tUMD @ SCSU Nov 7 and 8: Let's get 4 points… I mean 6… stupid NCHC math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ SCSU Nov 7 and 8: Let's get 4 points… I mean 6… stupid NCHC math

I do not like the idea of dropping two OT games in a row. Really hoping that doesn't become a trend this season.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'd be more worried about dumb penalties and bad defense becoming trends.
      Rehkamp should sit tonight after that penalty in the 3rd.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The parity in college hockey has increased the last few years where you can never count anyone out of a game. In the NCHC, the only team I figure to finish in the bottom 4 is CC. The other 7 teams could finish anywhere. The Bulldogs and Huskies are very even teams and I expect another close game tonight.

One question for Huskies fans, the box score listed had attendance at 3,976. I thought that place held 6,000+. Everyone out chasing bucks only? Interesting DNR stat, usually 200,000 deer are harvested in MN, but with bucks only in place in many zones, they estimate only 120,000 deer this year.
        tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

I was pretty unimpressed with Prochno most of the evening. I thought he looked almost uninterested in the game. In addition to that absolutely brainless play by Rehkamp, does anyone know what Kosilla did to get called for unsportsmanlike? Is that what they're calling "embellishment" these days?
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            I was pretty unimpressed with Prochno most of the evening. I thought he looked almost uninterested in the game. In addition to that absolutely brainless play by Rehkamp, does anyone know what Kosilla did to get called for unsportsmanlike? Is that what they're calling "embellishment" these days?

According to Motzko, it was the stick tap he did after the original penalty.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Probably ruled as taunting. Sounds like Bob was not too happy with it. tUMD has their own designated chirper in Farley and hopefully he is smart enough to stay away from crossing the line of taunting. As an current official in several adult rec sports, I usually warn a player first before dinging them with a penalty.

Comment

One team showed up to play tonight...it's not the Huskies.
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

This would be a great rivalry if it wasn't so one-sided.
                  Dude Love chirps = kiss of death. Thanks for the hex on the Huskies this weekend. Tonight, puck hits Kosilla in the backside, goes in Huskie net. Puck hits Kuhlman in backside, puck stays out of net. That's good karma for tUMD and bad juju for SCSU.

Comment

Congrats UMD, you guys wanted it, we didn't.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                      Probably ruled as taunting. Sounds like Bob was not too happy with it. tUMD has their own designated chirper in Farley and hopefully he is smart enough to stay away from crossing the line of taunting. As an current official in several adult rec sports, I usually warn a player first before dinging them with a penalty.
                      Talking with some now-former WCHA refs a couple years back, that's what they did, also.

One game, a guy got a penalty....headed to the box. Next thing you know, he's headed to the locker room. After the game, I asked the ref what he said/did....ref said the player told him, "You f*ing suck at your job, you f*ing hack."

F-bomb was the key. Insta-ejection.

Side note: the ref wanted to reply (but didn't) "Oh, so you score a couple goals last night, but tonight you wanna be an a-hole."
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Talking with some now-former WCHA refs a couple years back, that's what they did, also.

One game, a guy got a penalty....headed to the box. Next thing you know, he's headed to the locker room. After the game, I asked the ref what he said/did....ref said the player told him, "You f*ing suck at your job, you f*ing hack."

F-bomb was the key. Insta-ejection.

Side note: the ref wanted to reply (but didn't) "Oh, so you score a couple goals last night, but tonight you wanna be an a-hole."
                          I still officiate baseball and softball, but am retired hockey ref, especially lots of men's no check hockey. If a player in a conversational tone and calm manner says, hey that call was effing brutal, he likely would not get tossed. In alot of those cases, I know the player and they know me after years of officiating them. But screaming me down with an F bomb is, as you call it, an insta ejection.

My most embarrassing/funny moment came while ejecting a no check player in a "progression" penalty. Player crushes opponent in corner, arm goes up to call roughing/checking. Whistle blows and I started skating backward toward scorer's table at center ice. Player unleashes stream of loud expletives, hands go to hips, you have 10 min misconduct. Player continues tirade and is ejected before making it to the blue line and told to turn around and head to the gate. I catch a crack in ice and fall on my backside. Both players benches explode in laughter, I get up and take a bow.

Proud to say, I have not ejected anyone in last five+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            One team showed up to play tonight...it's not the Huskies.
                            They play when they want to play?

Comment

Anyone want to discuss that garbage call on Kosilla?

Comment

Anyone want to discuss that garbage call on Kosilla?
                                Welcome to the club. tUMD got the same treatment at the Friday home game vs. Miami. Game tied 2-2 with ~7 minutes left and Tonitnato gets a the same call. One hand in the back of the opponent and is called a major CFB. To make matters worse, refs call ticky tack high stick behind the net while tUMD is killing major to give Miami a 5x3 advantage, which they score on to win the game. tUMD also got dinged by a weak hook call (neutral zone along the boards, did not deny a scoring chance) vs. Mankato in OT and the resulting PP won the game for the Mavs.

In the ref's defense, the game has gotten too fast for them to call accurately. Would not be surprised with some kind of replay/coaches challenge system for plays like this, but that might not happen until ~2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X