This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Agree on the penalties. Lowell has to play smarter.

Speaking of penalties, Jim Connelly reported that Quinnipiac coach Rand Pecknold received a game misconduct at the end of the game. Not sure if anyone has additional info, I lost the signal before they could finish discussing what happened.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Agree on the penalties. Lowell has to play smarter.

Speaking of penalties, Jim Connelly reported that Quinnipiac coach Rand Pecknold received a game misconduct at the end of the game. Not sure if anyone has additional info, I lost the signal before they could finish discussing what happened.
      All I can currently find...
      Chip Malafronte ‏@ChipMalafronte 1h1 hour ago
      And Rand Pecknold sounds like a German Shepard barking at officials during handshake line. Wanted an interference call; gets a bench minor
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Anyone know anything on chapie? Concerning that we have not seen him.
        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

If someone was going to tell me Lowell would start the season 2-0-1, after all of the losses last year, playing BC and QUx2, I never would have believed it. I have to give Boyle a ton of credit thus far. After not playing for a year and a half and holding his own (with areas for improvement) in these three games is very impressive. To also do this without Chapie (lower body injury) for all three and McGrath for two, even more impressive.

Out of the newcomers, Francis is a very pleasant surprise. Not sure what his situation was as WMU, but I'm glad he's here so far. Smith and Lauria play off each other nicely, and mueller has been a competent D man thus far. Hopefully they keep this up. It's nice seeing a Norm team not struggle out of the gates. On to Michigan and Michigan State. Both games may potentially have big implications come the end of the season when it comes to the common opponent factor of PWR as BU and BC play either one or both of these teams.

Comment

Game recap from the New Haven Register.
            http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...t-umass-lowell

Comment

• I found some game highlights:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpzAK79Z8A

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                I found some game highlights:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpzAK79Z8A
                x-check to the face and a plant into the boards that probably should have netted 5 (I didnt listen to all of the game, was checking out breweries)

edit: and checking the box score, don't see a 5 on there
                Last edited by Patman; 10-19-2014, 09:12 PM.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  x-check to the face and a plant into the boards that probably should have netted 5 (I didnt listen to all of the game, was checking out breweries)

Neither was worth a 5 - both the got a minor, which was the correct call.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

And that hit against Wallin up on the boards could have been a lot worse.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Neither was worth a 5 - both the got a minor, which was the correct call.
                      Which neither?
                      Monty

Comment

The Wallin hit and the on Mueller at :53 I would guess.

The Mueller hit followed a ten second period where Mueller was sitting on top of the QU player. I believe they got matching minors.

Watched the entire game on the QU stream, interesting they didn't show the first Lowell goal, I would have guessed that was what Pecknold was so angry about after the game.
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post

The Mueller hit followed a ten second period where Mueller was sitting on top of the QU player. I believe they got matching minors.

Watched the entire game on the QU stream, interesting they didn't show the first Lowell goal, I would have guessed that was what Pecknold was so angry about after the game.
                          Ah. To clarify, I just meant that the way that Wallin hit, that could have been a lot worse for Lowell (injury wise).
                          Monty

Comment

He took 3 or 4 of those type hits in the game (two were shown in the highlight reel). It was interesting hearing the QU broadcasters try and justify the one that resulted in the minor by saying there was a lot of it going on behind the net already. Not a great excuse.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post

Yeah, from what I've gathered he wanted an interference call on Francis for contact behind the net. It was a good non call, Francis has the same right to that ice as the goalie.

Some homer-ific announcing from the Q. The whole game replay is available for free: http://quinnipiac.prestosports.com/s...s_umass_lowell
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                Some homer-ific announcing from the Q. The whole game replay is available for free: http://quinnipiac.prestosports.com/s...s_umass_lowell
                                Thanks for sharing this link! Got to watch some of the game during lunch. Much appreciated!
                                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Working...
                                X