sure but rumor is Ms King wil be between the pipes. I am a Norwich fan so hoping they come out aggressive and consistent. A lot to ask of such a young team. Hopefully nerves don't get in the way. Good luck tonight Cadets.

Comment

Originally posted by womenshockeyfan5 View Post
                        Not sure but rumor is Ms King wil be between the pipes. I am a Norwich fan so hoping they come out aggressive and consistent. A lot to ask of such a young team. Hopefully nerves don't get in the way. Good luck tonight Cadets.
                        I'm a fan as well. Probably wouldn't be a good idea for Roberts first game back to be against Platty so I hope your right about King being in net. You have to think the 9-2 defeat in last years title game could easily creep into the head of (Goaltender) Lauren Carrier. Even though she didn't let in all 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjames View Post
                          Next two month's has nine tough games for this team. I'll assume they'll be favored 7 out of the 9. Not sure there ready to beat Platty and Elmira in there places yet. I think if they can come out this stretch 6-3 and don't get blownout in any loss, they should be happy. Got to take care of business this weekend vs two tough conf. opponents (Salve,Mhatville). Good luck girls Happy Turkey Day.
                          So the Cadets wind up 6-2-1 over this tough nine game stretch. St. A's tie was tough because for the first time this season they didn't seem to skate. Last night's 5-0 loss to Platty hurt's but they competed, especially in the first. Goaltending didn't seem to be the issue as much as turning over the puck to allow Plattsburg wide open looks.

The next ten games are all conference games and the way they look offensively right now there are no easy wins for this team.

Comment

Where to start. Well, it's been a character building new year for the NU squad to say the least. Yes, the team is young and a lot of factors need to come together but I can't help but think that the league is really starting to even out talent wise. And with the new North Atlantic league joining the fray, recruiting top talent could prove to be even more challenging going forward. Fortunately, NU has a lot to offer, academically and athletically, but still...

As I've mentioned in a prior post, having beaucoup numbers on a team sometimes comes in handy and so far this year is no exception. Between injuries and players not returning for whatever reason, the strategy came in handy. I see we even picked up a new player mid season.

And I can't help but mention how much we appreciate NSN coverage, not to mention the top notch PBP work of Mr. Tanner Acebo but what's up with no coverage of tomorrow's St Mike's game??
                            Last edited by NU FAN; 01-23-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Where to start. Well, it's been a character building new year for the NU squad to say the least. Yes, the team is young and a lot of factors need to come together but I can't help but think that the league is really starting to even out talent wise. And with the new North Atlantic league joining the fray, recruiting top talent could prove to be even more challenging going forward. Fortunately, NU has a lot to offer, academically and athletically, but still...

As i've mentioned in prior a post, having beaucoup numbers on a team sometimes comes in handy and so far this year is no exception. Between injuries and players not returning for whatever reason, the strategy came in handy. I see we even picked up a new player mid season.

And I can't help but mention how much we appreciate NSN coverage, not to mention the top notch PBP work of Mr. Tanner Acebo but what's up with no coverage of tomorrow's St Mike's game??
                              At the beginning of the year the decison was made to not stream two men's and two women's hockey games. Tomorrow's saint michael's game is the 2nd of two selected ones not to stream.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                At the beginning of the year the decison was made to not stream two men's and two women's hockey games. Tomorrow's saint michael's game is the 2nd of two selected ones not to stream.
                                Sounds fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X