Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Stats say this game shouldn't even be close

Goals Per Game UVM = 3.12 (5th) PC = 1.88 (11th)
    Goals Against Per Game UVM = 1.62 (1st) PC = 2.75 (7th)
    Power Play Percentage UVM = 20.0% (2nd) PC = 7.1% (12th)
    Penalty Kill Percentage UVM = 92.9% (1st) PC = 74.3% (11th)

What's interesting to note here is that UVM's SOS is 19th, PC is 20th so these numbers are not hugely skewed by opponents. That said, stats mean absolutely nothing regarding on ice outcomes...

Cat's need to keep the train rolling along, come out strong and just keep working.
    Look at the home and away. PC has not been home much and they always bring their A game for the cats. 1 win in last 8 for cats. Very ugly. Maurmen has killed us. Need our best effort. Thinking split would be fine result. Need to finish chances and be relentless buzzer to buzzer go cats

Comment

• Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
      Look at the home and away. PC has not been home much and they always bring their A game for the cats. 1 win in last 8 for cats. Very ugly. Maurmen has killed us. Need our best effort. Thinking split would be fine result. Need to finish chances and be relentless buzzer to buzzer go cats

PC has been dominant over the cats of late, but this team is a much different team then we have had in the past 3 years.... prior to last year they were easy wins for PC. Maurmen has had their number for sure, that said in 8 games he has exactly 2 assists which both came on the opening weekend. He hasn't recorded a point in 6 games now, he must be hurt or just fighting the puck.

Cats definitely to bring their A game either way.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Nice call there jcarter

Comment

Was not the effort I drove 4 hours to see, here is why we lost

1. Power play....it stunk...no zone time and terrible break outs.

2. Soft goals....1st and 3rd were weak. I will give a pass on the 3rd as Hoff just got run by PC player, 2nd goal
          was a very poorly defended 3 on 2.

3. Blind Refs.....3 Cats got hurt and no calls on any and I have major beefs on two.
          First how is a player allowed to run the goalie and there is no call? Either we pushed him in and its a call on us or its a call on him
          otherwise its just a free shot on the goalie. And the last one on Jarred.....sorry this was the worst not because the ref missed it
          I know center ice is so hard to see but after the whistle the four refs got together and took several minutes before
          still calling NOTHING.....if no one saw anything the meeting should take 10 seconds not 2 minutes, just rubs the bad call in even more.

4. The crowd....there was none.

5. The band....was ok and loud(those amps sure help) but no one there seemed to care (comical really)

6. Poor selection at concessions....about half of what we get at home and that's saying something

On the good side the arena looks much better than the last time I was there 7 years ago, money spent
          well. And the scenery was nice.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• I watched on line. Embarrassing. Not much else to say. Last year uvm dominated in a Friday night loss. Will be very interesting to see if cats show up tonight

Comment

looking at the records of the teams we have played I dont think UVM is as good as the record indicates. yes they look dominant against bad teams but that is what we have played except ND and PC who both handled us. Maine simply is not good, neither is Clarkson. Northeastern is possibly the worst team in the country. That is five of six wins. Uconn is not great either, just good goaltender. PC dominated last night. I hope I'm wrong but I dont see a split coming tonight. Cats need Phillips and Forgionne back to help improve the offense..... I see the Cats as a bubble tournament team

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                Was not the effort I drove 4 hours to see, here is why we lost

1. Power play....it stunk...no zone time and terrible break outs.

2. Soft goals....1st and 3rd were weak. I will give a pass on the 3rd as Hoff just got run by PC player, 2nd goal
                was a very poorly defended 3 on 2.

3. Blind Refs.....3 Cats got hurt and no calls on any and I have major beefs on two.
                First how is a player allowed to run the goalie and there is no call? Either we pushed him in and its a call on us or its a call on him
                otherwise its just a free shot on the goalie. And the last one on Jarred.....sorry this was the worst not because the ref missed it
                I know center ice is so hard to see but after the whistle the four refs got together and took several minutes before
                still calling NOTHING.....if no one saw anything the meeting should take 10 seconds not 2 minutes, just rubs the bad call in even more.

4. The crowd....there was none.

5. The band....was ok and loud(those amps sure help) but no one there seemed to care (comical really)

6. Poor selection at concessions....about half of what we get at home and that's saying something

On the good side the arena looks much better than the last time I was there 7 years ago, money spent
                well. And the scenery was nice.
                You left out the part about Deliverance being filmed in Burlington Vt and it was a ducumentary

Comment

looking at the records of the teams we have played I dont think UVM is as good as the record indicates. yes they look dominant against bad teams but that is what we have played except ND and PC who both handled us. Maine simply is not good, neither is Clarkson. Northeastern is possibly the worst team in the country. That is five of six wins. Uconn is not great either, just good goaltender. PC dominated last night. I hope I'm wrong but I dont see a split coming tonight. Cats need Phillips and Forgionne back to help improve the offense..... I see the Cats as a bubble tournament team
                  It will be interesting to see how they do at home vs a good team. They did outplay ND so that one I take as "puck luck".. they were outplayed last night. Pattyn is the odd man out 2nd semester (Hamilton missed his man on the 1st goal as well). Muscoby played well so I think he stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    You left out the part about Deliverance being filmed in Burlington Vt and it was a ducumentary
                    You really have no life.. If you said St Albans ..maybe..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      St Albans

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                        St. Johnsbury would be even better.

Comment

I agree with much of what you said, but I think we all got a bit carried away with the Cats start and gaudy #10 ranking. It's a long season and there will be times we get spanked and, hopefully, times we do the spanking. I do, however, get the sense that this team is better than previous iterations, including last year's NCAA tourney team. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Cats come back and take tonight's game, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them lay another egg. The season is young and I think we'll ultimately be one of the team's left standing at the end of it. Didn't see the game last night, so I don't know if any of the goals were Hoff's fault, but I'd like to see Santa get the start tonight. Go Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            St. Johnsbury would be even better.
                            Fair enough. I was trying to keep it close to BTV...

Comment

• Nice resiliency after last night to comeback to beat the pre- season # 1 team in their barn.

Comment

• Nice work to scratch out a w. Liked that alex p. Block at the end. This team needs another finisher. So many chances. Credit to Santa for a good game and the entire team for resiliency.

Comment

Working...
                                X