Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 scores 2014-2015

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    Aren't you too young to remember that song?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Congrats to Maddy Gendreau who is the MIAC MVP from Concordia/Moorhead. Had the privilege of coaching against her when she played high school for Bismarck,ND and was Miss Hockey in 2011. She never takes a shift off. Well deserved.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Stevens Point beat Superior 2-1

River Falls 6-1 over Eau Claire
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Well there's your first wrinkle...Gustavus goes down to Bethel 6-3.

Doesn't look like it was much of a contest as Bethel was up 4-1 after 1.
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

end of 3rd OT Middlebury 2 Hamilton 2

Comment

Middlebury 3 Hamilton 2 Fluke on a pp goal in the 4th OT Coach Mandigo's 500th win
              Last edited by obserbear; 02-28-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                Middlebury 3 Hamilton 2 Wulf on a pp goal in the 4th OT Coach Mandigo's 500th win
                I'm seeing tweets about 81 saves for Hamilton goaltender Sam Walther but I can't find live stats. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  I'm seeing tweets about 81 saves for Hamilton goaltender Sam Walther but I can't find live stats. Is this true?
                  box score says 80
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

They played two full games and then some....I don't see that as out of the realm of possibility.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      They played two full games and then some....I don't see that as out of the realm of possibility.
                      Yes with the extended game it's possible but 42 of those saves were in OT, all of which she had to make to keep the game going until Middlebury scored on attempt 43.

It's impressive, especially considering her counterpart had to make only 31 saves for the whole game.

Comment

Middlebury scored both their goals in the first five minutes of the game. Two shots, two goals. She then stopped everything else, 81 consecutive shots, until the end of the game.

Comment

Yes with the extended game it's possible but 42 of those saves were in OT, all of which she had to make to keep the game going until Middlebury scored on attempt 43.

It's impressive, especially considering her counterpart had to make only 31 saves for the whole game.
                          Walther's accomplishment was amazing, but let us not overlook Marsh in the Panther net. I imagine it is difficult to have so little action for extended periods, stay focused and then suddenly be challenged knowing the season rides on making the save. Marsh made a couple of big stops in (who can remember which) OT.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                            Walther's accomplishment was amazing, but let us not overlook Marsh in the Panther net. I imagine it is difficult to have so little action for extended periods, stay focused and then suddenly be challenged knowing the season rides on making the save. Marsh made a couple of big stops in (who can remember which) OT.
                            I'm sure it was a good game for her, but saving 31/33 is a fairly normal game. 80/82 is not. You really can't compare the two games. One goalie was playing the game of her life, the other was playing a fairly typical game. You really cannot compare the two performances here.

Comment

Originally posted by alternatecaptain View Post
                              I'm sure it was a good game for her, but saving 31/33 is a fairly normal game. 80/82 is not. You really can't compare the two games. One goalie was playing the game of her life, the other was playing a fairly typical game. You really cannot compare the two performances here.
                              How is it possible to describe a 4 OT game, as a senior goalie, knowing you are playing facing possible elimination from NCAA consideration and the instant end of your career as typical?

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                                How is it possible to describe a 4 OT game, as a senior goalie, knowing you are playing facing possible elimination from NCAA consideration and the instant end of your career as typical?
                                Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                                X