• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Hockey East: Wacky Numbers Wednesday

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...ss-goaltending

Comment

Weekly poll analysis: http://q30television.com/2014/11/25/...y-poll-112414/
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
        I know polls don't matter, and random opinions matter less, but this is asinine. Lowell takes 3 of 4 on the road in league, is 6-1-2 in their last nine but are "slowing down". Meanwhile a team below .500 is ahead of them.

Officially the dumbest thing I've read on the boards in months, and that's saying.a lot.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          I know polls don't matter, and random opinions matter less, but this is asinine. Lowell takes 3 of 4 on the road in league, is 6-1-2 in their last nine but are "slowing down". Meanwhile a team below .500 is ahead of them.

Officially the dumbest thing I've read on the boards in months, and that's saying.a lot.
          Take it with a grain of salt. The writer is probably still bitter about the shellacking Lowell gave Quinnipiac in Lowell last month.
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

Well if you look at only the last three games, they're only 1-1-1! And if you look at only their last game, they tied! So see, he was right!
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Disappointed (very very very slightly) to be missing this game Saturday, but hoping for all kinds of good results this weekend! Of course, if that happens, I'll be missing the Maine game too.
              Best of luck to the Rev's this weekend. I watched some of the game Sunday and it looked like a good amount of fans made the trip to NY.

Harvard will be a good test for the Hawks. They'll need to play well.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Harvard will be a good test for the Hawks. They'll need to play well.
                No doubt! Crazy season so far. Looking at the schedule 8 weeks ago who'd have thought that UML would be ranked #4 on Thanksgiving and that the Harvard game would be an important measuring stick with big RPI/PWR impact.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                  That hit was Lopi's name written all over it. I wonder if Peter Hrasko - the giver of the hit on this video - watched old ULowell Chief tapes from the mid 1980s.
                  Agree 100%. Definitely a Lopi-esque open ice check. They were a sight to behold.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Best of luck to the Rev's this weekend. I watched some of the game Sunday and it looked like a good amount of fans made the trip to NY.
                    Over 1,200!
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Over 1,200!
                      This man is still the face of revs supporters... I still think he personally tries to get on lol
                      BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Pretty fired up about the contest tonight. I expect some intensity and clean battle throughout from both sides. As usual I'm a little bit more than concerned about the kid with the pads between the pipes and his skill/efforts directly influencing a W/L.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
                          Pretty fired up about the contest tonight. I expect some intensity and clean battle throughout from both sides. As usual I'm a little bit more than concerned about the kid with the pads between the pipes and his skill/efforts directly influencing a W/L.
                          I want blood.
                          I want blood.
                          I want blood.

See you guys tonight.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
                            The Hawks need to bring their "A" game tonight. Speaking of goaltending, Harvard goaltender Steve Michalek is playing very well and is currently ranked third in GAA and first in SV% in the country. The Crimson are also ranked number two in power play and penalty kill.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...men/2014-2015/

Comment

The Hawks need to bring their "A" game tonight. Speaking of goaltending, Harvard goaltender Steve Michalek is playing very well and is currently ranked third in GAA and first in SV% in the country. The Crimson are also ranked number two in power play and penalty kill.
                              Have seen the Crimson 3 times this season. Every team must bring their A game against them. Pretty darn good team at Harvard this year.
                              Very similar style as Lowell. You all will probably enjoy a good battle and a great game tonight.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Really looking forward to tonight! Hopefully UML can steal Harvard's trick against BU and neutralize their top line. Like BU, looks like Harvard has one kickass line and then it drops off dramatically. 53 of their 85 points have been tallied by only 4 guys. If Lowell can leverage their depth by grinding it out with Harvard's top line and get points 5-5 from the middle of the roster I like our chances. In Norm I trust to outsmart the Ivy Leaguers - hopefully UML will bring the required intensity and Boyle will swallow up a few rebounds!
                                Last edited by Fishhawk; 11-29-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X