X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud @ Union 10/24-25: Bringing USCHO Posters Together

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    St. Cloud sweeps.
    Ah Tipsy ... great to hear from you again ... I remember you from last year ... where you predicted the exact same outcome I hope your prediction skills have not changed
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

This should be a great weekend of hockey. Does Union have a video internet feed for their home games? If not this might be the only weekend all year Husky fans can't watch their squad either on TV or on the internet. Being a long time fan we are spoiled compared to the way it use to be.

So what is the scoop on Union this year? Did you graduate a lot of people from last year's title team? Are you guys thinking you ahve another run at a title?
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

We do have a video feed. I think its about $7.00 per game. It has been improved but is no where near what most folks expect. It will show up on our schools hockey web page on Friday. I will keep an eye out for it.

We installed new lighting which makes the game much better but its still not at the quality most D-1 programs have come to expect. The audio can be a problem.

We are all very excited about this team as we lost a great senior class and Ghost and if that was not bad enough, three of our starting players were suspended so we came out of the blocks expecting a disaster. Most of us were only hoping that maybe we could make it to the ECAC league tournament this year. We still do not know how good we are but the team is exceeding expectations thus far. Of course its way early and the ECAC will be very tough this year. We will have no excuses come this weekend because we will be at full strength for the first time and seven of our freshmen have played a ton, are making lots of mistakes. No way we expected to be 4-0.

We have faced some some very tough physical teams and that does not bother us but we are not as fast as last year so I see us as having problems with SCSU's speed. We lost two first team all-american defensemen and defense is a work in progress as well. I think overall it will be the best hockey this coming weekend

You folks were a great road team last year. Do you think that will carry over?
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Saint Cloud Fans .... here is where you want to go to listen to the free audio for both nights:
          http://www.unionathletics.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey - click on the little speaker to the right Men's Ice Hockey vs St. Cloud State under the word coverage. It should take you to the TEAMLINE page.

http://www.teamline.cc/sportpage?tea...0&eventcode=25
          Click on "Click Hear to Listen"
          It usually does not get going until just before the game.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Saint Cloud Fans ... here is where you want to go to see the live feed.

http://www.unionathletics.tv/

Men's Hockey vs. St. Cloud State
            The men's hockey team will host St. Cloud State on Friday, October 24 at 7:00 p.m.
            • WATCH LIVE | PURCHASE

You want to click on PURCHASE
            I believe its $7.95 per game. Video is so-so and audio can skip out now and then. As bad as it is, it is a lot better than last year. Try and purchase a few hours before the game. It gets backed up right around game time.

Hope this helps
            Last edited by Dutchman; 10-20-2014, 01:58 PM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Saint Cloud Fans:

Here is another web page you can go to to get to either the audio or video

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...x?path=mhockey

Click in the red box with the St. Cloud Insignia and select

Next Game:
              St. Cloud State
              10/24/2014 - 7:00 PM
              Live Stats
              Listen Live
              Watch Live
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                SCSU Euro: I will post a link for you to an audio feed before the games.
                I appreciate it, though I actually meant I probably won't get to watch or listen to the game cuz if plans go well I'll be at an Iowa Wild game Friday and a Des Moines Bucs game Saturday.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

We are all very excited about this team as we lost a great senior class and Ghost and if that was not bad enough, three of our starting players were suspended so we came out of the blocks expecting a disaster. Most of us were only hoping that maybe we could make it to the ECAC league tournament this year. We still do not know how good we are but the team is exceeding expectations thus far. Of course its way early and the ECAC will be very tough this year. We will have no excuses come this weekend because we will be at full strength for the first time and seven of our freshmen have played a ton, are making lots of mistakes. No way we expected to be 4-0.

We have faced some some very tough physical teams and that does not bother us but we are not as fast as last year so I see us as having problems with SCSU's speed. We lost two first team all-american defensemen and defense is a work in progress as well. I think overall it will be the best hockey this coming weekend

You folks were a great road team last year. Do you think that will carry over?
                  I think we were a very good team in general. I think St. Cloud can sweep this series because Union lost so much from last year. We only lost 4 guys from a team that was 22-11-5, and had we been in a different regional I think we could have been a Frozen Four team again. 2 of the players we lost last year were key cogs, but the other 2 are easily replaceable IMO. We only have 3 proven defensemen, and that is the biggest question mark for this team.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I think we were a very good team in general. I think St. Cloud can sweep this series because Union lost so much from last year. We only lost 4 guys from a team that was 22-11-5, and had we been in a different regional I think we could have been a Frozen Four team again. 2 of the players we lost last year were key cogs, but the other 2 are easily replaceable IMO. We only have 3 proven defensemen, and that is the biggest question mark for this team.
                    Out of curiosity, which two are easily replaceable?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Out of curiosity, which two are easily replaceable?
                      Thorson and Faragher.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Defense is a question mark this year and unproven goaltending. we have been much better on the road on the standard 200 x 100 size ice sheet. A big change from how it use be in years past where the team played well at home on Olympic ice and bad on standard ice.

Should be a great weekend of hockey. I hope to watch the saturday game online and follow friday game on CHN app.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Thorson and Faragher.
                          Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I think all the young forwards CAN replace a guy like Cory Thorson. The thing is that Patrick Russell isn't replacing Cory or Ben Hanowski. Everyone else moves up a notch. That's why I think this is Morley & Murray's time to shine.

Meanwhile, I think Faragher was a product of the guys who played in front of him. If Charlie's numbers don't look as good as Faragher's from last year, it's because the defense in front of Lindgren isn't as good. Hoping Prochno & Prow can step it up defensively without Gravel. They're already pretty good offensively...but they've gotta keep pucks away from Charlie too.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I think all the young forwards CAN replace a guy like Cory Thorson. The thing is that Patrick Russell isn't replacing Cory or Ben Hanowski. Everyone else moves up a notch. That's why I think this is Morley & Murray's time to shine.

Meanwhile, I think Faragher was a product of the guys who played in front of him. If Charlie's numbers don't look as good as Faragher's from last year, it's because the defense in front of Lindgren isn't as good. Hoping Prochno & Prow can step it up defensively without Gravel. They're already pretty good offensively...but they've gotta keep pucks away from Charlie too.
                            I don't know that the defense won't be as good. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Gravel fan, but that was the only player on D we lost. So in the sense that everyone else is a year older, and now Prochno is healthy again, I don't see why this team's D can't be as good or better than last year.

Comment

Huskies practicing in our barn !!!!
                              https://www.facebook.com/SCSUATHLETICS/timeline
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Huskies practicing in our barn !!!!
                                https://www.facebook.com/SCSUATHLETICS/timeline
                                I have seen dumpsters nicer than that place.

Comment

Working...
                                X