No announcement yet.

Pure Michigan Invades the Spirit of America: UM/MSU at Lowell/BU 10/24-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pure Michigan Invades the Spirit of America: UM/MSU at Lowell/BU 10/24-25

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    UML fans, forgive me, but I'm pretty sure we won't be in Lowell anytime soon.

But realtive to the campus, where's BU's arena?
    It's right on campus, on Commonwealth Ave. Let me know how you will be traveling there and I can give you specific directions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Oh I'm sorry, I thought we fought a war to get out of commonwealths. (but really I can only remember PA as a commonwealth, always forget the others)

For alfa, obviously I'm no BU fan, nor do I have extensive knowledge of their campus, but I believe it's on campus since I remember seeing it from the train car on the T at the "Boston U Campus" stop last summer.
      Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      It's right on campus, on Commonwealth Ave. Let me know how you will be traveling there and I can give you specific directions!
      For sure, we will be in town again in April, and I think it would be cool to stop by. So thanks!

(it would be even better if the old posters game could be revived, and played there)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Oh I'm sorry, I thought we fought a war to get out of commonwealths. (but really I can only remember PA as a commonwealth, always forget the others)

For alfa, obviously I'm no BU fan, nor do I have extensive knowledge of their campus, but I believe it's on campus since I remember seeing it from the train car on the T at the "Boston U Campus" stop last summer.
        In the first season of Fringe, the principal characters take a trip to Boston College to see a professor....however they show a shot of a Green Line trolley passing Agganis Arena which is in the heart of the BU campus.

Comment

I'm fully resigned to what will happen to our hockey this weekend.

But does YOUR school have a hoops coach sit in with KISS on his accordian??
          http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...dnight-madness

Comment

Could someone listening to the game or watching on TV tell me the difference in BU"s first goal that was allowed and Michigan's third that was not?
            Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 10-25-2014, 08:26 PM.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I hope everyone who visited the Tsongas this weekend had a good time and liked our facility.

Please have a safe trip back to Mich. Hope you guys come back soon, preferably, when we have better goaltending.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                I hope everyone who visited the Tsongas this weekend had a good time and liked our facility.

Please have a safe trip back to Mich. Hope you guys come back soon, preferably, when we have better goaltending.
                If I'm honest, I didn't care for the facility, mostly because of the number of people going to and from seats during play. Does no one there wait for a whistle? As I was standing at the top of a section waiting for a whistle, the guy behind me said "excuse me" wanting me to move out of his way.

Oh, and ya'll are right up there with the Ohio schools for throwing stuff at opposing fans. Classless. I know the throwing things is just a few individuals, but it's pathetic.

Beerworks, however, was outstanding.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  If I'm honest, I didn't care for the facility, mostly because of the number of people going to and from seats during play. Does no one there wait for a whistle? As I was standing at the top of a section waiting for a whistle, the guy behind me said "excuse me" wanting me to move out of his way.

Oh, and ya'll are right up there with the Ohio schools for throwing stuff at opposing fans. Classless. I know the throwing things is just a few individuals, but it's pathetic.

Always let us know so we can get that stuff squashed.

Edit: my position is... If it's a fan I want them thrown out... A student facing sanctions... And if the usher turns a blind eye or worse to complaints I want them fired
                  Last edited by Patman; 10-25-2014, 10:21 PM.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    Always let us know so we can get that stuff squashed.

Edit: my position is... If it's a fan I want them thrown out... A student facing sanctions... And if the usher turns a blind eye or worse to complaints I want them fired
                    It happens everywhere you go. I do think they do a good job stopping people from going down during play.

Comment

Could someone listening to the game or watching on TV tell me the difference in BU"s first goal that was allowed and Michigan's third that was not?
                      Sure thing: The Michigan kid's stick came down on O'Connor's glove impeding his ability to make a save.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Sure thing: The Michigan kid's stick came down on O'Connor's glove impeding his ability to make a save.
                        thanks. it's hard to see some of that stuff from the stands.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                          It happens everywhere you go. I do think they do a good job stopping people from going down during play.
                          I don't want us to be everywhere.

During play movement is annoying... but I was talking more about the food tossing.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

wolverineTrumpet: Do you recall the section you were sitting? Some sections are better at policing things such as annoying fans strolling the aisles during play than others. But more importantly, it is never acceptable for any fan to throw *anything* at opposing fans; or throw anything at *any* fan. Everyone should be able to come and have a good time at our rink. While it is impossible to catch the person(s) who did this - I do want to inform the arena officials of this happening so they can ensure that they can do their best to try and prevent this from happening in the section you sat in, as well as any section in the arena.
                            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Jasmine can throw tshirts at Mookie anytime she desires
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Jasmine can throw tshirts at Mookie anytime she desires
                                Preferably the one she is wearing at the time.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X