UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Certainly not a bad problem to have by any means. Do we have any depth in case any of our forwards go down?
    Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
    National Champions 1992, 2001
    21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
    National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
    Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
      Certainly not a bad problem to have by any means. Do we have any depth in case any of our forwards go down?
      Good question, we are already missing Forgionne who should be a weekly starter... so I'd say there is some amount of depth. Can we replace Puskarich, Bradley, Fallon... that would be very tough. I don't see anyone who could step up into the top 3, 3-6 forwards... maybe but it's iffy... I think there is enough depth to replace a bottom 6 guy. Some of the frosh need to step it up though, outside of Irwin's point this past weekend none of the frosh have made the scoresheet yet... I expect more out of Priviterra and Petruzzelli.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        I doubt that either Phillips or Abramson gets an auto spot in the line up. Phillips is currently practicing with the team I believe so I would expect him to jump into the line up as in practice he should be developing some chemistry and getting used to the systems. I'm not sure what Abramson's status is? Is he on campus? Practicing? Or anything else.

Rest assured if the team is firing on all cylinders Sneddon isn't going to yank a guy that is playing really well unless one of these other guys is playing better in practice. There is a tremendous amount of depth right now on D and I think it's going to be the top 6 guys in practice that particular week and also the opponent they are playing. Clearly these two guys are kind of opposities with Phillips being more offensive and Abramson being more defensive. With the exception of Priviterra, Paliotta, and Luukko I don't see any of the D-men having a very long leash, too many other guys that can step in and fill the spot. Play well and get ice time... take a shift off, give up too many pucks, make bad plays and you are going to be on the bench.
        Agreed. Both Phillips and Abramson will have to work their way onto the starting 6, Phillips probably sooner then Abramson as he is practicing with the team. That said, based on prior achievement, these two have the potential of being top 4 guys very quickly which bodes well for the team's chances come crunch time in the new year.

Comment

With Phillips credentials from last year its difficult to imagine him not playing once eligible. Particularly given our propensity for a weak offense. Contribution from D is critical. Look at the numbers this year without Paliotta and A Priviterra.....

I have not seen enough offensively from Hamilton to accept his defensive liabilities. Maybe better than last year but they have not played a dynamic offensive team yet.... not even close.... Just watch the rerun of Union guys turning the corner on him. He may become stronger defensively but I think we have other guys that are steadier without giving up any offense

A Priviterra is a huge add to this team. Really helping offset the loss of McCarthy. They do need Reynolds back and being offensively creative to be successful against better teams though. Curious if he is hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
            With Phillips credentials from last year its difficult to imagine him not playing once eligible. Particularly given our propensity for a weak offense. Contribution from D is critical. Look at the numbers this year without Paliotta and A Priviterra.....

I have not seen enough offensively from Hamilton to accept his defensive liabilities. Maybe better than last year but they have not played a dynamic offensive team yet.... not even close.... Just watch the rerun of Union guys turning the corner on him. He may become stronger defensively but I think we have other guys that are steadier without giving up any offense

A Priviterra is a huge add to this team. Really helping offset the loss of McCarthy. They do need Reynolds back and being offensively creative to be successful against better teams though. Curious if he is hurt?
            True on Priveterra, his pass to Mario on Saturday was nice. Nothing fancy just found a clear lane instead of bouncing it off the shins of the forward coming out to him. He didn't hesitate.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
              They do need Reynolds back and being offensively creative to be successful against better teams though. Curious if he is hurt?
              I don't think so, but I have no direct knowledge. My guess is he is simply just still tentative.

Big win for UCONN last night... I hope the Cats watch that game tape and pay attention that just because they are a new member and predicted to finish last in the league the guys still need to bring their A game, or at least B+
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

That Q loss to UConn moved UVM to #1 in RPI and PRW There is only one direction to go from here.. so they better not lose to UConn!!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  According to USHR:
                  B site:

Vermont: The Catamounts once again cashed in on a former BU recruit (Ori Abramson, Privitera brothers) but in this case they picked up an absolute force on the wing in 1994-born Liam Coughlin, who was unable to make it to BU’s campus this season and went back to Vernon this season to ensure he would be eligible for this coming season. With the pick-up of Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson to the Terriers, it seemed unlikely the Terriers would be back in the mix for Coughlin, and the Catamounts win out in a forward who was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the 5th-round this summer (as a re-entry) and will be a big addition next fall. Alongside Conor O’Neill, the Cats class of 2019 will not be lacking for size and power on the wing with some scoring upside. - See more at: http://overtheboards.net/hockey-east....E7WbOg7U.dpuf

Comment

News regarding the/a new arena:

http://collegead.org/updates-release...tics-facility/

Nothing new here, we've all seen these renderings before. I guess the news is President Tom Sullivan released them. As stated in the article, the biggest obstacle remains the $75M price tag.
                    Last edited by UVM - Bruin; 10-22-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

IMHO the new facility is only happening if a large donor steps up for a very large chunk of it. It would be a tremendous asset for the school and is much needed in the region for concerts...

Comment

@bobbyeasywiderstiller use some of those 1.6 billion coffee bean dollars and make this happen! I'm sick of sitting on 2x10's... Gutters on is a pathetic excuse for a d1 hockey rink, especially when Midd and Norwich have facilities 10 times better!!! Beer, clean views, and a comfortable seat is all I ask for!

Comment

Originally posted by charliecatamount View Post
                          @bobbyeasywiderstiller use some of those 1.6 billion coffee bean dollars and make this happen! I'm sick of sitting on 2x10's... Gutters on is a pathetic excuse for a d1 hockey rink, especially when Midd and Norwich have facilities 10 times better!!! Beer, clean views, and a comfortable seat is all I ask for!
                          Couldn't say it any better. Think of the recruits an arena like that would bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by newuvmarena View Post
                            Couldn't say it any better. Think of the recruits an arena like that would bring in.
                            There is a certain ring to Green Mountain Coffee Arena. If we could get Stiller for 8 figures, I'm sure Tarrant, Pomerleau, Bobby Miller, and some Wall Street alum come in at mid to low 7 figures. I think they just need the big fish,

Comment

Originally posted by newuvmarena View Post
                              Give me a break... Union's rink is half the size of the GUT and they seem to be doing great. I personally wouldn't want to see beer at UVM games either. I'm not saying I don't want an updated rink, but that's not the sole key to getting higher profile recruits. And I'm skeptical the program really needs higher profile recruits. The program is headed in the right direction, games are fun to watch.

Perhaps if the rink was big enough it would attract attention from an ECHL team and then they can have all the beer and flashy lights and junk they want. I like when I go to a UVM game it's about the hockey, for the most part. The McDonald's minute, and Child Travel power play... slightly obnoxious but whatever. That's the way things are going.

I'm happy about the fact that for the most part UVM brings in student athletes that complete their degree and frequently earn 'honor roll' status. Makes me proud as an alumni.

Comment

I don't see why they can't just renovate it like they did at Fenway and are doing at Wrigley. Yes it is an old barn but there have to be some upgrades that can make the place better without a full on replacement. This is what good architects and engineers are for...

Comment

Working...
                                X