This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

UML now ranked 7th in the poll and tied for 15th in Pairwise. Which one feels more accurate to you? For me I would venture somewhere in the middle... 10th feels about right.
    University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
      UML now ranked 7th in the poll and tied for 15th in Pairwise. Which one feels more accurate to you? For me I would venture somewhere in the middle... 10th feels about right.
      That would be UVM's spot.. moving them up or down?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        I'm going to slightly agree with you and say that the more foolish thing is that we even have a top 20. This is the equivalent of the Top 40 in football. It loses its meaning but you have to put mediocre .500 teams in there to fill these last few spots.
        I remember when there was a poll and they only ranked the top 10. The polls then went to 12 teams to 15 teams and now we have 20. That makes 1/3 of all college hockey teams nationally ranked which is way too many.
        What did you say?
        Who own the Chiefs?
        What did he say?
        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
          That would be UVM's spot.. moving them up or down?
          I would say up. UVM has had a very impressive start to the season currently at 11-3-1. Merrimack has also had a good start (10-4-1).

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            I would say up. UVM has had a very impressive start to the season currently at 11-3-1. Merrimack has also had a good start (10-4-1).
            As a UVM fan I would like to agree but I will withhold judgement until the SLU series... When UVM shows up they are very good, especially from the D positions.... like you guys consitency hasn't been there. They outplayed ND and got a loss and a tie for it. The other losses were deserved (PC and UConn).. and they lucked out against Maine in one game..

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Agreed - I would put UVM ahead of UML. Merrimack is having a very good season so far, however I am not sure if I would put them ahead of UML right now. I have a feeling that home and home series at the end of January will be intense.
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Lowell loses to Harvard, falls to 7th in the country, and yet ... picks up a first place vote? What the ...?
                They meant to click BC (default vote)

Comment

My weekly poll for the week: http://q30television.com/2014/12/01/...ey-poll-12114/
                  Quinnipiac University '15
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                  ECAC Championship: 2016
                  NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                  Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                    Agreed - I would put UVM ahead of UML. Merrimack is having a very good season so far, however I am not sure if I would put them ahead of UML right now. I have a feeling that home and home series at the end of January will be intense.
                    Agree about Merrimack. BU will be a good test for them this weekend.

It will be interesting to see UConn tomorrow night. They've had some big wins so far this season. They're getting good goaltending, blocking a lot of shots and keeping games low scoring and close. The Hawks will need to find a way to generate some offense and score some goals. Two big points on the line.

Just noticed that C.J. Smith currently leads the team in scoring. It's nice to see how the scoring is spread out but I would like to see Adam Chapie get hot. http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/uml/stats15.php

Comment

Scott Wilson called up by the Pens.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        This is awesome, way to go Scott! I talked to Coach about Scott at the BBQ and he thought it would take some time before he got the call to the big league. I hope he stays.

Comment

Folin also called up.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Scott is in the lineup tonight against the Devils.
                            http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020364

Comment

Pittsburgh Penguins prank Scott Wilson prior to NHL debut
                              Justin Soderberg
                              President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                              Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                              Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
                                Pittsburgh Penguins prank Scott Wilson prior to NHL debut
                                Good stuff. It looks like Scott got hurt in his first game. Hopefully it's not serious.
                                Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins · 1h 1 hour ago
                                Coach on Wilson: "He has a leg injury. Unfortunately for him it happened in his 1st game. They are going to examine him & see what’s wrong."

Comment

Working...
                                X