X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    I would say at least 95% he goes NHL.
    Agreed. I strongly believe the coaching staff's recruiting for next season and beyond is under the assumption Eichel will be one and done.

In looking at BU's projected forward corps next season, Eichel (most likely), Hohmann and Rodrigues depart. Incoming forwards are Carpenter, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Greenway, Letunov and MacTavish. Just based on #s alone it appears there may not be roster space or enough scholarship $ left, even for a top-end talent like Matthews.

Having said that, you can never have too much talent. If Matthews decides the college route is for him and if he really wants to come to BU, then fingers crossed it works out.
    Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 10-30-2014, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
      I would say at least 95% he goes NHL.

In what way would you think?
      I would just think in terms of playing together at World Juniors and being familiar with each other. It also sounded like they took over the BU vs US 18 game. I don't know, from my perspective if you know a great talent like Eichel is going to be somewhere to play with it would only make you be a better player to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        I remember when there was a good looking, witty, intelligent, savvy poster who said 15 years ago that we needed a coaching change because the recruiting sucked and the gameplan was gawdawful. Whoever that poster is, he must be pretty pleased with himself right now.
        thank you. i knew you were paying attention!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
          I would just think in terms of playing together at World Juniors and being familiar with each other. It also sounded like they took over the BU vs US 18 game. I don't know, from my perspective if you know a great talent like Eichel is going to be somewhere to play with it would only make you be a better player to go there.
          if when matthews is ready to decide he sees that eichel came here and did well enough in this environment to go 1 or 2 then there is no reason he would be uncomfortable doing the same. he wouldn't be coming here to play with eichel, but to be able to duplicate what he did.

recall when we were led to believe patrick kane was coming here in january to play out one semester before being drafted. kane instead went MJ because he thought that would be the trick to get him picked first in the draft. if eichel can do that here, that opens up our door for others.

Comment

A big reason Eichel is playing at BU is the opportunity to play a year "at home." Where's this Matthews fella from?

More Eichel talk during Bucci's EEI appearance this morning.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?story...09&src=desktop
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                A big reason Eichel is playing at BU is the opportunity to play a year "at home." Where's this Matthews fella from?

More Eichel talk during Bucci's EEI appearance this morning.
                Auston is from Arizona (can Keith Tkachuk make a call :-))

Eichel is everywhere. Mike Felger asked Cam Neely about him during their weekly interview on 98.5. Cam said he had not seen him, but when asked if the Bruins scouts felt he was worthy of being a first overall pick type of player, Cam said simply, "yes".
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Eichel is everywhere. Mike Felger asked Cam Neely about him during their weekly interview on 98.5. Cam said he had not seen him, but when asked if the Bruins scouts felt he was worthy of being a first overall pick type of player, Cam said simply, "yes".
                  FWIW, the OTB editor believes there's a 2% chance that Matthews plays college hockey. Until the past week or so, I hadn't seen his name connected with any college. Maybe the fact that nearly all his U18 teammates have scholarship deals is opening up his thinking...or perhaps it's just another version of the ruse of talking college to get the MJ money (Angelo Esposito) or get rights traded to another team (Victor Mete).

With Warsofsky up with the Bruins, four of the six '09 Ds are skating in NHL games tonight. Colby also is in action tonight, rebuilding his career with ECHL Reading. Does anyone have a KHL schedule?
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                    The two of them more or less did dominate that game. Very, very, very slim chance Eichel returns. <5% sounds about right.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      FWIW, the OTB editor believes there's a 2% chance that Matthews plays college hockey. Until the past week or so, I hadn't seen his name connected with any college. Maybe the fact that nearly all his U18 teammates have scholarship deals is opening up his thinking...or perhaps it's just another version of the ruse of talking college to get the MJ money (Angelo Esposito) or get rights traded to another team (Victor Mete).

With Warsofsky up with the Bruins, four of the six '09 Ds are skating in NHL games tonight. Colby also is in action tonight, rebuilding his career with ECHL Reading. Does anyone have a KHL schedule?
                      What happened to Colby that caused him to get out of hockey for a while then end up down in the ECHL?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

tkachuk lived in the same house with his KID and couldn't even make a call

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Colby also is in action tonight, rebuilding his career with ECHL Reading. Does anyone have a KHL schedule?
                          Will that mean we aren't blessed to have him on NESN anymore?!

Comment

I hope traffic is frustrating and time consuming for your fans going to Providence tonight!
                            Your team isn't as good as the record indicates!
                            Red and white are STUPID colors.
                            You haven't won a national championship in YEARS!!! And probably won't this year either.

Ha! Feel the burn from my flaming!!! (Scarlet- Please don't think less of me but someone had to start some mess)

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              I hope traffic is frustrating and time consuming for your fans going to Providence tonight!
                              Your team isn't as good as the record indicates!
                              Red and white are STUPID colors.
                              You haven't won a national championship in YEARS!!! And probably won't this year either.

Ha! Feel the burn from my flaming!!! (Scarlet- Please don't think less of me but someone had to start some mess)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                thank you. i knew you were paying attention!
                                I knew you were going to do that!
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X