Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

The hope of a turnaround has all but evaporated. Injuries are exacerbating the misery as momentum to the downside accelerates. The scoring drought is perverse. Puck luck seems as likely as a palm tree in Schenectady.
    But for the first period, not a bad showing. However, if the cavalry does arrive (winning the ECAC tournament), it will be a miracle. Sub .500 is more uncomfortable than sub zero upstate!
    Last edited by Miami Ice; 02-21-2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
      As for this weekend, I'm hoping A) the team scores a goal, and B) they somehow keep the games respectable.
      Well, they marginally accomplished B but still waiting on A.. The boys did pull it together after the first period, but still were outplayed for most of the night. Meanwhile Brown is on a tear and is now only 2 points back.. finishing 11th would not be pretty but looks ever possible .
      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Bennett and Cruice in for Hynes and Roy.

Comment

Good solid hitting against the biggest team in College Hockey. In the last three games we blocked 48 shots, gave up 5. In the previous three we blocked 17 giving up 10. Last year about this time we throwing our bodies at everything that looked like a puck. During the stretch this year where we were 3-1-1 we blocked 70. We are definately stepping it up defensively. Last year down the stretch, expecially in the FF4 we were getting back on defense and clogging the lanes.

Hope we draw Cornell in the first round.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 02-22-2015, 05:20 AM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

RB states that hot goaltenders have presented high hurdles during the recent swoon. SLU's is the best in the country; advantage SLU next weekend. Clarkson is probably a toss up.
            RB states recent headwinds are good preparation for the playoffs. In that case the Dutchmen look to be one of the best prepared teams! Can't wait for them! Good riddance to a season of Mr. Murphy and "mananas."
            Does Philadelphia seem like an eternity ago? Can still hear Buccigross' echoes.
            Last edited by Miami Ice; 02-22-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

We score a goal !!!!!!!!!!! I'm celebrating today
              We need our defense to go to defense camp this summer. Then we'll be good. Otherwise, I foresee another half a year to a year before they're ready. And lots of video too, I'm not sure they all have a good vision of the game. It seems that they're not looking at the big picture, but when under pressure, they just pass as they were told to (back to the point) without thinking. The good news is that you can teach this, or a lot of it anyways. They really have improved quite a bit, but every mistakes bites you in the backside hard every time.
              And Eli needs to go to passing camp. I'd love to see his passing stats; actually, I really don't.
              Other than that, RB is partially correct : We've hit a few goalies on fire. That's demoralizing. But we also need forwards to put the garbage in the net, like Daniel Carr used to do. When you're 2 feet in front of the net, you must be able to get the puck to the water bottle, not just poke it or lift it 2 inches above the ice.
              Let's go Union !
              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Just a quick question. Is Whollin1 ok? I have not see him post in quite along time. W1 I hope this finds you well.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Just a quick question. Is Whollin1 ok? I have not see him post in quite along time. W1 I hope this finds you well.
                  Not to betray any confidences, but he is fine.. amazingly some people have lives beyond this board that at times take precedent over commenting on the prowess (or lack thereof) of college hockey teams. I wouldn't know what that is like, though my wife wishes otherwise .
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

This is new territory for us. This weekend will be the last at ACHILLES CENTER for the seniors. One of the games has got to be seniors night? The coaches are certainly not giving any hint that the season might be over in 4 games? Does RB have something up his sleeve? Are the leaders ready to call it a season?
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                      Not to betray any confidences, but he is fine.. amazingly some people have lives beyond this board that at times take precedent over commenting on the prowess (or lack thereof) of college hockey teams. I wouldn't know what that is like, though my wife wishes otherwise .
                      While on the subject, hopefully SlyFoxMan is also OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                        Exactly. Nobody outside of the BU/BCs of the country is going to set the world on fire with seven freshmen in the lineup. The injuries and lack of development from the returnees just set things back even worse.
                        Not that I disagree entirely, but the most frequent SLU roster has 8 first year players (one, Horn, is a soph transfer) and 6 sophomores, which if including our solid #2 goalie would make 7. ECAC teams have to work harder, but SLU is where it is because of the last two classes and should be better next year.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Please send my regards.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I realize that he has left school, but this video about Kevin Shier may be of interest http://www.tsn.ca/video/tsn-original...ailer-1.213547. It is apparently a trailer for a longer TSN.CA program.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                              Not that I disagree entirely, but the most frequent SLU roster has 8 first year players (one, Horn, is a soph transfer) and 6 sophomores, which if including our solid #2 goalie would make 7. ECAC teams have to work harder, but SLU is where it is because of the last two classes and should be better next year.
                              Greg Carvel has clearly done a great job with that group and has probably garnered several votes for CoTY.

Us Union fans can make all the excuses we want, but it boils down to executing and performance on the ice. Guys like Ciampini & Vecchione can't be blamed for Union's lack of success this year, but we all thought offense wasn't going to be an issue...which it wasn't...until now. Losing Bodie & Ghost hurt us in a number of ways, but losing the role players like Sullivan & Ikkala probably hurt more than people thought it would. Those two were arguably the unsung heroes of Union's championship run with their on-ice (and probably off-ice) leadership, combined with their grinding, work-ethic style of play. When you don't replace that, you're in trouble.

I do feel a little for Champ, Coatta, Novak, & Stevens - their senior year was quite anti-climactic compared to their junior year, but they will still have that trophy to look upon.

What I do like is the freshmen are starting to improve - Brassard, Desimone, & Scarfo have shown me something over the past month. I just hope with the incoming freshmen on D next year, we'll have a solid group of d-men, combined with the return to form (hopefully) of Taylor & Gingras.
                              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                                Greg Carvel has clearly done a great job with that group and has probably garnered several votes for CoTY.
                                A few votes? ... Not only should he get a few votes, he hands down should win the COTY. Absolutely 100% no questions asked about that one! The transformation of that team from one year to the next, after losing a tremendous amount of talent is astounding!! We went from the worst defensive team in the country to one of the best in one year, with a young defensive core to boot. Plus, he has that team ready to play each and every game at a level has many have not been able to match of late. Picked to finish 11th and finished in 2nd ... Yeah, to me, it seems like a pretty obvious choice?
                                St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                                4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                                2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                                16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                                9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                                2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Working...
                                X