X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    It's 2nd semester which means Eichel has stopped going to class. 1 and done!
    Wow, you must have spent your entire Xmas break to come up with that troll post. Nicely done.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Wow, you must have spent your entire Xmas break to come up with that troll post. Nicely done.
      Nope. Just like Kentucky hoops. Think any of those frosh going to class?
      Last edited by bothman; 01-10-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

No one is going to class as classes haven't started yet!

Comment

Bothman can def be a dink but hey good for him that ted donato has finally found a nut!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Bothman can def be a dink but hey good for him that ted donato has finally found a nut!
            It's why Matthews won't end up at BC. York does not run a mercenary program. BU is the East's version of North Dakota.

Comment

Not trolling. Just stating the obvious. If you are not comfortable with it, that is your problem.

Comment

A 6-1 win last night and *crickets*? Good to see them come out last night with a decisive win. LaCouvee played a solid game. Glad he was able to get a chance to play.

Big weekend coming up. Dreading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  A 6-1 win last night and *crickets*? Good to see them come out last night with a decisive win. LaCouvee played a solid game. Glad he was able to get a chance to play.

Congrats on the weekend, hope you enjoyed your visit to the capitol of the great state of Wisconsin. You guys broke our hearts on Friday and last night Eichel just took over. I've seen a lot of great players on the ice in Madison over the years, guys like Dany Heatley and Derek Stepan, (the hated) Phil Kessel and Zack Parise, and tons of great D from Chris Chelios to Ryan Suter... all men among boys, but I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone better. Enjoy the next couple of months while you can.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Any word on why TJ Ryan played instead of Diffley? Did O'Connor injure him when he whacked him with the puck for the own goal? Or just a reward for working hard in practice for a guy who played pretty regularly last year?

Uconn beat UML.....quite a first year for them.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Congrats on the weekend, hope you enjoyed your visit to the capitol of the great state of Wisconsin. You guys broke our hearts on Friday and last night Eichel just took over. I've seen a lot of great players on the ice in Madison over the years, guys like Dany Heatley and Derek Stepan, (the hated) Phil Kessel and Zack Parise, and tons of great D from Chris Chelios to Ryan Suter... all men among boys, but I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone better. Enjoy the next couple of months while you can.
                      Thanks Wisko. We had a great time in Madison. It's a fun place. Hope we make it back there soon, preferably when it isn't so cold! Appreciate the kind words. It has been a fun season to date. Who knows what the immediate future holds.

defkit - I think Quinn just wanted to get LaCouvee in for a game. Not many chances the rest of the season to give OC a rest.

Comment

I had a bad feeling about this trip at the start. The friday game made me wonder if we were in for another infamous BU new year slump. Big weekend this coming one too. I might just be conditioned to expect things to start going wrong down the stretch after the last several seasons. Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                          I had a bad feeling about this trip at the start. The friday game made me wonder if we were in for another infamous BU new year slump. Big weekend this coming one too. I might just be conditioned to expect things to start going wrong down the stretch after the last several seasons. Heh.
                          Are you two related?

FWIW, I've been playing the opposite-girl™ thing in my pick'ems for a while now. It works!
                          Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-12-2015, 09:33 AM.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            I enjoyed it a lot more than expected! The downtown area is nice, and the cheese curds were of course delicious.

As for the games, must be a pretty neat atmosphere when all the students are there and class is in session. Sorry about the heart breaking, not sure my heart could have taken much more stress!

LaCouvee was impressive at times. O'Connor needs a leash. Own goal aside, his puck handling decisions were poor Friday and led to some drawn out clears.
                            Last edited by candycanes99; 01-11-2015, 01:42 PM.
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Are you two related?

FWIW, I've been playing the opposite girl thing in my pick'ems for a while now. It works!
                              1) I have yet to see any TM Scarlet from you.

2) the fact that you think you need #OppositeGirl powers is ridiculous as was all the whining and complaining back in November as to how your season was in the toilet. I know, all BU fans know as well as everyone else including all of you that you will be there in the end. And that's not me sandbagging. My #OppositeGirl schtick never works against BC.

Comment

Hey Wisko—

1. Is it standard practice for Wisconsin not to post video highlights of a televised game or was that because it aired on WPTV?
                                2. Is it common for the WPTV broadcasters to sidetrack into stories about past players and refs, and forget about describing the action? After a while it got pretty amusing.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X