X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    from what I've heard in the old days the top "townies" row was two deep, people sat in the aisles and stood anywhere you could remotely view the rink. the fire marshall discreetly looked the other way. dont know if that would fly anymore. 4200 is official capacity. does that include the boxes and standing room? I dont know.
    I went through the pick your own seats tool and came up with 2900 seats plus suites, bleachers and handicap along the glass. The MTU ticket site says capacity of 4,466 so I guess that could be the capacity for hockey games including SRO.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I went through the pick your own seats tool and came up with 2900 seats plus suites, bleachers and handicap along the glass. The MTU ticket site says capacity of 4,466 so I guess that could be the capacity for hockey games including SRO.
      The pick a seat tool cuts out sections H and P for me.

That 4466- never heard that number but it makes more sense than 4200. I'll buy that.

Comment

You can look at H if you want and I assumed P was the same size. Also had to make assumptions about L/M because they are reserved for students so "soldout"
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I have a feeling at some point on Saturday people will be turned away. Michigan Tech Recreation calls the 4200 "seating capacity" and includes this note about special events:I think the "can accomodate" # is what is governed by fire safety (egress) law. And, as has been pointed out, it's a hockey game... safety schmafety. But it would be impossible to give 5,600 people a view of the ice... things like commencements include seats on the rink.
          If they sell out there should be a plan to show the game on the campus network. Get the fringe crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            It's interesting that Michigan Tech lists the LSSU game from 10/13/2012 as 4254 because every other source I've found says 3,904. Most arenas list the capacity as seats but I'm almost positive that the listed capacity of MacInnes is 4200 including standing room. Those other games from the 70s wouldn't fly today based on fire marshall rules. I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of those games and how there were people standing in the aisles and everything else.
            If like college football, they count the players, coaches, band, trainers etc. all as attendance.
            "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

I just went through and came up with the following:

Section - # of Seats
              A - 107
              B - 237
              C - 206
              D - 210
              E - 238
              F - 212
              G - 238
              H - 133
              I - 104
              J - 208
              K - 184
              L - 180 - Guessed - assumed losing first couple rows to benches & last couple to press box
              M - 180 - Guessed - assumed losing first couple rows to benches & last couple to press box
              N - 176
              O - 208
              P - 133 - Guessed - assumed same as H
              Suites - 252 - (8 suits @ 10, 2 @ 12, 2 @ 25, 1 @ 98)
              SRO - 1000 - Per the ticket site - 2 blocks of 400 & 1 block of 200

Total Est Capacity - 4206

Plus once you add in Ushers, Players, Coaches, officials, Press, Concessions, Blizzard, Zamboni driver, etc. I could see where you could get to that 4466 number pretty easily.

Looks like about 750 SRO tickets left for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post

(1/2 hour wasted on speculative math problem)
                I love Michigan Tech people.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  It was either that or do something productive at work...

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post

Section - # of Seats
                    A - 107
                    B - 237
                    C - 206
                    D - 210
                    E - 238
                    F - 212
                    G - 238
                    H - 133
                    I - 104
                    J - 208
                    K - 184
                    L - 180 - Guessed - assumed losing first couple rows to benches & last couple to press box
                    M - 180 - Guessed - assumed losing first couple rows to benches & last couple to press box
                    N - 176
                    O - 208
                    P - 133 - Guessed - assumed same as H
                    Suites - 252 - (8 suits @ 10, 2 @ 12, 2 @ 25, 1 @ 98)
                    SRO - 1000 - Per the ticket site - 2 blocks of 400 & 1 block of 200

Total Est Capacity - 4206

Plus once you add in Ushers, Players, Coaches, officials, Press, Concessions, Blizzard, Zamboni driver, etc. I could see where you could get to that 4466 number pretty easily.

Looks like about 750 SRO tickets left for Saturday.
                    I guess I could have posted my results, since I got the same numbers you did but according to the image, you lose rows 16 and 17 for the press box about sections L/M. I had 152 each for those two and you missed the presidential suite that holds 55 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I guess I could have posted my results, since I got the same numbers you did but according to the image, you lose rows 16 and 17 for the press box about sections L/M. I had 152 each for those two and you missed the presidential suite that holds 55 people.
                      Yep, I was looking at section D for a rough comparison I took the 2 rows out for the press box, but forgot the student side has 2 less rows to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        me too.

do we know Michigan's flight number yet?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

me too.

Greet them at the top hits of '83 blasting?

1. Every Breath You Take, The Police
                          2. Billie Jean, Michael Jackson
                          3. Flashdance...What A Feeling, Irene Cara
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

How did you guys come up with the 1000 standing room spots? I see 200 for sale on the ticket site. Do they hold on to 800 SRO for walk-up only? When I go to the menu to select my own seat I can't see section H, P, the alumni suite, or the SRO on the zamboni end. Can you guys actually see those seats on your computers? I've tried using chrome and IE on a few different computers and it looks the same- it cuts off at just above the crease.

Friday can't come soon enough.

Comment

me too.

Surely somebody already knows this. Students must be busy or something? When Conner and Murphy were being considered for the Hobey Baker the students had the fan voting rigged within hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                                How did you guys come up with the 1000 standing room spots? I see 200 for sale on the ticket site. Do they hold on to 800 SRO for walk-up only? When I go to the menu to select my own seat I can't see section H, P, the alumni suite, or the SRO on the zamboni end. Can you guys actually see those seats on your computers? I've tried using chrome and IE on a few different computers and it looks the same- it cuts off at just above the crease.

Friday can't come soon enough.
                                I shows up in three blocks for me to choose from:

Standing Ice - This is by the bleachers - 200
                                Standing Ice Too - This is the Zamboni End - 400
                                Standing Concourse - 400

Comment

Working...
                                X