X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2014-15: Semi-colons make things seem important

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I'm going to repost this here, I also posted it in the Arizona State thread.

From Let's Play Hockey (a pretty reputable source)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/ni...hange-20141005
    on October 5, 2014 - 12:01 AM

"Western New Yorkers can put the idea of the University at Buffalo adding Division I hockey on the back burner. Athletic director Danny White has said there are no plans to consider adding the sport.

“I get the question all the time,” White said. “Does it make sense? Yeah. It’s the No. 1 hockey market in the country. Sure it makes a lot of sense. But we’re not going to realize our potential until we figure out this football thing, figure out how to consistently be competitive in football and be good at all the sports we have. When we do that, we’ll generate more revenue and maybe we’ll be in a different position. But right now, I don’t see how it’s something we could look at realistically.“

but here's hoping they eventually figure out a way to do it.
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Arizona State is far more likely to end up in the Nacho, replacing Western and/or Miami.

This has been rumored for so long though, that I will believe it when it's officially announced.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Arizona State is far more likely to end up in the Nacho, replacing Western and/or Miami.

This has been rumored for so long though, that I will believe it when it's officially announced.
        Well, I'm thinking about going to see my team play at Pedo State in January, so anything is possible I guess....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          If Alaska finishes top-8, the #9 team will make the tournament.
          Regarding our banishment from the WCHA playoffs, it unfortunately makes sense considering the circumstances. The last thing the WCHA wants is for UAF to win the conference and screw the conference out of an auto bid to the NCAA tourney.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I agree. I just saw those tweets pop up, and thought it was worth mentioning. I'm not holding my breath, and I agree, ASU would be Nacho-bound, lots of frat-boy fist-pumpers at that school. It'd be a good fit.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I'm going to repost this here, I also posted it in the Arizona State thread.
              From Let's Play Hockey (a pretty reputable source)

This would be huge. As big as Pegula. Levin has money to burn, and basically uses the Chicago Wolves as a toy. From what I've heard from fans that were at the start of the team, he started the Wolves to have winning hockey in Chicagoland and create an inexpensive alternative to the NHL. The fanbase was built upon bitter Blackhawk fans who despised the way "Dollar Bill Wirtz" ran the Blackhawks.

Levin builds winning teams, but it would be interesting to see how he would build a winning program while being handicapped by the NCAA rules.

With Levin at the helm, they're (as others noted) likely an NCHC team.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Congratulations to MTU! Great start to the season! Keep it up until you face my Mavs!

Comment

Buffalo's club team is not even close to level of ASU. A decade or more away from going NCAA, easy.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                    Buffalo's club team is not even close to level of ASU. A decade or more away from going NCAA, easy.
                    Having witnessed them get walloped by Oakland 13-1 (IIRC), I would agree. However, it's been stated before and is true - ACHA teams do not go NCAA D1; Division 1 teams are built from the ground up.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Having witnessed them get walloped by Oakland 13-1 (IIRC), I would agree. However, it's been stated before and is true - ACHA teams do not go NCAA D1; Division 1 teams are built from the ground up.
                      I know, I was there doing Public Address.
                      For the most part, yes, the ACHA team does not translate to the NCAA D1. This was not the case with Penn State. At least 7 players that I know of - maybe as many as 10, played ACHA and continued with the team to NCAA D1.

I also know this because I saw that Penn State team lose to Oakland in the National Semifinal in Strongsville, OH. Jordan MacDonald's 4-goal effort beat the Lions in the greatest individual performance I had seen since Colin Murphy in 2003.
                      Last edited by HuskyNation; 11-07-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                        I know, I was there doing Public Address.
                        For the most part, yes, the ACHA team does not translate to the NCAA D1. This was not the case with Penn State. At least 7 players that I know of - maybe as many as 10, played ACHA and continued with the team to NCAA D1.

I also know this because I saw that Penn State team lose to Oakland in the National Semifinal in Strongsville, OH. Jordan MacDonald's 4-goal effort beat the Lions in the greatest individual performance I had seen since Colin Murphy in 2003.
                        I assume you haven't forgotten I was standing behind the announcer's table with you and Mel.

In Penn State's case, didn't they announce they were going D1, and hire Gadowsky, a year before it happened? Pretty easy recruiting pitch for Guy there.

Comment

Congrats to UAH for getting on the non-conference win bandwagon!
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Woohoo!
                            Michael Napier - UAH '97
                            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Hear, hear!

Comment

Very glad to see UAH win one. I expect some poor WCHA team is going to wake up the next morning wondering what the heck happened as well.

It's good for the pwr of the league for sure. Now if we can just get Mankato to win a non con game we would be good.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X