Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Thread V

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    Granted, there was a couple of OT events but I believe UW was 3-0-1-0 against UND this year.
    All of those games were in the first half of the year; UND was much more consistent after the Syracuse series when they went to Amsley-Benzie full time in net. UW is still the favorite, but then the Badgers were likely the favorite the last two years as well.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

my prediction is:
      3-2
      2-1
      2-1

It’s WCHA award time.
      WCHA ROY?
      Pannek or Pankowski?
      I’m going to avoid that debate entirely and go with Baldwin
      Adapting to the college game is much more difficult for a blueliner, and it showed early on. But her progress has been pretty steady to the point that people unfamiliar with the team would have a hard time guessing which player is the freshman (and it would be a guess). And given the level of play by the Gopher D, that’s a pretty strong endorsement. It’s tough to stand out amongst that group, but as the season has gone on, her play has often stood out and shined.
      But really, you couldn’t go wrong with any of the 3.
      My guess/choice for the rookie team:
      Schammel-Pannek-Pankowski (I certainly wouldn’t object to Clark or Piazza being named)
      Joyce-Baldwin
      Sauve

Comment

Update from the WCHA regarding this weekend's broadcast coverage.
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Granted, there was a couple of OT events but I believe UW was 3-0-1-0 against UND this year. I expect their superior speed will make them 4-0-1-0 on the year but it should be interesting. The game BSU plays will make their game less fun to watch but close none the less.

I don't know it Badger fans are naturally pessimistic or is you are trying to down-talk the team to keep the opponents from getting bulletin board material. See all the fretting before OSU as an example.
          UND is hot right now, UW is warm. They are 4-2 in their last 6 against not so good opposition and the pp sucks. I'm not the sandbagging type, I had UW #1 for a large chunk of the season. The rodent fans are the ones just laying in the weeds.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UND over UW. Amsley-Benzie is the hottest goalie right now, and UND playing tight, physical team D lately.
            UM over BSU. UM has the most talent and the best (and most under appreciated) goalie in the league.

UM over UND in the finals, even though I'd like to see UND win and put 3 WCHA teams in the Final 8.

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
              UM has the most talent and the best (and most under appreciated) goalie in the league.
              Seems like people are slow to give props to Leveille when she has a good game, and quick to point it out when she lets in a soft one.

Whatever, what I mean is it sure is nice to hear someone other than Brad Frost say something good about her!

Comment

I don't know it Badger fans are naturally pessimistic or is you are trying to down-talk the team to keep the opponents from getting bulletin board material. See all the fretting before OSU as an example.
                I don't think it's pessimistic considering the Badgers have lost two straight WCHA semis to North Dakota (and three straight overall) and now they get them again on their home ice. With that said, I did see an interview with Turnbull and she said the seniors were making a point to the underclassmen on the importance of the WCHA tournament.

While the PP isn't setting the world on fire, I'm a little more worried about the occasional defensive breakdown that hangs Desbiens out to dry. Most time she bails them out, but the level of competition is taking a big step up from here on out. The offense isn't consistent enough to give up cheap goals.

Comment

Congratulations to all the WCHA Scholar-Athletes!

15 are from UND-which is more than twice as many as from any other school.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    The rodent fans are the ones just laying in the weeds.
                    Good one

I'm hopeful with a capital 'H', but I know any of these teams can beat the Gophers!

-maybe it's not capital 'H'
                    Last edited by KTDC; 03-03-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      Congratulations to all the WCHA Scholar-Athletes!

15 are from UND-which is more than twice as many as from any other school.
                      That is very impressive! Good for UND & the women that play there. I was going to say that the percentage of players making this list from the whole WCHA was something to be proud of (I'd love to see comparisons to basketball or football you know those won't be as good) but it seems that NoDak deserves special honors.
                      Last edited by ne7minder; 03-03-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

That is hilarious! most of the time Gopher fans are accused of the exact opposite! Mostly I don't want to play UND in a finals game again but I also think that UW is better than the last part of the season showed. I think there may have been a bit of a let down after they fell to second that should cure itself this weekend. I wouldn't mind sending UND out to Boston but thats not gonna happen.

Comment

The wind is so cold right now that we have lay anywhere that offers some cover.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            The wind is so cold right now that we have lay anywhere that offers some cover.
                            I was thinking we haven't even seen a weed for what seems like forever!
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Im picking:
                              UM over Midji 5-2..too much firepower but scanlan coty honors as he deserves it
                              UND over UW 4-1 ENG...home ice, on a roll, and SHELBY
                              UND over UM 3-2 2OTs...close game either way. i choose home team with no bias

Comment

That is hilarious! most of the time Gopher fans are accused of the exact opposite!
                                Rodent women's fans aren't nearly as arrogant and overconfident, unlike thier male counterparts (of course this year is another story on the men's side of the eldger). In fact, I don't sense or read that into them at all. A few eastern fans on the otherhand.....

Badger Booster made a good point about UW being a little sloppy in transition D also, and I agree. SCSU had two 2 on 1's in the first 3 minutes of the first period Saturday but did not convert. Things settled in after that.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X