Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    we've yet to hear from hoky

things happen in 3s

think about it

Comment

I think if the Canadian press is going to stir the pot, Eichel should leak to one well known rabble rouser in Canada that he is leaving for the Seadogs after the WJC. Just call him right up and tell him to keep it quiet until after the tournament, that way his source is as good as it gets and the writer will stand by it no matter what. It would end up on the front pages in Canada the next day and get the Canadians frothing at the mouth. Eichel can deny it and the writer will think he is the only one in the know and everyone else is dumb (see freep, Charlie Coyle edition). If he needs any lessons on how to be a liar, Sonny Milano will be there with him to help him through it. Then after the tournament, he can troll Canada by posting a pic of him wearing his gold medal at center ice of HAA in his USA Jersey.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by nick papagiorgio View Post
        i think if the canadian press is going to stir the pot, eichel should leak to one well known rabble rouser in canada that he is leaving for the seadogs after the wjc. Just call him right up and tell him to keep it quiet until after the tournament, that way his source is as good as it gets and the writer will stand by it no matter what. It would end up on the front pages in canada the next day and get the canadians frothing at the mouth. Eichel can deny it and the writer will think he is the only one in the know and everyone else is dumb (see freep, charlie coyle edition). If he needs any lessons on how to be a liar, sonny milano will be there with him to help him through it. Then after the tournament, he can troll canada by posting a pic of him wearing his gold medal at center ice of haa in his usa jersey.
        i flove this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Seriously, we've seen this movie before. The GM of the junior team tells a drinking-buddy scout and/or the toadie reporter, whose livelihood depends on covering that team, that so-and-so, an NCAA player or prospect, remains open to Major Junior and there's a good chance he'll bolt from college and head to the Q for a bigger challenge and greater visibility [hey-stop laughing!]. Social media then amplifies the rumor and soon it's attributed to "reliable" (but unnamed) sources during an agenda-driven podcast and radio shows.
          Same concept you see at play when so called financial "experts" predict a market crash. For 10 straight years some bozo who nobody can figure out how they get quoted all the time will say "BIG DOWNTURN AROUND THE CORNER. I'M INVESTING IN GOLD AND FIREAMRS" or "DOW 50% REDUCTIONS SEEN BY EXPERT IN THE NEAR FUTURE". Of course this is all hooey and nobody holds the reporter/guru responsible. Then one time a wild @ ss guess turns out to be right and its "THIS GUY SAW THE CRASH COMING!!!!!"

Were I working the Canadian Major Juniors beat for beer nuts and tips, I would say EVERY college hockey star is rumored to be leaving for that league. At some point you'll be right, and then maybe you'll parlay that into a actual paying job.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think it was particularly interesting that they mentioned Coyle at the end; clearly trying to stir the pot. While he did leave BU for the Seadogs, he certainly seemed to need a change of scenery and was not exactly lighting it up like Eichel is. Two completely different situations. Are they trying to get Eichel to read the report and plant some seed that maybe leaving would be great because look how great it turned out for Coyle!? It almost seems like it.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I think it was particularly interesting that they mentioned Coyle at the end; clearly trying to stir the pot. While he did leave BU for the Seadogs, he certainly seemed to need a change of scenery and was not exactly lighting it up like Eichel is. Two completely different situations. Are they trying to get Eichel to read the report and plant some seed that maybe leaving would be great because look how great it turned out for Coyle!? It almost seems like it.
              The Canadian media that covers the WJCs and MJs loves to pump their own tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                There were also the factors that Charlie did not fit in and relate well with his teammates, as well as he apparently wasn't a fan of Parker's more reserved offensive system. Neither of these would appear to be the case with Jack. By all accounts I've read, he's a great teammate and gets along well with everyone, and he certainly fits in quite well with Quinn's offensive game plan and doesn't seemed restrained whatsoever.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  ...Parker's more reserved offensive system..
                  You must be a diplomat in real life. How about "constipated offensive system".

As Eichel is 10 times the player Coyle was (and no offense to Coyle who certainly wasn't a bad player) I'm not sure why he'd be taking his cues from him.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

As Eichel is 10 times the player Coyle was (and no offense to Coyle who certainly wasn't a bad player) I'm not sure why he'd be taking his cues from him.
                    Hah, I was being nice. But clearly, Charlie was very much restrained in his style of play by what Parker ran. Of course, that doesn't account for the fact that Charlie had to know how Parker coached before he came here, it certainly was no secret, but Jack's nowhere near in that boat with Quinn, putting the talent level of the two players aside.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

dump & suck was one of my favorite things to come from the parker era

Comment

More on Eichel to MJ
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Hah, I was being nice. But clearly, Charlie was very much restrained in his style of play by what Parker ran. Of course, that doesn't account for the fact that Charlie had to know how Parker coached before he came here, it certainly was no secret, but Jack's nowhere near in that boat with Quinn, putting the talent level of the two players aside.
                          Hmm... me-thinks that Parker's system somehow would not have looked so "constipated" with a guy like Eichel on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Hmm... me-thinks that Parker's system somehow would not have looked so "constipated" with a guy like Eichel on the team.
                            way to go and get rover started....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I think if the Canadian press is going to stir the pot, Eichel should leak to one well known rabble rouser in Canada that he is leaving for the Seadogs after the WJC. Just call him right up and tell him to keep it quiet until after the tournament, that way his source is as good as it gets and the writer will stand by it no matter what. It would end up on the front pages in Canada the next day and get the Canadians frothing at the mouth. Eichel can deny it and the writer will think he is the only one in the know and everyone else is dumb (see freep, Charlie Coyle edition). If he needs any lessons on how to be a liar, Sonny Milano will be there with him to help him through it. Then after the tournament, he can troll Canada by posting a pic of him wearing his gold medal at center ice of HAA in his USA Jersey.
                              Maybe the best post I've read in years. Love it
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

100% not leaving to play in Q, which is below the USHL in pecking order by NHL
                                He would go there before Hicksville Quebec

Comment

Working...
                                X