NDSU Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Iowa St., Kansas St., and Minnesota under Tim Brewster can hardly be considered FBS teams...
    Excuses are like *******s. Everyone has one. Kansas St was defending big 12 champs. Beat em in their home opener. In fact beat last 5 FBS teams on the road. My oh my.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Re: NDSU Bison

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      Excuses are like *******s. Everyone has one. Kansas St was defending big 12 champs. Beat em in their home opener. In fact beat last 5 FBS teams on the road. My oh my.
      My point still stands.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I think the bigger story is that my work is FINALLY moving off NDSU's campus. I can't wait. It's like a dream come true. T-minus five days! I'm so excited.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          What is FCS--the 9-man championship? Might be fun to watch one. Makes a regular NFL field look like an Olympic field, I bet.
          Your insecurities are glaring.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            My point still stands.
            Not going to argue about Brewster. He was brutal.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
              Your insecurities are glaring.
              No, my insecurities are legendary. What are oats?

Comment

It's a cute little story that da Bizon got in Fargo der. Good for dem.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  It's a cute little story that da Bizon got in Fargo der. Good for dem.
                  Not as cute as your D2 Bulldog team. I understand they are #2 in the country.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Yeah whatever you say although they beat Iowa St., Kansas St, Minnesota and 2 others FBS teams in the last 5 years. Big Ten won't even schedule them anymore. My oh my.
                    That type of schedule dodging is almost as laughable as the way NDSU has dodged UND, an admittedly poor football program right now. "Well, we'll play you, but only if we get to always play you at home, and we can't do it too often, maybe every couple of years, and let's start a year or two from now, and we're going to have to pick the officials, and....."
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      That type of schedule dodging is almost as laughable as the way NDSU has dodged UND, an admittedly poor football program right now. "Well, we'll play you, but only if we get to always play you at home, and we can't do it too often, maybe every couple of years, and let's start a year or two from now, and we're going to have to pick the officials, and....."
                      UND football has been irrelevant since they finally moved up to FCS. Had they moved up when NDSU did the rivalry would have never ended. By the way UND didn't have to sign that contract with the Bison but they did because UND will play the 3 time champs anywhere to help get them back on the map if they happen to beat them.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It's certainly a credit to NDSU that many FBS teams don't want to put them on the schedule. But, I think any suggestion that it's simply a case of "they're scared to play us" is off base. FBS programs have recognized that NDSU is a tough opponent. Why schedule a tough FCS opponent when there are plenty of tough FBS opponents to schedule instead? I'd argue that you don't get the same credit (both subjectively and objectively) for beating a quality FCS opponent that you get for beating a quality FBS opponent. It just doesn't make sense for them anymore.

Has there been any talk in Fargo of trying to make the move to FBS somewhere down the line?

Comment

Not as cute as your D2 Bulldog team. I understand they are #2 in the country.
                          Yes they are. Which is a little surprising because they have fallen behind in many of their road games. They've been a nice story since they won their first DII title in 2008 and another one in 2010. But they didn't win three in a row with a chance for 4 in a row...
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Yes they are. Which is a little surprising because they have fallen behind in many of their road games. They've been a nice story since they won their first DII title in 2008 and another one in 2010. But they didn't win three in a row with a chance for 4 in a row...
                            I've ways been a Bulldog fan since Sandelin went there. Great guy. I know it's hard to believe I'm a UND hockey fan and an NDSU football fan but I didn't go to either school. With my nephew at QB I am a bigger Bison fan than ever. Is Mankato St #1 in D2 football right now?
                            Last edited by icehawk; 10-21-2014, 11:18 AM.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              It's certainly a credit to NDSU that many FBS teams don't want to put them on the schedule. But, I think any suggestion that it's simply a case of "they're scared to play us" is off base. FBS programs have recognized that NDSU is a tough opponent. Why schedule a tough FCS opponent when there are plenty of tough FBS opponents to schedule instead? I'd argue that you don't get the same credit (both subjectively and objectively) for beating a quality FCS opponent that you get for beating a quality FBS opponent. It just doesn't make sense for them anymore.

Has there been any talk in Fargo of trying to make the move to FBS somewhere down the line?
                              There has been talk since they won their second title. Thing is they need a conference invite before anything happens. And if that ever does happen then they have to figure out where to get the added money that comes with that. Personally I hope it never happens. I love the home playoff games and obviously in the FBS there is no such thing. Plus they aren't going to be this dominant every year. Eventually they will come back to earth.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I've ways been a Bulldog fan since Sandelin went there. Great guy. I know it's hard to believe I'm a UND hockey fan and an NDSU football fan but I didn't go to either school. With my nephew at QB I am a bigger Bison fan than ever. Is Mankato St #1 in D2 football right now?
                                You're all sorts of messed up.

MSU is Number 1 in D2 Football. Too bad UMD and MSU won't play unless its the NCAA playoffs. And if they do it would have to be in the title game or final four, if things stay as is.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X