This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Just curious, anyone heading out to Notre Dame to watch the games? I would have love to have gone to South Bend but it was not in the cards this year - maybe next time they make the trip.
    University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
      Just curious, anyone heading out to Notre Dame to watch the games? I would have love to have gone to South Bend but it was not in the cards this year - maybe next time they make the trip.
      I know MaryK and Go-UML are going out.

I was planning on the trip, but held back to the Revs playoff possibilities. Glad I did now.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

As Monty pointed out, MaryK and I are going out with a couple others. Hoping that we find more out there. We know there are some Alumni pre-game events set up.

Looking forward to the trip although I should probably get back to my work at the office.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          ...We know there are some Alumni pre-game events set up....
          Cool! Have a great time! I hope to hear that UML was well represented. And more importantly, I hope the team comes home with some points.

Comment

Arizona State is set to announce that they're moving from a club team to D1 hockey.

@SBNCollegePuck 28s28 seconds ago
            Arizona State will officially start their D-1 program next season.
            Last edited by UMLFan; 11-18-2014, 03:04 PM.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Arizona State is set to announce that they're moving from a club team to D1 hockey.
              Can we play them in January at their place?
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/sto...program-111814

The plan is for the Sun Devils, who won the American Collegiate Hockey Association championship last season, to play a hybrid schedule in 2015 with a mixture of DI and ACHA competition, followed in 2016 by a full DI schedule independent of conference alignment. The team plans to transition to full Division I membership in 2017 and will join a Division I conference, either the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) or the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA).

Comment

I read somewhere (Twitter, maybe?) that Pegula was going to talk to the University of Buffalo about their hockey program. I can't find any news story on it, but it's an interesting idea.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

There's a thread on here I think buffalo should be asu will be interesting though
                    BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                      There's a thread on here I think buffalo should be asu will be interesting though
                      Buffalo should have done this LONG ago but in that critical period the athletic director/president/whoever decided to resurrect the football team. Since then, as a MAC school, its been nothing but a money suck for them. I think UB, just by geography, could have been a power or pretty good. Hockey still has different dynamics. ASU can work because the school is so large. But I think hockey can work in other places just because the market is favorable because of people who like hockey.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Then we have Amherst with their money sucking Ftb team. Someone sent me the article from the Globe about how they are mucho $ subsidized. Seeing's how my kid is paying the $ to go to State school I would rather they spent the big mucho $$$ subsidizing the education part of education. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          As Monty pointed out, MaryK and I are going out with a couple others. Hoping that we find more out there. We know there are some Alumni pre-game events set up.

Looking forward to the trip although I should probably get back to my work at the office.
                          We'll be there! See you all at Legends of Notre Dame... pre-game get together starts at 5pm at Legends of Notre Dame which is across the parking lot from the rink.

Lee

Comment

Game day! Let's Go Lowell!
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post

Does UML ever coordinate trips to long distance destinations for Riverhawk games like this for students and alumni?

Comment

Does UML ever coordinate trips to long distance destinations for Riverhawk games like this for students and alumni?
                                I think the school usually has tickets available for purchase, and there may be an get together event at these long distance road games but otherwise you're always on your own for transportation and lodging. They may have had a student bus for the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh though.

Comment

Working...
                                X