Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
    In my opinion, UAA should appeal this suspension.
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I hope there is an appeal as well, harsh punishment for something that, according to consensus opinion, was not an egregious hit.
    Yes it's a raw deal for Brett and the team, as it does seem that the majority believe it was a clean hit that became worse than it should have. Perhaps if Davison had had his helmet secured as it should have been than it wouldn't have come flying off so easily.

That being said, I wouldn't hold out hope for an appeal since it looks like the UAA AD has already been quoted in favor of the suspension: "It’s unfortunate that Brett has received this one-game suspension, but I agree that the WCHA is doing the right thing by limiting contact to the head and emphasizing the health and safety of the student-athletes,” said UAA Athletic Director Keith Hackett

Comment

Originally posted by bostonbruins View Post
      I'm considering making the trek north to Fairbanks on Friday. I haven't decided if I'm going to fly up or make the drive however if someone wanted to split the gas I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I'm willing to meet up for a beer this week that way we aren't complete strangers prior to driving north. Feel free to email me if you are interested edhardon@gmail.com.
      If you're thinking of making the trip, Shawna Palmer at UAA has tickets for the games that can save you a few bucks. I think all of the seats were in the mezzanine near one end of the rink ($38 for both nights)

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
        If you're thinking of making the trip, Shawna Palmer at UAA has tickets for the games that can save you a few bucks. I think all of the seats were in the mezzanine near one end of the rink ($38 for both nights)
        Thank you! Do I just contact her at the athletic department?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonbruins View Post
          Thank you! Do I just contact her at the athletic department?
          That would probably be your best bet. shawna@uaa.alaska.edu or 907-786-6163. She has the tickets at the Alaska Airlines Center and she can only take cash or checks (no plastic...)

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
            That would probably be your best bet. shawna@uaa.alaska.edu or 907-786-6163. She has the tickets at the Alaska Airlines Center and she can only take cash or checks (no plastic...)
            Perfect, thanks.

Comment

Brett Cameron suspended by the WCHA for the hit on Saturday. Will miss the Penn State game.
              Believe that the WCHA just wanted to make a statement at the start of the season and they picked Brett as their example. Something like a new teacher making an example of the first student that acts up or a policeman giving a speeding ticket to get the cars to slow up. If it wouldn't have been Brett it would have been someone else in these first weeks of the season. I am sure it will get the UAA players that didn't suit up this last weekend playing to get that empty slot on Friday.
              Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                …where porta potties are considered a luxury.

Air Force comes in with a split with Mercyhurst (5-1, 2-4).
                Penn State has a tie/win against Connecticut (2-2, 7-1).
                UAA beat Maine (3-1) and Wisconsin (4-2) in their Kendall Classic.
                UAF beat Wisconsin (1-0) and Maine (5-2) in the Kendall Classic.

Will UAF be a gracious host to their Ex-Coach?
                Will Eielson Air Force Base personnel come out in support of the cadets?
                Will Tyler Morley play for the host team?
                Will any UAA fan read the tournament rule book in advance?

Go Nooks!
                You forgot to add:

Will UA_ change the rules in order to win their tournament?

Serious question. UAA has this on Facebook concerning the Goal Rush:

Active or retired Air Force can receive free general admission tickets with their military ID.
                Is this a promo that UA_ has, and is it military appreciation night?
                Last edited by Suze; 10-14-2014, 12:37 AM.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  ...Is this a promo that UA_ has, and is it military appreciation night?

Yes. From today's Daily Newsminer article...

"In honor of Air Force playing in the tournament, all Air Force members will receive free admission to the games at the Carlson Center. Active duty Air Force, Air National Guard, retired Air Force members and dependents can get in with their Air Force ID".

HERE is the link to today's short article on Air Force.

Comment

I watched the replay of Penn State's win over UConn on Sunday. They aren't terrible. Gadz' guys are very young, and their systems are still in progress. Seems like they play with a lot of speed for the sake of playing with a lot of speed. Sometimes the game gets a little ahead of them still, and they are a mess in transition. Will be interesting to see if that changes in a week.
                    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Will this tournament be so well planned and organized that it has to resort to portable showers for Air Force and Penn State?
                      Last edited by Dirty; 10-14-2014, 12:42 PM.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Will this tournament be so well planned and organized that is has to resort to portable showers for Air Force and Penn State?
                        Are you still recovering from the 5-1 spanking that Bemidji put on your ... ummm ... what was your mascot again?
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Will this tournament be so well planned and organized that is has to resort to portable showers for Air Force and Penn State?
                          Who needs portable showers when your arena is next to a river?
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Who needs portable showers when your arena is next to a river?
                            Chop a hole in the ice and jump right in.
                            Invigorating!!!
                            Seriously, what is the setup?
                            And how do other venues host 4 teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Are you still recovering from the 5-1 spanking that Bemidji put on your ... ummm ... what was your mascot again?
                              That really has nothing to do with the Brice Alaska Goal Rush tournament. Stop your thread drifting antic attempts!
                              Last edited by Dirty; 10-14-2014, 12:57 PM.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That really has nothing to do with the Brice Alaska Goal Rush tournament.
                                And neither do you.

Comment

Working...
                                X