Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Bison

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    It's certainly a credit to NDSU that many FBS teams don't want to put them on the schedule. But, I think any suggestion that it's simply a case of "they're scared to play us" is off base. FBS programs have recognized that NDSU is a tough opponent. Why schedule a tough FCS opponent when there are plenty of tough FBS opponents to schedule instead? I'd argue that you don't get the same credit (both subjectively and objectively) for beating a quality FCS opponent that you get for beating a quality FBS opponent. It just doesn't make sense for them anymore.

Has there been any talk in Fargo of trying to make the move to FBS somewhere down the line?
    Why in blue thunder would they want to do that? The only FBS conference that would really take them in would be the MAC, which isn't all that great of a conference to begin with. Their closest league member would be Northern Illinois, and with the bulk of the conference split between LP Michigan and Ohio. Probably about even travel wise than what the Missouri Valley is. Only the Missouri Valley doesn't have the grand tradition of being invited to play Big Ten teams when they need a whipping boy. The Sun Belt is way too far south. The Mountain West probably considers themselves a little too high profile, and there's not really any other great option for them to move to that would be a both a geographical and philosophical fit for them right now in FBS. Truthfully, NDSU's best bet to go FBS is to hope that Texas and the Oklahoma schools jump from the Big 12, and the survivors there look to raid the MAC, Big Sky and Missouri Valley to fill out their ranks.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Make that 9-0 on the season and the winning streak goes to 33 after beating their rival SDSU 37-17 in the Dome yesterday. Bison were down 10-6 at halftime for the first time in 17 games but proceeded to score on every possession in the 2nd half. Northern Iowa is next on the road.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        It's an accomplishment, no doubt, but you have to be a little careful how much value you give it as a D1 record.
        32 in a row is 32 in a row. Weather it's in the NFL or pop warner is irrelevant. It's 32 in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
          32 in a row is 32 in a row. Weather it's in the NFL or pop warner is irrelevant. It's 32 in a row.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
            Do y'all study whether patterns there at NSDU

Comment

Ha. Snow is in the forecast eventually. 😉
              Last edited by icehawk; 11-02-2014, 01:11 PM.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Know

Comment

Oh deer.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

He didn't no.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

My work moves off NDSU's campus and NDSU loses? What a great week to be alive!
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

they lost?, you mean Icehawk won't be back, what a shame
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

My thoughts on the subject....
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            they lost?, you mean Icehawk won't be back, what a shame
                            Oh heavens no. I'm here and always will be. New streak starts Saturday. Hail to the Bison!!!!!!
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Nephew tied a Bison record with 5 TD passes in their win over Missouri St. 45-10 yesterday. New streak has begun.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Nephew tied a Bison record with 5 TD passes in their win over Missouri St. 45-10 yesterday. New streak has begun.
                                He may have thrown 5 TDs on Saturday, but the week before he helmed the team's first loss in 34 games. Loser, a black mark on his record for all time.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X