X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    It's fine to have a fight song, there is no need to play it after every goal and completely change the game day experience.
    fair enough... I'd be ok with just the end of periods until people really like it... no need to force things... forced traditions=no traditions... anything "traditional" that's been done less than 5 years isn't a tradition
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Can get it now but delay is some where around 5 minutes. Stupid
      I have no idea why i couldn't pull up ESPNNH... feetball?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Lil is making very nasty comments about the fight song. He just said the same thing. That they have killed all the traditions that worked for us. He is his mother's son
        I've already sent an email about this. This is, as a matter of fact, so monumentally stupid that whoever decided to replace Rock and Roll part 2 with this new fight song should be fired. They need to revert back for Friday. Keep the fight song for the end of period or whatever, but they've effectively killed any energy the building builds.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

I've already sent an email about this. This is, as a matter of fact, so monumentally stupid that whoever decided to replace Rock and Roll part 2 with this new fight song should be fired. They need to revert back for Friday. Keep the fight song for the end of period or whatever, but they've effectively killed any energy the building builds.
          yeah, this isn't an energy song... feels kinda weak.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            yeah, this isn't an energy song... feels kinda weak.
            Soooooo boring.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
              Soooooo boring.
              Please email the athletic department and express your displeasure. The more they hear this the better
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Please email the athletic department and express your displeasure. The more they hear this the better
                Done

edit: apparently one of the jerseys has two different numbers on it... ahh... exhibition... i remember one exhibition where I think we had a crib sheet because the new jerseys weren't in yet.
                Last edited by Patman; 10-05-2014, 04:59 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

I wasn't able to make the game today. How did the Hawks look?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    I wasn't able to make the game today. How did the Hawks look?
                    I thought they looked ok with lots of speed but then again, they really did not have any competition today.
                    They did however give the puck away twice which led to a puck in their net. It was a nice surprise to see Wallin playing well
                    and scoring since we have not seen that for a couple of years. I was interested in looking at the new goaltenders but without
                    any real pressure on them, it is hard to evaluate them. The only goalie who did not let up a goal was Smith but I believe he
                    only faced 4 shots and was not tested at all. It will interesting how they do against BC on Friday.

Does anybody know why Chapie was not dressed? Also, they must be counting all the season tickets they were bought and
                    not there for the game but there was not 2041 in attendance....not even close! Finally, not sure what was up with Suter and all the
                    time he was spending in the penalty box.
                    Last edited by gochiefs; 10-05-2014, 06:11 PM.
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Even though the crowd was small, the students that were there were loud but I agree, this song has no energy. It is completely inappropriate to play after a goal is scored. We had a good thing going with Rock and Roll part 2 as many other sections of fans were getting into it. We're all standing around going "what do we do?" after the first goal, no energy, no anything. Play it at end of game, between periods, at end of a period, whatever. I'm 100% fine with that but not when a goal is scored.

But we did figure something out after the first couple of goals in that if they insist on keeping it, there's a part near the end where it repeats something in rapid succession where we started doing a bunch of "sieves" instead of what was supposed to be said. Others were catching on and I think if we keep it up in full force Friday, it will drown out the last part of the song and we'll have some semblance of energy, spirit, and crowd engagement. You could see it was driving the band leader nuts that we were doing it so we'll just have to keep it up Friday. So at least that's something if they won't change it up.

I'm all for tradition but don't replace real, organically grown tradition from over the years with something forced. There's room for both, just don't mess with the post-goal tradition and instead, just play the new fight song in at other key moments in the game. Both can co-exist but the new song does not work at all for after a goal.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

You mean there was a game?

I was just commenting on how there wasn't a single comment the whole game about how we were playing. Everyone is hating on the new and 'improved' culture of the game. Lil sat with me for a while. He says all the kids hate the song and want to get rid of it. Plans on writing an email because there is no way to cheer, the song kills the momentum after a score, why do they want to ruin every tradition we have. He has been coming since he was a kid and they are ruining everything....yaddah, yaddah. We had someone come over from the other side to try to figure out a way to subvert the inane song and do something that would fit better. Who ever said earlier in the thread that the kids will love it and it will catch on is apparently way off. I am not on twitter but I guess that was lit up. Yik Yak (learn something new every day) is apparently whole heartedly against the new way of doing things. I am just shaking my head.

Feeling alienated. The things I felt connected to and the traditions that grew since I started watching are being extinguished by the attempt to manufacture a culture by people who haven't been a part of what we are, don't respect what we have come from and think they should be able to dismiss the people who got them where they are. The more they 'fix' things things the less connected I feel.

And finally got the radio feed. My Lord- It was so far behind it wasn't worth it. At least if it is a couple of seconds behind if you were wondering who did something it would tell you when you could remember what happened. This was so far behind it had to be at least 5 minutes.

Comment

Just sayin'... I'm not at the game
                          posting pictures directly doesn't seem to be working, here is the album

apparently one of the jerseys has two different numbers on it... ahh... exhibition... i remember one exhibition where I think we had a crib sheet because the new jerseys weren't in yet.
                          Collins and Edwardh seemed to have exchanged numbers on the shoulders (22 on the back 29 on the shoulder and vice versa)
                          Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 10-05-2014, 07:31 PM. Reason: exchanging picture for hyperlink
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

from what I understand scott_dolch@uml.edu is the person to contact if you would like to inform the administration of what you think.

Comment

You mean there was a game?

I was just commenting on how there wasn't a single comment the whole game about how we were playing. Everyone is hating on the new and 'improved' culture of the game. Lil sat with me for a while. He says all the kids hate the song and want to get rid of it. Plans on writing an email because there is no way to cheer, the song kills the momentum after a score, why do they want to ruin every tradition we have. He has been coming since he was a kid and they are ruining everything....yaddah, yaddah. We had someone come over from the other side to try to figure out a way to subvert the inane song and do something that would fit better. Who ever said earlier in the thread that the kids will love it and it will catch on is apparently way off. I am not on twitter but I guess that was lit up. Yik Yak (learn something new every day) is apparently whole heartedly against the new way of doing things. I am just shaking my head.

Feeling alienated. The things I felt connected to and the traditions that grew since I started watching are being extinguished by the attempt to manufacture a culture by people who haven't been a part of what we are, don't respect what we have come from and think they should be able to dismiss the people who got them where they are. The more they 'fix' things things the less connected I feel.

And finally got the radio feed. My Lord- It was so far behind it wasn't worth it. At least if it is a couple of seconds behind if you were wondering who did something it would tell you when you could remember what happened. This was so far behind it had to be at least 5 minutes.
                              What does Mr. Les and the rest of the hockey staff think about the changes? I'd be interested in hearing their opinion on the subject. I'm sure Norm has a lot of pull when it comes to what happens on and off the ice in that building. Maybe it is he you should sending emails to?

Comment

I'd also load up posts on the UML athletic Facebook page. There's already a couple of comments and I'd pile it on (those of you who do Facebook as I don't).

If the few of us who were there today are this upset, can't imagine what will happen with the full house on Friday that's expected.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X