This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    "Hydration stations and "waste management" will be provided by LHS on the concourse as needed."

See, you're all set now
    They made a similar announcement over the PA tonight - classic!
    University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Thoughts about tonight:

1. The game was a dog fight - but nothing like I anticipated

2. My neck was sore after the first period because all the action was in UConn's zone. Total domination by UML - but only had a 2-1 lead to show for it.

3. Don't know about you - but the UML fight song is starting to grow on me.

4. Next year, definitely bringing the dog!

5. Left the game with 10 mins remaining in the 3rd and UML with a comfortable 5-2 lead and completely controlling the game. Remembered to put the game on the radio and heard the score was 5-4 with a few mins left. *** happened??? Did the boys fall asleep?

6. Nice atmosphere at the rink tonight. While not a huge crowd, it was still bigger and louder than expected for a Wed night. Loved hearing the dogs bark at random times.

7. Not sure if the chicken tenders were completely cooked tonight. :-( Can you say Chicken Tartare?

8. Nice to see Forney get his first goal of the year.

9. Not sure if I am being biased, but the penalties called by the refs were a little too one-sided. I saw quite a few plays where UConn could have/should have been called.

10. 6-0-2 in Hockey East. Who would have guessed? Bring on the Black Bears.
      University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
        Did the boys fall asleep?
        Yes they did, big time. Norm was not happy about this.
        What did you say?
        Who own the Chiefs?
        What did he say?
        Owns! Owns!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...tsongas-center

UConn coach Mike Cavanaugh said UMass Lowell is most complete team his Huskies have played.
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            listening on the radio... sounds like this team is going to make so many games harder than they need be. Keep on rolling!
            I can't remember the last time I felt this frustrated after a win. Some bad plays / decision making in the defensive zone in the third period that allowed UConn back into the game. Too many penalties tonight that also cost Lowell. This game should not have been this close.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              I can't remember the last time I felt this frustrated after a win. Some bad plays / decision making in the defensive zone in the third period that allowed UConn back into the game. Too many penalties tonight that also cost Lowell. This game should not have been this close.
              I felt the exact same way, so much so that my expectations for this team are beginning to change. The teams from the past few seasons would have let downs in the 2nd but seemed to always dial it up in the 3rd, especially with a lead. This team is giving up goals in the 3rd and not coming from behind to win games. Also the penalty kill needs to improve.

Maybe I'm being too harsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                I felt the exact same way, so much so that my expectations for this team are beginning to change. The teams from the past few seasons would have let downs in the 2nd but seemed to always dial it up in the 3rd, especially with a lead. This team is giving up goals in the 3rd and not coming from behind to win games. Also the penalty kill needs to improve.

Maybe I'm being too harsh?
                new group every year, new lessons every year. I suppose fans say "after X years they still don't get it" forgetting the fan is on year X... the player at best is on year 4.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Wasn't there last night but updates were... not confidence inspiring.
                  The beginning of last yr (with a much more Sr class) and I thought for sure Mr les would be home before the playoffs. This yr they didn't start as bad as last yr so I think my expectations were more perfection early. Not happening.

Comment

Yeah. Definitely not pretty but it IS two points. That being said, we have a LOT of work to do.

Wouldnt' mind seeing Smith get another start on Saturday; I thought a couple of the goals could have been avoided.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

It's thoroughly strange to be 6-0-2 in league play, and still note so many issues. I know in general too many people get upset about negative comments, but this team has a lot of things to figure out. One of them is playing out 60 minutes. Only the third time this year that UConn has scored 4 goals. Just have to learn and step on throats at this point.

First period was great hockey. I remember turning to people and saying ... "Well, this definitely looks better than what I heard that last game was." And then the second period was kinda blah.

On the other side of things ... 6 goals, 6 scorers. I don't have time to look this up, but I'd venture Lowell is the first time in D1 this year with 20 different goal scorers. Amazing.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        Yeah. Definitely not pretty but it IS two points. That being said, we have a LOT of work to do.

Wouldnt' mind seeing Smith get another start on Saturday; I thought a couple of the goals could have been avoided.
                        Agree, two big points and another win which is key. There's a long way to go so hopefully the team continues to get better. Hard to complain too much with the team at 9-3-3 with all the new faces. Just need to take care of business Saturday night.

Do they have a number one goalie yet? It appears Boyle may have a slight edge but neither goalie has played consistent enough to win the job. Any word on what's going on with Olli Kälkäjä? I wonder if he'll get a start this season.

Comment

Happy birthday to Maryk.

Comment

Lowell was dominant 5x5 last night until the last nine minutes when they stopped skating.

Two biggest problems were the PK and, of all things, line changes. Lowell got tagged with a too many men penalty and should have had a second one called when Gambardella decided to lollygag back to the bench in the third. They also blew a 2 on 1 in the second when Campbell went to the door in the offensive zone ahead of the puck. These things need to be fixed, and it was maddening watching Lowell dominate the game yet continually shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and sloppy play.

On the other hand, they're 6-0-2 in league and have a great chance to go into the break at the top of the league if they can take care of business against Maine.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Happy birthday to Maryk.
                              Thanks Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                On the other side of things ... 6 goals, 6 scorers. I don't have time to look this up, but I'd venture Lowell is the first time in D1 this year with 20 different goal scorers. Amazing.
                                St. Lawrence has 21 already.

Originally posted by boblav1
                                Any word on what's going on with Olli Kälkäjä?
                                I was told a couple of weeks ago that he was injured, but not given any further info. Since he's still not even dressing for games, I'm going to assume he's still injured.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X