UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Looks like the Catamounts will be coming down to Conte. Good luck.
    Same to you. And may the second best team win. ;-)

Comment

• Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
      Is Muscoby hurt? I woud like to see him back in there.
      He hasn't played in forever it seems. I've seen enough of Hamilton that is for sure!

Hopefully Mario is healthy enough to get out there and we *and BC* play like the Friday night game last month. Picked up tickets today for Game 2.

Still alive and kicking!

Comment

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
        He hasn't played in forever it seems. I've seen enough of Hamilton that is for sure!

Hopefully Mario is healthy enough to get out there and we *and BC* play like the Friday night game last month. Picked up tickets today for Game 2.

Still alive and kicking!
        I would keep Hamilton and pair him with one of the more solid D. Abramson doesn't have the speed to undo Hamilton's occasional brain fades. At this point I would sit him and bring back Muscoby. Still curious why Phillips got moved to forward.

Saturday night game is on NESN!

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
          Still curious why Phillips got moved to forward.
          Not sure, but Phillips didn't play defense on Friday. I think he was just a healthy scratch. Then Sneddon wasn't happy with the play of some of the forwards Friday and sat Reynolds and Sankbiel Saturday. He might have just figured that since Phillips is such an offensive minded defenseman, it'd be a way to get him into the game without losing anything on defense, and he could potentially provide more offense than either of those guys. Personally, I liked the move.
          Last edited by UVM Cat in Texas; 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
            ...and why is Trey Phillips playing wing? I hold my breath every time the Hamilton/Abramson pair is on the ice. Lucky to win tonight. The forwards are coasting on the back checks and the dump and chase only works if you win the battles in the corners. Players are waving at the puck with their sticks rather than skating through the play.
            Well, first of all hats off to Paliotta as he has upped his defensive game and has been amazing. Can't quite say the same about Privittera or Luukko but they have been adequate. Paliotts is playing with playoff edge. Good on him.
            As for Hamilton and Abramson< the reality is that they were not scored on in games 1 and 2, and the goal in game 3 was the winger's fault. Further, they were the defence pair when the overtime goal was scored. I think Hamilton has been a good addition since his return. This is playoffs and Abramson adds size and meanness. Plus< I watched the game on Fox on Friday and they replayed his dangle at least 3 times. For a big kid he has nice hands.
            I agree with Phillips at forward. He struggled a bit with positioning as might be expected, but added grit on the boards and some flair. Sinkbeil is big but really not skilled and Reynolds did nothing in the first two games. I say suit him up on the wing in Boston.
            Muscoby has not played well at all and has virtually been erased by Phillips and Abramson. He will have a head time cracking the lineup this year and maybe next year as well, depending on how good the new recruits are.
            I hate the dump and chase that they play now. They do not have the size or grit to do it successfully. In this era where puck possession is king, they are just giving it away.
            Just my opinion.

Comment

I noticed that Kevin Irwin replaced Mike Stenerson at RW on Sunday. Stenerson was -2 on Saturday and bringing in fresh legs with Irwin was probably a good decision. I don't follow your team closely during the season, but I like your program.
              Last edited by Runsub5; 03-10-2015, 10:03 AM. Reason: added comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                I noticed that Kevin Irwin replaced Mike Stenerson at RW on Sunday. Stenerson was -2 on Saturday and bringing in fresh legs with Irwin was probably a good decision. I don't follow your team closely during the season, but I like your program.
                Your post reminds me that I mixed my days up in my last post. Should have said Saturday/Sunday instead of Friday/Saturday. Forgot they played 3 games. Anyway, Sneddon sat Reynolds, Sankbiel and Stenerson after Saturday's loss.

Comment

Irwin played Friday night and was replaced by Stenerson on Saturday night. Liked seeing McKinney in the line up on Sunday. He never stops skating when he is on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                    Well, first of all hats off to Paliotta as he has upped his defensive game and has been amazing. Can't quite say the same about Privittera or Luukko but they have been adequate. Paliotts is playing with playoff edge. Good on him.
                    As for Hamilton and Abramson< the reality is that they were not scored on in games 1 and 2, and the goal in game 3 was the winger's fault. Further, they were the defence pair when the overtime goal was scored. I think Hamilton has been a good addition since his return. This is playoffs and Abramson adds size and meanness. Plus< I watched the game on Fox on Friday and they replayed his dangle at least 3 times. For a big kid he has nice hands.
                    I agree with Phillips at forward. He struggled a bit with positioning as might be expected, but added grit on the boards and some flair. Sinkbeil is big but really not skilled and Reynolds did nothing in the first two games. I say suit him up on the wing in Boston.
                    Muscoby has not played well at all and has virtually been erased by Phillips and Abramson. He will have a head time cracking the lineup this year and maybe next year as well, depending on how good the new recruits are.
                    I hate the dump and chase that they play now. They do not have the size or grit to do it successfully. In this era where puck possession is king, they are just giving it away.
                    Just my opinion.
                    I disagree on Muscoby. Pattyn is the one I see make the glaring errors. Muscoby isn't flashy but I don't recall him making major errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      I disagree on Muscoby. Pattyn is the one I see make the glaring errors. Muscoby isn't flashy but I don't recall him making major errors.
                      I respect your opinion. I must admit that I don't understand Pattyn getting all that ice on the pk and when they shut it down to 4. It will be interesting to see what the coach thinks as he has 8 healthy D to choose from. Does he stay with the 6 he played last weekend, or shake it up.

Comment

I don't see how Sneddon can bring Muscoby back into the team. He has played 16 games this season, one more than Abramson and two LESS than Phillips despite them only being eligible the second half.

I would go:

Paliotta- A. Privitera
                        Luukko- Phillips
                        Pattyn- Abramson

I do appreciate Hoser bringing the stats on the Abramson- Hamilton pairing from the weekend but I don't see any "spike's" in Hamilton's game right now. If I had to start Hamilton I guess I would drop Phillips (or Pattyn but I don't see that happening). Abramson is slow (but not a terrible skater and reads the game well imo) but he doesn't get flustered with the puck, can pass and handle very well for someone with his size. The guy is not a liability at all, and I think he will be a key player in the next few seasons.

That size is such a bonus for this team, full of guys that play hard (Blanliel, McKinney, J. Privitera, Reynolds, Petruzzelli, Darrar, Muscoby, Phillips and a bunch more) that are 5-9 170 or whatever.

Comment

I don't see how Sneddon can bring Muscoby back into the team. He has played 16 games this season, one more than Abramson and two LESS than Phillips despite them only being eligible the second half.

I would go:

Paliotta- A. Privitera
                          Luukko- Phillips
                          Pattyn- Abramson

I do appreciate Hoser bringing the stats on the Abramson- Hamilton pairing from the weekend but I don't see any "spike's" in Hamilton's game right now. If I had to start Hamilton I guess I would drop Phillips (or Pattyn but I don't see that happening). Abramson is slow (but not a terrible skater and reads the game well imo) but he doesn't get flustered with the puck, can pass and handle very well for someone with his size. The guy is not a liability at all, and I think he will be a key player in the next few seasons.

That size is such a bonus for this team, full of guys that play hard (Blanliel, McKinney, J. Privitera, Reynolds, Petruzzelli, Darrar, Muscoby, Phillips and a bunch more) that are 5-9 170 or whatever.
                          I doubt he will drop Hamilton as he fears having two freshman D with a half a season each. That is my guess. Also, BC is a big team and he needs Abramson so Phillips lack of size may leave him out for that reason as well. However he does have some game so putting him at forward is not a bad thing imo. I agree that Abramson is going to be the cornerstone for this club for the next few years but right now, I still feel better when Paliotta is on the ice, based on the way he has elevated his defensive game for the playoffs.

Comment

I would go:

Paliotta- A. Privitera
                            Luukko- Phillips
                            Pattyn- Abramson

I agree that Muscoby won't be back but I still think the team plays better with him. They are 11-4-1 when he played. Granted it was the front half of the season but I think he was a steadying force. Sometimes it's not about making great plays but about not making the mistakes.

Comment

It's hard to say but obviously the record was much better early in the season. With the amount that the bottom 6 forwards have been rotated I the second half of the season.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any Muscoby the second half and don't really dislike him. After such a prolonged period out of the lineup there is no way he will all of the sudden get thrown in against BC.

GO CATS GO!

Comment

Actually until last Sunday the most consistant(playing not scoring) line was the 4th. Most of the changes lately had been
                                on the 2nd line between Reynolds/Irwin/Stenerson and last game Phillips. i actually liked the way the 2nd line played Sunday
                                they scored a goal and had several grade A chances. The only trouble they had was getting icetime with all of the PP we have to
                                kill. I would not be surprised if we see them together again at least for Friday.

As far as the D I think like in goal with Santa Sneddon has his 6 and barring injury will stick with them if you noticed he didnt make
                                any changes to the D sunday even thou he wasnt happy, all changes were on the forward lines.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X