This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

The embellishment call was crap. Mannicia was in front of the q crease and got cross checked from behind right below the shoulder blades by a bigger q d guy. He went down and was a bit slow to get up but im sure it hurt. Lowell was more physical and tougher than q all night. This seems like a harder working more balanced team than last year. Great freaking game really never in question. Shot total is deceiving as Lowell had great chaces while q shot a lot of pucks into Boyle's chest. That said I thought Boyle looked good, made some great saves just has to work on sucking up the rebounds. Q end of ice was sparce but the bench side and expanded student sections wre packed - I would have guessed 5000 attendance. Side note lots of new security this year great at hassling people on tix but let people walk up and down the aisles during play all night, pita!

Comment

11 goals in 2 wins against nationally-ranked teams? Who would have predicted that to start the season?

The goalies Lowell has faced had a combined GAA and Save % last year of 2.06 and .914. This year (Yes, sample size is tiny) it's 5.50 and .780.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        11 goals in 2 wins against nationally-ranked teams? Who would have predicted that to start the season?

The goalies Lowell has faced had a combined GAA and Save % last year of 2.06 and .914. This year (Yes, sample size is tiny) it's 5.50 and .780.
        Game highlights.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3n_ZFBeNGQ

Comment

And don't forget, temporarily number 1 in the pair-wise...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

ENGs don't count... ~4.50
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

A couple quick thoughts on the game:

Given that it was QU, attendance was decent enough. Let's be honest, BC is a huge draw. The crowd behind the end we defend twice was pretty sparse, yes.
              Embellishment was BS. I was not shy about saying this from the stands.
              Huge rebounds were huge last night. At least four goals (two for each) came off of huge rebounds. That is definitely something that needs to be addressed.
              I loved the pace.
              I am loving the balanced scoring and all the different names on the score sheet.

I do NOT like how they stopped putting the player names on the ribbon boards for the scoring when they announce the goals. They just keep running the ads.

Oh, also, those USO ticket forms? Yeah, they don't mention the $10 processing fee they'll tack on. This is almost certainly illegal, definitely slimy, and my original email was ignored. My second one, will not be. Just want people to be warned.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                End of the rink looked almost empty on video feed, 4300 is a respectable number. QU defense is not what it once was. Gartieg may become exposed this season.
                It's early....there is stuff to like and definitely stuff not to like but I expect them to gel given some time together.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

So do we see Jeff Smith tonight? I believe the QU stream is free which is pretty awesome.
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I'm impressed by what I've seen on the ice this season. I know it's only two games, and everything could go down hill, but so far ... really fun to see.

5 goal scorers in the first game. 6 last night. Not bad.

Boyle gave up 3, but Q had some empty nets to shoot at on those.

Student population was fantastic. And I'd like to think it will be even better next week against two big name opponents.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      Oh, also, those USO ticket forms? Yeah, they don't mention the $10 processing fee they'll tack on. This is almost certainly illegal, definitely slimy, and my original email was ignored. My second one, will not be. Just want people to be warned.
                      Can you explain that? Only 'cause i don't know what's going on.

---

The school seems to be going advert heavy in extreme.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Can you explain that? Only 'cause i don't know what's going on.

---

The school seems to be going advert heavy in extreme.
                        Season ticket holders were provided a form to buy tickets for veterans through USO for $7 each. I turned mine in at box offer last week before the game and when I go the email receipt, there was a $10 processing fee that was no mentioned or listed anywhere on the form I sign.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Season ticket holders were provided a form to buy tickets for veterans through USO for $7 each. I turned mine in at box offer last week before the game and when I go the email receipt, there was a $10 processing fee that was no mentioned or listed anywhere on the form I sign.
                          I was going to order these, but now I'm not sure. I want to help, and I'll buy extra tickets, but an extra $10 when I'm trying to help isn't appropriate. Plus, with the Revs in the playoffs, my appearances for the next few weeks are all questionable.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda awful... I'd rather see it be, say $12 w no fee

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Yeah, that's kinda awful... I'd rather see it be, say $12 w no fee
                              Ummm, no.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Ummm, no.
                                relax, I just think $7 for any group is a big discount... the processing fee part is the criminal part... don't gouge people trying to do nice things.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X