X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Hey, nothing can be worse than the abomination played before the Sacred Heart game at Bridgeport last season. To quote Goon: "...that was borderline treasonous, and a disgrace to our nation and its proud and storied history."

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know how to skate at all. She sang from the scorekeeper's booth, not the ice.
    Ouch! Forgot about that Bridgeport, “rendition”. Single most brutal attempt I’ve ever heard. It did border on the disgraceful but I’ld have to know the intent before making that accusation.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Nate Owen pixks us #9 in the ECAC http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/06/depa...ey-in-2014-15/. (Detail about RPI http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/06/last...or-rensselaer/)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Briefly-did you stand next to KG? Even in street clothes he came across to Jen and I as a rather well built young man. But then again Jenny is a munchkin (4'10" and about 107 after a couple of very filling meals)
        Aside from his obvious size (and i really love big forwards as everyone knows) cannot comment much on his hocky ability. Only saw him twice and even at that was not concentrating since he was not one of our listed prospects back then. I will say though that he not only hits very hard, but you can actually hear his hits. That is something that I only thought about when watching Luke C. Some hits just sound hard-hopefully that will not be an influence for those ECAC refs who seem to not really watch the play and call penalties by sound.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Aside from his obvious size (and i really love big forwards as everyone knows) cannot comment much on his hocky ability. Only saw him twice and even at that was not concentrating since he was not one of our listed prospects back then. I will say though that he not only hits very hard, but you can actually hear his hits. That is something that I only thought about when watching Luke C. Some hits just sound hard-hopefully that will not be an influence for those ECAC refs who seem to not really watch the play and call penalties by sound.
          Blind people have to call penalties by sound.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Ouch! Forgot about that Bridgeport, “rendition”. Single most brutal attempt I’ve ever heard. It did border on the disgraceful but I’ld have to know the intent before making that accusation.
            I was of the same mindset at the time...and you may not have noticed, but the BRO skated up to the scorers box and gave them an earful after the Banner ended. The name of the group is Madison Rising...once I understood what they were about, the only thing annoying about their rendition is its tedious length...better than some of the screechers who've sung it previously, and may endear our Anthem to the metal crowd
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Rising

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              I was of the same mindset at the time...and you may not have noticed, but the BRO skated up to the scorers box and gave them an earful after the Banner ended. The name of the group is Madison Rising...once I understood what they were about, the only thing annoying about their rendition is its tedious length...better than some of the screechers who've sung it previously, and may endear our Anthem to the metal crowd
              You just don’t get this stuff anywhere else fans . I missed seeing the BRO skate over.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

You just don’t get this stuff anywhere else fans . I missed seeing the BRO skate over.
                I had forgotten about the whole thing until I listened to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C7i9kdEf8.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I had forgotten about the whole thing until I listened to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C7i9kdEf8.
                  ....that video doesn’t sound half as bad as it did in Bridgeport. Imagine a 12-14,000 seat arena with 75 people in the stands and the volume at it’s highest. It was unpleasant to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                    Even I wouldn't do a techno remix of the Star Spangled Banner. It is to be done at a moderate 3/4, showing only respect for what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Even I wouldn't do a techno remix of the Star Spangled Banner. It is to be done at a moderate 3/4, showing only respect for what it means.
                      Nothing whatsoever against the band , but my favorite version is by the Rennselearics (Rensselaerlyrics?☺️) who sang perfectly Sat night at PEI game...and they don't waste any time doing it. Love them.

I should note: the band has made strong efforts at both the ticket p/u party and the PEI game. They are to be commended for a very strong start to the season. Well done.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Who the #### is Nate Owen? 😜
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Yes, I did. Got my first good look when I was talking with him at the golf outing. I just had to laugh because his thighs are as big my waist. A very thick man no question.
                          +1 Turk. For those who haven't seem:met h, KG is a taller Josh Rabbani. Built like a fire hydrant ....can't wait to see him in uni

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Rennselearics (Rensselaerlyrics?☺️)
                            Rensselyrics.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Nothing whatsoever against the band , but my favorite version is by the Rennselearics (Rensselaerlyrics?☺️) who sang perfectly Sat night at PEI game...and they don't waste any time doing it. Love them.

I should note: the band has made strong efforts at both the ticket p/u party and the PEI game. They are to be commended for a very strong start to the season. Well done.
                              I'll give you it wasn't bad. Perfection would be someone leading the crowd in its performance, with the band as accompaniment.

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day. After avoiding the Union thread all summer except for posting a link to the WaP Union article, my self-imposed exile will be over with the start of our regular season. I am waiting to see if Rick Bennett's alter ego is still posting tripe. (I was going to say this somewhat differently, but it might have gotten me thrown off USCHO.)
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X