This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Terriers drop in my poll. Thanks for reading: http://q30television.com/2014/12/01/...ey-poll-12114/
    Quinnipiac University '15
    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
    ECAC Championship: 2016
    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Ten to one he plays at a higher level pro than any of the current crop
      Very impressed you're able to pick up and move those goalposts all by yourself. Body by Boyle?
      Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Hoky's point about Eichel is not without merit. They wouldn't be nearly as good. However, consider that whoever replaced Eichel on the top line would hardly be John Sabo out there. An O'Regan-Ballllaggereaeon-Oksanen (a much better forward than D man with or without Eichel) line isn't too shabby. Also Rodrigues hasn't been on ice as much with Eichel and is still having a good year. Eichel is taking a lot of shifts because he's the best player in college hockey. There would be a drop off without him, but they'd make up some of the production with the talent they have. Even without Eichel they'd be a winning team, in the running for home ice in HE. With him they d@mn well better win the fvking tournament in the only year he'll be at BU.
        Agreed. That being said there aren't many that can snap a wrist shot and beat a goalie cleanly from that distance like that one Saturday night.
        Last edited by steakbomb; 12-01-2014, 08:41 PM.
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Hoky's point about Eichel is not without merit. They wouldn't be nearly as good. However, consider that whoever replaced Eichel on the top line would hardly be John Sabo out there. An O'Regan-Ballllaggereaeon-Oksanen (a much better forward than D man with or without Eichel) line isn't too shabby. Also Rodrigues hasn't been on ice as much with Eichel and is still having a good year. Eichel is taking a lot of shifts because he's the best player in college hockey. There would be a drop off without him, but they'd make up some of the production with the talent they have. Even without Eichel they'd be a winning team, in the running for home ice in HE. With him they d@mn well better win the fvking tournament in the only year he'll be at BU.
          I'm not quite as optimistic. I'm thinking without Eichel, we are hovering around .500, maybe a game or two under.

Comment

What would BU's record be with two Eichels?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              Eichel needs to go and go #1 in the draft.

And DQ needs to tell Austin Matthews he can do the same if he comes here next yr
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

hoky,

would you be so kind as to give me your opinion or our incoming class for 2015? will this collection along with an extra year under their belt for the Fr class now help replace some of what goes when Eichel gets drafter?

Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson-C
                Sean MacTavish-RW
                Jordan Greenway-LW
                Maxim Letunov-LC
                Charlie McAvoy-RD
                Bobo Carpenter-RC

as always, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Eichel needs to go and go #1 in the draft.

And DQ needs to tell Austin Matthews he can do the same if he comes here next yr
                  You are already ruling out the chance that Matthews loves his week at HAA/WBA later this month so much that he just stays for second semester? Stop sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    You are already ruling out the chance that Matthews loves his week at HAA/WBA later this month so much that he just stays for second semester? Stop sandbagging.
                    he done with high school!?!?!!?!?!? i would love 3 semesters out of him!!!

Comment

I wouldn't trade any of our freshmen for Noonan. Are they all better than him already? No, but Grizz, Somerby, and Diffley, have been IMHO. And Hickey is not far behind. Plus, other than MacLeod, I don't have to worry about dumb penalties. I was honestly as happy to lose Noonan, as I was MacGregor - he just seemed to carry a bad vibe for the team.

Eichel is irreplaceable. Without him, I would guess we'd be at about 7-6 or 6-7. Still better than last year. The Olsson loss has hurt a lot, IMHO.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        hoky,

would you be so kind as to give me your opinion or our incoming class for 2015? will this collection along with an extra year under their belt for the Fr class now help replace some of what goes when Eichel gets drafter?

Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson-C no clue
                        Sean MacTavish-RW solid+
                        Jordan Greenway-LW not suited for D 1, better pro but will be solid
                        Maxim Letunov-LC Very good
                        Charlie McAvoy-RD 85% Prviterra
                        Bobo Carpenter-RC avg, not his sister

as always, thanks!
                        avg class, not as good as BC or Harvards

Comment

Mind Blown

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          hoky,

Don't forget about the losses of Rodrigues and Hohmann. They are a major part of this team even if you don't always notice them.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I wouldn't trade any of our freshmen for Noonan. Are they all better than him already? No, but Grizz, Somerby, and Diffley, have been IMHO. And Hickey is not far behind. Plus, other than MacLeod, I don't have to worry about dumb penalties. I was honestly as happy to lose Noonan, as I was MacGregor - he just seemed to carry a bad vibe for the team.

Eichel is irreplaceable. Without him, I would guess we'd be at about 7-6 or 6-7. Still better than last year. The Olsson loss has hurt a lot, IMHO.
                          I agree (there are definitely some freshman I'd trade for Noonan). Noonan had that one great offensive year as a sophomore and all the sudden everyone started thinking he was a star defenseman. Scoring goals doesn't make you good at defense. I don't understand why no one seems to appreciate a stay-at-home defenseman who doesn't take stupid penalties and keeps the puck away from the net. He definitely provided a physical presence in the d-zone and he could score, but as an actual defenseman, he was overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            avg class, not as good as BC or Harvards
                            You are about to see a solid freshman class with Merrimack as well.

Comment

And what if they played Ditka.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                And what if they played Ditka.
                                Takes 2 2/5 eichels to = 1 ditka

Comment

Working...
                                X