UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

A good game for this early in the season, that could have gone either way. Your goalie played very well, stopping the breakaway was big, we score there and the momentum tilts our way. UVM was quicker to the pucks than we were most of the night. I thought we came out strong in the beginning of the third but the elbowing penalty and subsequent PP goal seemed to take the wind out of our sails. Looking forward to the game tonight at Cheel.

Comment

The teams looked like two very similar teams, perhaps with UVM having a little more speed and scoring potential. Both teams really seem to look solid on defense, limiting chances of the opponent. Your goaltender looked sharp, stopping the two really big chances that the Knights had, including the breakaway. Your power play also came in good, as advertised, with both goals being scored on a man advantage (the first on a quasi-advantage as a CCT player had broken a stick).

I've got to wonder if the too many men penalties are somewhat of a point of emphasis in the HEA this year. I don't think either "needed" to be called although both by letter of the law were infractions. I agree with your announcer, as disheartening as it was, that if it's called in the first, it should be called in the third. The officials also missed a CTH elbowing and a clear cross-check from behind against your guys and an interference call against us, all in the 3rd period. It should be interesting to see what happens with whistle-happy ECAC officials tonight.
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Don't think the HE refs call fewer penalties, last night was a rare quiet game from them but to be honest I didn't see many they missed
        either way.

Was it me or was a lot of players falling last night without being hit? Must be the warm temps made for a chippy ice.

Kinda figured the tight low scoring game would be on Sat not Friday interesting to see how open the game gets in the second
        half tonight when fatigue hits.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

There did seem to be quite a few "ice devils" last night. Maybe it was the unseasonably warm temperatures. On CCT's side, I'd say it was probably partially a result of the first team they've played this season with team speed.

I'll agree that the game was relatively clean as games go. However, I thought they missed a good number of calls in the third, at least one that could/should have been called a major. The announcers for our women's team said Casey didn't seem too happy with the officiating either, so I don't think it was (completely) my green and gold glasses. Either way, you can't blame the officiating when you only get 3 quality scoring chances in a game.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
            There did seem to be quite a few "ice devils" last night.
            Same tonight. Puck bouncing all over. That said the first goal was nice, great pass from Privetera

Comment

Paliotta is having a great game again. Both sides of the puck.

Comment

Excellent road win last night. Santa and the PK were amazing. Looks like the rotation is back for now.

Very nice goal by Irwin he really undressed Perry, hopefully only the beggining from him.

Comment

What a great start to the early season for the Cats. Can't complain with a 3-0 record and 11GF - 3GA. Next up UConn which are 2 very attainable HE pts, hope the guys come out hard and fast from the get go and avoid the 'playing down' phenomenon that we see from time to time.

Kudos to Paliotta and Puskarich in multi point nights again. Paliotta now with 7pts in 3 games leads the team... glad he stuck around for another year
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Guess I was a bit premature on that call to give the full time job to hoff! Oh well, can't complain about two hot goalies...

What's hamiltons deal? Didn't see much of him on Friday and he was out of the lineup on sat, injury? Perhaps he needs to grow his mullet back...

Great start to the season, hopefully we take care of business with uconn.

Was nice to see a fired up student section on Friday, havnt seen one of those in years, hopefully they stick around.

Comment

Nice weekend. Any news on why reynolds and shaw did not dress?

Palliotta is becoming the dominant player we anticipated. Never should have been left off the uscho ten dmen to watch.

Nice to puskarich stay effective. This team has decent depth up front and talented first d line pair. Phillips will only help. Goaltending a clear strength.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                        Nice weekend. Any news on why reynolds and shaw did not dress?

Palliotta is becoming the dominant player we anticipated. Never should have been left off the uscho ten dmen to watch.

Nice to puskarich stay effective. This team has decent depth up front and talented first d line pair. Phillips will only help. Goaltending a clear strength.
                        In the pre game interview Senddon said that the game Friday night left a few players banged up and they have the depth to rotate some other players in. Reynolds took a puck to the head / neck and Shaw pounded people around like usual and had a decent spill or two. I'm willing to bet we see them again before long. Coming into the season I was nervous about forwards but they seem fine. We still have Forg who isn't flashy but always plays smart and Senkbeil who I expect can be a punishing member of a checking line, maybe more. Happy about the depth.

Seems like less pressure on the forwards this year too. Hoffman, Santa, Paliotta, and Privitera are standing out but I give credit to all of them. Excited to see what Phillips can bring to the action.

Comment

First 3-0 start since 2005 ... that year they actually started 7-0 and were 13-4-1(5-3-1 in HEA)) at New Years but faded in the second half, lost at BC in the HEA quarterfinals, and didn't get an NCAA bid.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            First 3-0 start since 2005 ... that year they actually started 7-0 and were 13-4-1(5-3-1 in HEA)) at New Years but faded in the second half, lost at BC in the HEA quarterfinals, and didn't get an NCAA bid.
                            True the front end of this schedule isn't the strongest. I would guess 5-2-1 in the next 7 games.. assuming they continue to play like Saturday.. They were solid through most of the game. The pass from Privetera to Mario was great. He saw the ice, passed on the shot and found him wide open.

This is a much better team so far than last year. The D is where it is most evident. I still prefer Muscoby over either Pattyn or Hamilton at this point. He is rarely out of place, makes the smart pass (99 percent of the time), just plays well.
                            Last edited by Kdaddy1968; 10-19-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Put this in the its "way to soon but nice anyway" catagory

Vermont is now #3 in both RPI and Pairwise.

Now maybe we can crack the top 20.

Comment

So we have another D coming in January. Former PC and BU recruit.... Nothing too impressive in offensive numbers but must be decent to have been an BU recruit. Anyone have any insights?

I like five of our six D currently, I assume Phillips knocks one to the bench when he become eligible, I hope its the one that sat Saturday.... Until his defensive liabilities are repaired anyway.

Go Cats.

Comment

Working...
                                X