X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Where did you find the older clip? There's obviously video out there but it seems the athletic department isn't interested in sharing.
    That video is either 91-92 or 92-93 because Peca (goal scorer) joined the Huskies in 1991-92 and 1992-93 was the last year for Young and Storm. I couldn't make out the Winter Carnival logo Storm skated over, but given that Tech didn't lay down the Winter Carnival logos until the week before usually, I would assume the video is 1992-93. In 91-92 Tech played UND for carnival and only played ONE home game after that (NMU). In 1992-93 Tech played Minnesota for Carnival getting a 3-3 OT tie and a 10-2 blowout win the second game to win WC. When the goals look that pretty, it's no wonder they racked up 10 on the Goophs.

I would also be interested in seeing the video intros that the team is running on the video board during the pregame. It would be great if they could post those after the game/weekend they are used. I've seen a few vintage clips in those segments as well.

For what it is worth, I have asked several times if I could have access to some of the University athletic department image archives for research purposes. Back when I was a student they just had file cabinets of hard copy prints sorted by year. I never get a reply, but you have to imagine a lot of that stuff is digital by now and should be accessible online somehow. Hopefully more success will get fans craving for more vintage material.

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Lineup vs Mankato thoughts.....

Speed and defensively responsible....
      I think the two rotating spots will see the same guys.
      Anyone know when Blacklock and Anderson will be ready.
      Is Vallis also injured?

D stays the same.
      Friday cannot get here soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        That video is either 91-92 or 92-93 because Peca (goal scorer) joined the Huskies in 1991-92 and 1992-93 was the last year for Young and Storm.
        Well diagnosed. This goal is from the Saturday game in the 1993 Winter Carnival series against Minnesota, a 10-2 win for the Huskies. When the Roy-Kero-Petan goal happened, this was the first one I thought of. The clip comes from the WLUC archives, to which I contributed as a reporter in the early 1990's. We created a feature called "UP Sports Mic" after figuring out a way to hook in an FM radio to the cameras and record some of the local play-by-play guys, and that also gave us the chance to record some of Bob Olson as well. As the season goes on, I'll post more of these clips. Since that season was the last one with home playoffs to date, it actually has a little historical resonance.

I have also shared all of these with the Tech athletic department, so you'll see a few pop up on the video board too.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          For what it is worth, I have asked several times if I could have access to some of the University athletic department image archives for research purposes. Back when I was a student they just had file cabinets of hard copy prints sorted by year. I never get a reply, but you have to imagine a lot of that stuff is digital by now and should be accessible online somehow. Hopefully more success will get fans craving for more vintage material.
          How big is the sports information department at Tech? If it's less than eight people, they probably haven't digitized these things. Maybe they could send it to a contractor. I'd love this from UAH, too. We recently did a big wall with historic photos of the program, and I have no idea how they actually pulled that off given that most everything was still analog (and not great quality).

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            Well diagnosed. This goal is from the Saturday game in the 1993 Winter Carnival series against Minnesota, a 10-2 win for the Huskies. When the Roy-Kero-Petan goal happened, this was the first one I thought of. The clip comes from the WLUC archives, to which I contributed as a reporter in the early 1990's. We created a feature called "UP Sports Mic" after figuring out a way to hook in an FM radio to the cameras and record some of the local play-by-play guys, and that also gave us the chance to record some of Bob Olson as well. As the season goes on, I'll post more of these clips. Since that season was the last one with home playoffs to date, it actually has a little historical resonance.

I have also shared all of these with the Tech athletic department, so you'll see a few pop up on the video board too.
            Oh do I have picture for that series when I get home.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

10 reserved seats left for Friday's game and 104 seat for Saturday. Plus general admission. Looking like sellouts for the weekend series.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Happy to see Michigan Tech having such a great season. Made the trip to Houghton 10 years ago and had a blast. Your fans deserve a fun season and I am hoping an NCAA berth is in the works for you all come 2015!

Comment

Tech rocks.

Comment

Game day!

Good article on Mel's background and coaching.

Mel Pearson: At the helm of the Huskies
                    http://www.letsplayhockey.com/online...e-huskies.html

Comment

I guess Vallis isn't dressing this weekend!
                      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20141121uk0jeg

Vallis Taking Over Social Media for This Weekend's Games

HOUGHTON, Mich. – Junior forward Max Vallis will be taking over the Michigan Tech Huskies Snapchat and the hockey Twitter account during this weekend's games against Minnesota State.

You can follow along at Twitter.com/mtuhky and on Snapchat by adding MTUHuskies to your list of friends.

The Huskies are the No. 1-ranked team in the country and only undefeated team left at 10-0-0 overall and 8-0-0 in the WCHA. The Mavericks come in ranked No. 9 with a 7-3-0 overall record and a 5-1-0 mark in the WCHA. The puck drops at 7:07 p.m. both Friday and Saturday night.

Comment

The L had to come eventually, just a shame it was 2 goals in 40 seconds.

Mel's postgame interview:
                        Good game, they're a good team, good goalie and mobile Dmen
                        We're relying on Jamie too much, too many mistakes
                        Jamie was phenomenal
                        We can play better
                        Puck was bouncing for both teams, we have to play better, we had some guys did not have very good games tonight
                        It's how we handle first loss now, salvage weekend
                        Didn't like 1st goal we gave up, 2nd is a bounce/break, they go to the net hard
                        It's been creeping up the last few weeks, haven't been playing as well as a team overall
                        Gillies skated well, needs to use speed a little more, liked his line
                        Back to Jamie, he's been playing great, but can't continue to rely on that, some bad giveaways and turnovers, too loose defensively
                        Our job as coaches to get team ready, but a lot on individuals for tomorrow, not like we had a terrible game, they're a good hockey team
                        3737 was crowd, fantastic, we have to get ready for tomorrow

Comment

bound to happen. now we'll see what the team is really made of.

BTW at the DU / AFA game. neither is as good as Tech, Ferris, Michigan, Alaska, Bemidji or what I saw in the first two periods of tonight. but we are enjoying the food!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

oh yes. arena is half full and quiet. somethings never change.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I guess it's a good sign when you're angry they lose. It's not expected like the good old days!

Comment

I love watching Jamie Phillips play! It will be interesting to see who Mel inserts into the lineup tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X