This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Wonder if it's related in any way to the WRPI online stream only getting audio on one audio channel during their previous sports broadcasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I am still confused. Before you wrote "I believe they are on the left side of the sections." If that is "From the seats" then seat 1 is nearer the river (west). That would mean that if "your [sic] on the ice", it would go right to left.
      Didn't mean to confuse, all I know is that when I sit in my seat in section 9, that seat 1 is on the end which is on my left side.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        centre ice
        Please spell in American, even though Barry is in charge, we're still going to respect this great country.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Please spell in American, even though Barry is in charge, we're still going to respect this great country.
          I suppose you are going to start with your next post then?

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            Didn't mean to confuse, all I know is that when I sit in my seat in section 9, that seat 1 is on the end which is on my left side.
            Now that makes sense and is the answer which I hoped for. Thanks.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-04-2014, 05:00 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Free speech, that's how I respect this country.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Free speech, that's how I respect this country.
                Just remember that freedom is a two-way street.

Comment

Quick reminder to get your picks in before puck drop for the first week of Pick to Click!
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Just remember that freedom is a two-way street.
                    just remember that in this country we drive on the right side.

Comment

Haggerty playin for Rangers tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supe View Post
                        just remember that in this country we drive on the right side.
                        Just remember that it was my dexterous brethren that came up with that.

Comment

Quick, key thoughts on the game against UPEI. Hard to judge based on one exhibition effort, but I'll try -- and pardon any typos, I'm a beer or two in already

Goaltending was pretty solid, and Kasdorf and Diebold look as in-form as ever. New guy (not Soffer, can't recall the name at the moment) looks Martin St. Louis-short though
                          RPI took a bit to find their groove, but by the end of the first period onward, I saw some good potential. The beginning of the first period had me concerned -- where was the forecheck?!
                          Overall, the effort was pretty sloppy on both sides, but I liked what I saw. I'm a big fan of the way the power play seems to be run now, just as long as the team does not revert to the 5-forwards technique, which burned us so many times last season that I lost count.
                          Prapavessis (spelling?) is a speedy guy, but some of his passing in the RPI zone was a bit questionable -- I'm sure he will grow into being a pretty good Nick Bailen 2.0.
                          I was glad to see a nice slapper by Leonard go straight into the net -- RPI doesn't take those shots enough, IMO.
                          I liked the fact that we didn't do as much playing behind the net as last season -- there was a lot more presence in front, the behind the net can't be the only offensive play we have in the bag.

More thoughts to follow at some point, hopefully.

P.S. great thread title, I agree with everyone else.
                          Last edited by ibanezist00; 10-04-2014, 09:40 PM.
                          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                            Quick, key thoughts on the game against UPEI. Hard to judge based on one exhibition effort, but I'll try -- and pardon any typos, I'm a beer or two in already

Goaltending was pretty solid, and Kasdorf and Diebold look as in-form as ever. New guy (not Soffer, can't recall the name at the moment) looks Martin St. Louis-short though
                            RPI took a bit to find their groove, but by the end of the first period onward, I saw some good potential. The beginning of the first period had me concerned -- where was the forecheck?!
                            Overall, the effort was pretty sloppy on both sides, but I liked what I saw. I'm a big fan of the way the power play seems to be run now, just as long as the team does not revert to the 5-forwards technique, which burned us so many times last season that I lost count.
                            Prapavessis (spelling?) is a speedy guy, but some of his passing in the RPI zone was a bit questionable -- I'm sure he will grow into being a pretty good Nick Bailen 2.0.
                            I was glad to see a nice slapper by Leonard go straight into the net -- RPI doesn't take those shots enough, IMO.
                            I liked the fact that we didn't do as much playing behind the net as last season -- there was a lot more presence in front, the behind the net can't be the only offensive play we have in the bag.

More thoughts to follow at some point, hopefully.

P.S. great thread title, I agree with everyone else.
                            I got back later and saw most of the third period courtesy of RPI TV who is already in mid-season form.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

Second!
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

A couple thoughts from the game:

Bourbonnais looked really good. He singlehandedly created Neal's goal late in the first, blowing past everyone else on the ice to leave the puck for Neal to put home. I also thought Bell looked very comfortable (moreso than Reno who he played with). Leonard with 6 shots on goal and two goals to show for it was nice. Melanson passed up a beautiful scoring chance in the second period to try a low-probability pass. Have to think SA will be going over that one with him on the tape.

RPITV has added two additional fixed cameras hanging just below the catwalk on the north side of the ice, one toward each end of the ice. They were using them for additional replay angles on goals.

With the game as chippy as it was, there were a few instances where Luke of seasons past would have dumped a guy on his rear and taken a penalty for his troubles, but he kept his cool tonight.

All in all, hard to draw too many conclusions from a game like this. The next two weekends should give us a lot more insight into what to expect this season.
                                APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                                X