Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by birdman View Post
    I don't think he shook hands with UAF after the game.
    He seemed to be in a butthurt mood all weekend.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: 2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Does anyone know what happened to the injuried Wisconsin player?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        He seemed to be in a butthurt mood all weekend.
        He's just a bit melodramatic. I always liked him better than Gwoz or Hakstol.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanookfan24 View Post
          Does anyone know what happened to the injuried Wisconsin player?
          It looked to me like he was knocked out, and there was some blood on the ice, probably from a bloody nose. He went off the ice on his own power. I hope he's okay. I wonder if that hit was payback for Trupper getting his head banged into the glass, that the refs refused to call? That was a pretty bad hit as well.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            It looked to me like he was knocked out, and there was some blood on the ice, probably from a bloody nose. He went off the ice on his own power. I hope he's okay. I wonder if that hit was payback for Trupper getting his head banged into the glass, that the refs refused to call? That was a pretty bad hit as well.
            Well the Wisconsin beat writer thinks it's a clean hit.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I didn't like how the Badgers didn't remain on the ice for the awards. Unless they had to hurry out to catch their plane, that is really not very classy. I do hope their injured player is okay though.
              Not sure where Wisconsin is going. They were at the same hotel as us and I have to say they are a really awesome group of guys. They were at the hotel when we got back tonight and they were very humble. Heck they interacted with our kids more than our own team did. According to the kid we spoke to, the injured player has a concussion, he didn't say the severity but I am glad he got up and was able to skate off the ice.

Was SERIOUSLY disgusted by some of the UAA fans who were yelling obscenities in the area I was at or just being plain disrespectful when the Wisconsin guy was down. Some drunk dudes were telling the refs to reverse the penalty and a certain poster on here could have probably kept a few things to themselves during this time too. But yes it was well worth it to see the Nooks win the games/tourney.

Comment

It was a bad non-call, but vengeful attacks like that are just unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                  Was SERIOUSLY disgusted by some of the UAA fans who were yelling obscenities in the area I was at or just being plain disrespectful when the Wisconsin guy was down. Some drunk dudes were telling the refs to reverse the penalty and a certain poster on here could have probably kept a few things to themselves during this time too. But yes it was well worth it to see the Nooks win the games/tourney.

Ever the drama queen still...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It was a bad non-call, but vengeful attacks like that are just unacceptable.
                    Vengeful? Word of the day?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Vengeful? Word of the day?
                      The hit on Davison was out of spite for the non-call made just seconds previously...so yeah, vengeful.

vengeĀ·ful
                      adjective
                      seeking to harm someone in return for a perceived injury.
                      "a vengeful ex-con"
                      synonyms: vindictive, revengeful, out for revenge, unforgiving, on the warpath

Comment

The hit on Davison was out of spite for the non-call made just seconds previously...so yeah, vengeful.

vengeĀ·ful
                        adjective
                        seeking to harm someone in return for a perceived injury.
                        "a vengeful ex-con"
                        synonyms: vindictive, revengeful, out for revenge, unforgiving, on the warpath
                        Or, it was a hockey hit, Davidson should keep his head up, and you need to quit being a drama queen.

Nice to see you've discovered Google though.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          Not sure where Wisconsin is going. They were at the same hotel as us and I have to say they are a really awesome group of guys. They were at the hotel when we got back tonight and they were very humble. Heck they interacted with our kids more than our own team did. According to the kid we spoke to, the injured player has a concussion, he didn't say the severity but I am glad he got up and was able to skate off the ice.

Very much agree with you on this one. As a UAA fan I was disappointed that people couldn't keep it to themselves when the player was down. No class there!

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post

Were they flipping the double bird to Wisconsin?

BTW ... my all-tournament ballot was
                            Davis Jones for Outstanding Player
                            Colton Parayko
                            Jake Rutt
                            Scott Allen
                            Tad Kozun
                            Hayden Trupp
                            Jack Dougherty

I thought Rutt was Maine's best guy on the weekend. I did the "every team should get a guy on the team" voting method. Dougherty got my vote because nobody on Wisconsin stood out ... I think giving a vote to Peterson was a mistake. He played a good game but they lost and he only played one game.
                            Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-12-2014, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Had UA_ not had an empty net goal against Maine, they would not have won the tourney. I don't like this format, but it is what it is. At least they played two quality teams and came away with two wins. We saw multiple goals scored by our freshmen, and Oliver (as he prefers to be called) is a solid goalie.
                              Both the 'Nooks and 'Wolves were +4 in goal differential. The 2nd tie breaker is goals allowed, 2 against Alaska, 3 against UAA.

Glad to see both Alaska teams start off strong. Mantha should be your guy going forward. He is a very sound tendy. Davis Jones is starting to emerge, but we will see if he can string a few wins together.

Hope to see some of you anchorage folk up north next week. Thanks to all of you that I met for the hospitality.
                              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

I think UA_ should be College Hockey New's TEAM OF THE WEEK. I hope they are anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X