UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

The coaches job is to get the best players possible no matter what class his current players belongs too. If
    you have a chance to get a great goalie why not take him, its not like this is the Packers/Colts drafting a QB in
    round one and wasting a pick. Upgrade if you can as players have nothing keeping them from leaving so
    the coach has to be proactive. Also If he is a very good goalie better have him on our bench than on another team.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...ated/22476205/
      ..and Hoff is back!! All is kumbaya again.

Wouldn't read much into the goalie recruit. Heisenberg & company are all guessing at when any recruit will come and only really know if they don't have any eligibility left. In the end will likely be the kid's decision if he wants to come with 2-3 incumbents or more of a clean slate.

Comment

Originally posted by VTinNY View Post
        http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...ated/22476205/
        ..and Hoff is back!! All is kumbaya again.

Wouldn't read much into the goalie recruit. Heisenberg & company are all guessing at when any recruit will come and only really know if they don't have any eligibility left. In the end will likely be the kid's decision if he wants to come with 2-3 incumbents or more of a clean slate.
        '
        Ok. Next time it should go like this: Ted Ryan: " I noticed Hoffman wasn't dressed tonight after what appeared to be a temper tantrum from being pulled last night?" Kevin Sneddon: "Ted that's a TEAM (Family) issue I have no comment".

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
          '
          Ok. Next time it should go like this: Ted Ryan: " I noticed Hoffman wasn't dressed tonight after what appeared to be a temper tantrum from being pulled last night?" Kevin Sneddon: "Ted that's a TEAM (Family) issue I have no comment".
          I agree 100%.

Honestly I see no benefit in "transparency" and all that with regards to this situation. Talk to the team and captain first... figure out what the appropriate response is and dish it out. If you want to suspend Hoff for > 1 game be transparent then.

There was no reason for Sneddon to come out with the statements he did about Hoffman's place on the team or commitment to that family when he did. If it was an issue the team and "family" needed to deal with make a public statement then.

Comment

I think you keep your head about better than most and certainly better than me but it is just flat out wrong what Sneddon gets away with turning over kids. These kids make what they think is a life decision to come here and he treats them like they are migrant workers.
            I'll take that as a compliment.

Originally posted by 4th liner View Post
            Question: Where is it listed that Lekkas is definitely coming next year? I've seen him listed frequently for 2015 or 2016 and has been right along. That seems to indicate maybe UVM was protecting itself that if a goalie left after this year, as some juniors do before their senior year, UVM would then have a third goalie ready. If no one left, Lekkas would wait a year and be in line after Hoffman's graduation.

Also haven't seen Egle or Plitt listed on some reliable recruit lists, such as Heisenberg.

When a recruit comes is a definite, and it's certainly possible that the website/reports that listed him as coming in next year may have been wrong. An enrollment date is always a guess when it comes to recruits.

It is rare for a goalie to leave early. Frankly there is no reason to, just look at some of the goalies that have left HE in the past decade after 4 years and whether they made it to the NHL. Those leaving early... well I think you can count those on 1 hand.

I have heard that Egle has been denied admissions, so he probably isn't coming, haven't heard anything regarding the Plitt kid. That list is something I put together at the beginning of the academic year and simply update the stats. It's not like we as a group get too overly into recruits, certainly not like other fans who keep whole threads running on the topic. Feel free to edit that list.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Decided like 10 minutes ago to shoot down to Philly for the Penn State game tomorrow...

anyone else headed over there?

Comment

Hate to say it, but we pretty much suck right now. Was the first half of the season a dream? Unless something changes, don't see the Cats doing anything post-season in HE, or playing in the NCAAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  Hate to say it, but we pretty much suck right now. Was the first half of the season a dream? Unless something changes, don't see the Cats doing anything post-season in HE, or playing in the NCAAs.
                  No first half was KRACH schedule strength 53 of 59. Win percentage only holds you up in pairwise so long until common opponents takes over. And Penn State is a good team this year. Very well coached

Comment

No first half was KRACH schedule strength 53 of 59. Win percentage only holds you up in pairwise so long until common opponents takes over. And Penn State is a good team this year. Very well coached
                    Penn State is not a good team they are an average team that has played a very weak schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAAfan500 View Post
                      Penn State is not a good team they are an average team that has played a very weak schedule.
                      Well they have 6 wins against quality opponents with a winning record including Michigan thus the drop in pairwise for us after loss

Comment

Really tough one yesterday. I thought we were in control of the game for the first 30 min, although PSU was very physical throughout.

Last 30 min:
                        5 v 3 PP to start the third period was pathetic.

Created few chances, got dominated physically, turnovers in the defensive zone ... stop me if you've heard this before.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          I'm ready to agree after seeing the same Saturday. Lately we play to the level just below what's required to beat the team we're playing. I wonder what happened over Christmas break. Injuries? Add a couple of high profile frosh D and the team chemistry goes down the tubes? What?

Penn State reminded me of UVM when they joined Hockey East. Their goal seemed great, perhaps not Joe Fallon level but he did a great job. They got the puck out of their D zone very quickly, made the UVM fore check look like a joke. They managed to dominate the 3rd period...? Seriously? UVM doesn't blow leads and they don't get dominated in the 3rd. What's going on!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
                            I'm ready to agree after seeing the same Saturday. Lately we play to the level just below what's required to beat the team we're playing. I wonder what happened over Christmas break. Injuries? Add a couple of high profile frosh D and the team chemistry goes down the tubes? What?

Penn State reminded me of UVM when they joined Hockey East. Their goal seemed great, perhaps not Joe Fallon level but he did a great job. They got the puck out of their D zone very quickly, made the UVM fore check look like a joke. They managed to dominate the 3rd period...? Seriously? UVM doesn't blow leads and they don't get dominated in the 3rd. What's going on!?
                            Also, I'm not normally one to hate on a specific player, but what was the deal with Kevin Irwin last weekend? I was optimistic early in the season he was going to be a great player for the team. Against Penn State he did a few things to make me not impressed. Couldn't get the puck through the neutral zone, generally seemed to get handled pretty well, took the penalty that allowed Penn State to tie the game. I'm not saying it was all his fault but I'm start to cringe when I see his name on the line up sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post

I find it hard to believe that team chemistry is an issue. Neither Phillips nor Abramson get played enought to cause the problem. It is still the Paliotta and Privittera show with some help from Luukko. As I have said before, Privittera is gifted offensivley and below average defensively Paliotta is a force offensively and average defensively. They play most of every pp and pk and take a regular shift, and then some. They are not that good. On top, playing 30 minutes a game makes them tired by the third period. Big problem.
                              As for the forwards, lack of committed effort, lack of size and lack of passing to players moving to open ice is enough to do them in against decent opposition. UConn is having success because they have a lights out goalie, are going like crazy the whole game and are big and make opposing players pay the price to win the puck.
                              The quality of opposition in the second half is just too good for the way they are playing now and the way the coach is deploying them.
                              Too bad.

Comment

The run the Cats had to start the seaon was part schedule part puck luck and mostly team CONFIDENCE.

On the current run we are playing tougher teams not getting any puck luck or replay luck(BU weekend esp) and the
                                tean seems to have lost most of its confidence in the off zone, almost all of the goals are coming from the blueline or
                                on the PP.

I have always said if you want players to score more especally if you have the non-sniper type like we do is the players
                                must have chemistry with the players on thier line. Think of the 4th line last year and how they excelled as a unit. Right
                                now we dont have any lines or even pair of players that seem to have a great connection. This team was relying on outworking
                                other teams not out-executing them and it was fine vs that early schedule but not vs the top teams. This is most noticed on our
                                odd number rushes which too often dont even result in a shot on net.

When was the last time you saw us score an easy 5 on 5 goal? Or a breakaway?

Thats just my opinion.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X