X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    I give Harvard lots of credit, especially their defense. Lowell had trouble most of the night trying to solve the Harvard defense. Harvard's sticks seemed to be in the right position all night long to deflect away scoring attempts.
    Agree, Harvard basically beat Lowell at it's own game. That being said this was a close one goal game.

Two league games left before the break. These are games the Hawks need to win.

Comment

Bazin referred to the 5x3 that eventually led to the winning goal as "a selfish penalty that'll need to be addressed." I think we'll see Maniccia sit vs UConn for that bonehead, unnecessary penalty.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Agree, Harvard basically beat Lowell at it's own game. That being said this was a close one goal game.

Two league games left before the break. These are games the Hawks need to win.
        You won't have any problem with Maine, you'll witness the worst Maine team in ages
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          You won't have any problem with Maine, you'll witness the worst Maine team in ages
          I wish it was that easy but Lowell always seems to have problems with Maine.

Comment

I know somebody in the crowd mentioned not stepping up for the OOC games... if that's the case... ugh... the whole season builds the post-season profile.

---

I know there's a fine line between winning and losing... it seemed like a lot of decisions were made lazily... almost as if the players were on 2 hours of sleep. I don't know if that's a confidence thing... I don't know if its complacency. Harvard put in the effort, but you always have to wonder when things go oh so wrong in the way they play.

I still find it curious that we were purposefully trying to get behind Harvard's defense with one guy... must have been something the staff saw, IIRC, we never made anything out of it but it did seem interesting... suspect defensemen on Harvard's part? Are they slow?

Anyways... per the usual... great to see everybody, wish I could do it more often, but the team needs to sharpen up their focus with or without Z Kamrass (flu)
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Disappointing to now see two straight home games where the team was just flat out uninterested.

I'll be at the game on Wednesday, hope to see a rebound. I'm out for Saturday ... have some place else I'd rather be.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

IMO, complacency led to another egg being laid in the nest. Harvard outplayed UML; they brought the urgency and as others already said - beat the 'hawks at their own game. I did not see the usual hustle, hitting, and urgency that are some of the frequent characteristics that this team is typically comprised. I am not implying that the 'hawks would have won if they did those things; Harvard was definitely better on Saturday night. But the complacency in back-to-back home games does concern me a little. While two games do not make a trend... it can lead to one if this is not nipped in bud right now.
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Alot of road games on the horizon, need to put some points on the standings in the next week then build some camaraderie on the tournament trips. Harvard played better and deserved the win, on to the Puppy night.

Comment

Lowell loses to Harvard, falls to 7th in the country, and yet ... picks up a first place vote? What the ...?
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Lowell loses to Harvard, falls to 7th in the country, and yet ... picks up a first place vote? What the ...?
                      I noticed that too. Maybe it was a mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        7 teams got a first place vote this week and Harvard has the second most of those 7 teams but is ranked behind all of them. How crazy is that?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          7 teams got a first place vote this week and Harvard has the second most of those 7 teams but is ranked behind all of them. How crazy is that?
                          Very bizarre. Good thing this poll is not used come tournament time.
                          What did you say?
                          Who own the Chiefs?
                          What did he say?
                          Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                            Very bizarre. Good thing this poll is not used come tournament time.
                            Wacky. Wacky. Wacky.

Comment

The bigger crime is BC even being in the top 20..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                                The bigger crime is BC even being in the top 20..
                                I'm going to slightly agree with you and say that the more foolish thing is that we even have a top 20. This is the equivalent of the Top 40 in football. It loses its meaning but you have to put mediocre .500 teams in there to fill these last few spots.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X