X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2014-15: Semi-colons make things seem important

**** right. but why settle for three?

John Buccigross @Buccigross · 8 hours ago
    Those who have seen them say Michigan Tech, Bowling Green, and Mankato are all legitimate NCAA tourney teams out of the WCHA.
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

• Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post

Those who have seen them say Michigan Tech, Bowling Green, and Mankato are all legitimate NCAA tourney teams out of the WCHA.
      If Bueller ever finds an offense, it may be four.

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post

According to these guys the WCHA is like the SEC West. We've 3 of the top 4 spots.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...yrankings.html

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
          According to these guys the WCHA is like the SEC West. We've 3 of the top 4 spots.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...yrankings.html
          So now we have another ranking system that means absolutely nothing. Some team will finish in the top 16 in this meaningless system and a few of their fans will be all wound up because their team does not make the tournament.

USCHO has the current pairwise (which means nothing at this time of year) up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
            It's still more accurate than the polls.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
              So now we have another ranking system that means absolutely nothing. Some team will finish in the top 16 in this meaningless system and a few of their fans will be all wound up because their team does not make the tournament.

I'm sure there are other polls out there. I found this one when I was looking at NHL and NFL playoff stuff.

Comment

Enjoy guys:
                http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...151427147.html

Already been a twitter war over this between the author and Shane Frederick.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Enjoy guys:
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...151427147.html

Already been a twitter war over this between the author and Shane Frederick.
                  Lambert doesn't know d*ck about college hockey. How he's the resident "NCAA expert" on Puck Daddy is embarrassing.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'll save the page clicks for everyone.

tl;dr = Ryan Lambert thinks the WCHA is worse than the AHA, doesn't understand how the PWR works.

Right now, some of the best teams in the nation — on paper anyway — are in these conferences. The only two undefeated teams left are Michigan Tech and Robert Morris, which are a combined 15-0-1. Northern is now 6-1-1. Bowling Green is 7-2-1. Minnesota State is 7-3. The reason for this is that these teams tend to play easy schedules from October to February, and those that can play well, have some talent, and get good coaching are going to have success.

The only thing that will convince me these teams are actually going to be capable of winning games against legitimate NCAA-caliber teams is when they do it. Bowling Green split with Miami? Fair enough, but do it for more than one weekend. Minnesota State split with Duluth? Good stuff, show me more.

The WCHA: Sometimes we beat "NCAA Caliber Teams."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      I'll save the page clicks for everyone.

tl;dr = Ryan Lambert thinks the WCHA is worse than the AHA, doesn't understand how the PWR works.

The WCHA: Sometimes we beat "NCAA Caliber Teams."
                      I don't understand how the WCHA gets the tag of AHA of the West when its way more comparable to the ECAC.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

He wants Minnesota State to "show me more" than a split with Duluth - and then he ranks UNO 3 spots ahead of Kato. If only those 2 teams had played, maybe even in Omaha, so we could show him something.

I do wish Shane the best in starting a discussion with him, but Shane's going to learn how hard it is to argue with an idiot. Idiots aren't bound by facts or logic, so they start with a big advantage in any debate.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          He wants Minnesota State to "show me more" than a split with Duluth - and then he ranks UNO 3 spots ahead of Kato. If only those 2 teams had played, maybe even in Omaha, so we could show him something.

I do wish Shane the best in starting a discussion with him, but Shane's going to learn how hard it is to argue with an idiot. Idiots aren't bound by facts or logic, so they start with a big advantage in any debate.
                          It's exactly what I expect. I told another MTU poster that after we sweep Michigan we still won't get any respect because Michigan will be in a "down year" at 2-5. According to a guy like Ryan, the MTU sweep of Michigan says more about Michigan sucking than MTU being any good. But I highly doubt anyone would be saying Michigan was down if they were 4-3 with an opening night loss to FSU and split with UNH and win vs UML and loss vs BU.

Comment

The fact this guy is based in Boston tells you all you need to know.

Comment

even though we are in the cupcake league playing cupcake teams until March he still ranks us 5th? which is it?
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It is frustrating knowing that someone that is so incompetent is allowed to write for a national publication like that. If I was that bad at my job, I'd be an SCSU alum. The guy couldn't find his *** with a Garmin.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X