UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scarlet_sox View Post
    The point was that you wanted to host the QF round and therefore wouldn't have played those three games at BC last weekend. If you had hosted or played anywhere outside of Mass this would be your 7th game.
    Or, think about this. If we lose to Lowell, my thread title will be exactly correct. Hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, I'd be like a modern-day Nostradamus. Freaky!!! :-)

Comment

• Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Or, think about this. If we lose to Lowell, my thread title will be exactly correct. Hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, I'd be like a modern-day Nostradamus. Freaky!!! :-)
      Prediction for the game?

I'm going 3-1 Vermont
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Prediction for the game?

I'm going 3-1 Vermont
        I was thinking about this earlier today and came up with the same score. So I'll second your pick, 3-1 UVM.

Comment

So, what is the lineup for Friday night? Does Coach go with the same squad that won on Sunday? Your thoughts?
          I think that the 5 difference makers so far have been Paliotta, Shaw, Hoffman, J. Privittera and Abramson (against BC). Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
            So, what is the lineup for Friday night? Does Coach go with the same squad that won on Sunday? Your thoughts?
            I think that the 5 difference makers so far have been Paliotta, Shaw, Hoffman, J. Privittera and Abramson (against BC). Your thoughts?
            I would add Fallon & Bradley to that list.

Not sure how many of those hurt before Sun(Reynolds,Mario,Senkeil,Irwin) and those hurt during will be available so Sneddon might not have
            much to decide. If history is any indiacation Sneddon likes to throw out the same lineup after any big win. Mario being healthy might be the only
            way a new guy gets in..
            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              I would add Fallon & Bradley to that list.

Not sure how many of those hurt before Sun(Reynolds,Mario,Senkeil,Irwin) and those hurt during will be available so Sneddon might not have
              much to decide. If history is any indiacation Sneddon likes to throw out the same lineup after any big win. Mario being healthy might be the only
              way a new guy gets in..
              I can see Mario and Irwin in the line up if available. Outside of that he's going to stick with what worked. The Shaw and Bradley has been so hot no matter who comes back they have to find a spot somewhere else.

Comment

I imagine most of you have probably already seen the "Whatever it Takes" video. For anyone who hasn't, check it out. It's pretty cool, particularly the last part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XogFvWA-rzE

Comment

Zombie Cats tonight

Comment

Sleepy cats tonight.

Indicative of the whole season really. Never quite sure what team was going to show up. Did a good job with moderate talent. No Mario really hurts in games like tonight.

It was great being at the garden though... The hype and excitement (pregame and first period).

Really enjoyed the team this season.

Comment

Well, team played at what is generally their worst which is to say they seemed to halfass it. frustrating. On season I give this team a B.
                      Pros:
                      -Paliotta was amazing all year and will be missed badly on both ends hope he is in NHL soon.
                      -Shaw was bright spot on offense Bradley also hot player of late Prititera Abramson Irwin and others seem to be nice peices too
                      -22 wins and Garden visit obviously

Con:
                      -No NCAA
                      -Inconsistent effort you get nights like tonight and BC wins and Maine series going 3
                      -Beside BC playoff win poor results against HE top teams and teams that have winning records gotta get results against big boys to progress up
                      - Goalie situation. I was firmly Hoffman throughout like to say I was right all along haha! but sense is this is not the end of it my sense is Hoffman takes off but it was something though stats were similar for he and Santa I felt it impacted team negatively.
                      -Hot start then slump which perhaps a lot was due to playing soft schedule not in conference and getting the poor league teams early. Ties in with consistence issue.
                      -Injuries not having Mario and Reynolds out there hurt would even say not having someone like Forgione this year hurt too
                      - Lack of scoring as season goes on. No real bright spots outside of Shaw in terms of a guy can be counted on a lot to shoulder scoring load.
                      -Reverted to dump and chase style late on with mixed results. Personally just don't like it but can let it slide in favor of results

Future:
                      -My guess is Hoffman leaves and Santa is the starter or that new recruit comes in next year and competes. Would like Hoffman back but just a gut feeling.
                      -Also figure to be other departures on team but mostly guys who don't play hopefully no big surprises.
                      -Hopefully new recruiting class is solid defensively and one of the freshman dman can contribute
                      -More though would be nice to get a few new players with more scoring capability or at least able to give team two lines very capable of scoring and more depth that can roll with the better teams that have better depth.

Team is back to being respectable really important to keep it that way and not drop off the map again while building toward top 4 finishes and more NCAAs while not being a bubble team. Don't think that is too much for asking and should be new standard now that team is not sucking anymore.

Time to enjoy warm weather soon then back at it.

Comment

Looking forward here a list of our recruits (according to College Hockey Inc) and how they are performing this year... I count 8 forwards, 3 D-men and 1 Goalie for the incoming class. Looks like a few could make an impact offensively right away, although the transition is always tough to predict.

2015-16 BEST, Drew RW 47GP - 5G, 14A - 19pts Omaha Lancers (USHL)
                        2015-16 BOWEN, Brian RW 52GP - 16G, 26A - 42pts Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)
                        2015-16 O'DONNELL, M RD 45GP - 1G, 11A - 12pts Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL)
                        2015-16 O'NEIL, Conor LW 47GP - 30G, 46A - 76pts New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL)
                        2015-16 PLITT, Dylan C 41GP - 9G, 22A - 31pts Philadelphia Elite Flyers (USPHL)
                        2015-16 PUFFER, Craig LW 58GP - 29G, 29A - 58pts Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL)
                        2015-16 COLTON, Ross LW 51GP - 15G, 13A - 28pts Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL)
                        2015-16 COUGHLIN, LiamLW 54GP - 20G, 40A - 60pts Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
                        2015-16 GERNHOFER, T RW 49GP - 9G, 3A - 10pts Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL)
                        2015-16 KEARLEY, Jacob LD 52GP - 8G, 23A - 31pts Langley Rivermen (BCHL)
                        2015-16 LEE, Mike LD 56GP - 2G, 34A - 36pts Penticton Vees (BCHL)
                        2015-16 LEKKAS, StefanoG 38GP - 2.77GAA, 0.903 Sv% Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)

2016-17 COWANS, Ace C/LW 36GP - 29G, 36A - 65pts Groton PS (NEDI)
                        2016-17 DAIGLE, Maximilien RD 48GP - 8G, 18A - 26pts Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL)
                        2016-17 DITTENHAFER, Austin RD 30GP - 1G, 9A - 10pts Connecticut Wolfpack (EHL)
                        2016-17 ESPOSITO, Alex RW 27GP - 21G, 16A - 37pts Loomis Chaffee PS (NEDI)
                        2016-17 FRECHETTE, Martin LW 59GP - 9G, 23A - 32pts Cumberland Grads (CCHL)
                        2016-17 KAUFMAN, Max LW 25GP - 14G, 20A - 34pts Kent PS (NEDI)
                        2016-17 O'CONNOR, Joe LD 28GP - 11G, 10A - 21pts Westminster PS (NEDI)

2017-18 GRANT, Owen RD 41GP - 2G, 11A - 13pts Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL)

2018-19 THOMAS, Christian F ??GP - ??G, ??A - ??pts Northern Cyclones U16 (EJEP16)
                        2018-19 CIPOLLONE, Joey C 15GP - 9G, 11A - 20pts Connecticut Wolfpack 16U (ECEU16)

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                          Zombie Cats tonight
                          Wasn't that the truth!! After the first they never got going again and UML took over. Decent season but still a ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                            Wasn't that the truth!! After the first they never got going again and UML took over. Decent season but still a ways to go.
                            I am very disappointed. Not in losing, as they were over achieving in my view, but rather because they just didn't show up in the last two periods. Most of them couldn't complete a 10 foot pass, if they were unselfish enough to actually pass.
                            Privittera was awful defensively and but for Paliotta bailing him out, would have been an even bigger disaster. Paliotta is gone next year. Who covers for his horrific defensive deficiencies and judgement errors? Abramson? Pattyn? Beats me.
                            Some of the new forwards have some size and hopefully can play at this level. Playing dump and chase was bad enough but trying to do it with smurfs was awful to watch. Has anyone told Fallon that it is a contact sport.
                            I am disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                              I am very disappointed. Not in losing, as they were over achieving in my view, but rather because they just didn't show up in the last two periods. Most of them couldn't complete a 10 foot pass, if they were unselfish enough to actually pass.
                              Privittera was awful defensively and but for Paliotta bailing him out, would have been an even bigger disaster. Paliotta is gone next year. Who covers for his horrific defensive deficiencies and judgement errors? Abramson? Pattyn? Beats me.
                              Some of the new forwards have some size and hopefully can play at this level. Playing dump and chase was bad enough but trying to do it with smurfs was awful to watch. Has anyone told Fallon that it is a contact sport.
                              I am disappointed.
                              Privetera made Hamilton look like Scott Stevens.. He made some terrible plays all season ..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                                Privetera made Hamilton look like Scott Stevens.. He made some terrible plays all season ..
                                Funny.....
                                You are right, Hamilton is a wild card when he plays, that's for sure.
                                So, who do you want to see the minutes on the blueline next year, based upon what you have seen this year and what you know of who is coming?

Comment

Working...
                                X